• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Movies limit what kind of stories DB can do, you can't really have a story like Namek or the Androids/Cell in a movie. You also miss out on a lot of the extra stuff.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind a cycle of a few years of Super, one-year break for a new movie, rinse and repeat.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
One of the good things about a show is that you can give characters that you wouldn't be able to in a movie some screentime

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I prefer arcs thanks, becoming a movie series is honestly the worst outcome I can conceive for Dragon ball for multiple reasons, besides its not like Super had terribly slow, dragging pacing or anything I feel the show was for the most part pretty concise and the arcs weren't ridiculously long

Also I'd like to mention that in that most recent chapter I really liked that Woody Harrelson alien subtly infused his gun with a bit of Ki to use it as a bomb to destroy the cart connectors on the train that's really cool

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
About 3 and a half hours to go till the stage show.
Reminder that there doesn't seem to be a stream and the stage show is a half hour long, so they may hold the announcement till the end. We should have it by around 7PM Pacific at the very least.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Screenshot_2018-12-22-01-32-21.png

He fucking needs to come back in Super 2.0.
Too soon, wait until the end of the next super to start teasing is real turn.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
About 3 and a half hours to go till the stage show.
Reminder that there doesn't seem to be a stream and the stage show is a half hour long, so they may hold the announcement till the end. We should have it by around 7PM Pacific at the very least.
Correcting myself, seems the stage show is an hour long, so the info could go out around 7:30PM Pacific, depending on how they do things.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
someone told Toriyama about "a very popular story overseas" that he had forgotten about, and he's drafted an outline for a new arc in which Goku turns into a child

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
US Shonen Jump teasing.

Hopefully we get an announcement in English pretty quick after the announcement.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Super was in a weird spot early on.

I remember at one point in the first few episodes, people actually had to rely on some really bad fan subs.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
This sucks. I got myself hyped up for nothing. That's my fault for not waiting until a real announcement was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.