• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
I've already seen the movie twice, but my friend is buying me a ticket as a bday present to one of the US showings. Not really a fan of the english dub personally, so not really looking forward to that aspect, but I am excited to actually hear the music and see the animation clearly and on the big screen!

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Has he been on that new Fairy Tail season at all
Nope, he has yet to show up on anything yet since Broly.
He might end up showing up on an episode or two though since April seems less and less likely for the return of Super and we wouldn't necessarily have to be on Super from the very beginning. Fairy Tail also ends in September.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
The LatAm dub was fantastic and I don't even remember the "Ay me doy", so it should have been felt completely natural in the context.

Oct 25, 2017
Well good too see that it wasn't that big a deal after all. In any case I should really go out a buy tickets for the English premiere before it sells out.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Loved every second of Broly.

It completely deserves it's canon status

Also LMAO at the LatAm Spanish dub complains. The line was used in such a natural and non forced manner that the "reaction" was ridiculous.

That said, Paragus VA wasn't so hot...like at all

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i like how people seem to conveniently forget that it's cabba who mentions tingling backs in the first place and goku backs up the explanation a few episodes later

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've made it this far without getting spoiled. Complete blackout on dragon ball media for me until after movie.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Wow, just watched the movie, it looks amazing and the plot while simple was interesting. You see lots of Frieza simply being Frieza and saiyans.
Imand the ending twist was fun, im just dissapointed in broly's dad they could have gone a bit darker as it is he doesn't seem like much of a bad guy.
In fact the Saiyans are portrayed as poor victims a bit much, except for Vegeta.

whats up with frieza wish for being taller? O o

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I can confirm NO sitcom reference was made in the Latin American dub

Whoever thinks "Me doy, pero volveré!"

Is even comparable to this

Is crazy.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the movie. The LatAm dub was superb, as always. And for the first time, I actually care for Broly.

SSJG Vegeta is awesome. Never realized how awesome that transformation is until now; shame it was forgotten after Beerus saga and the Tournament of Power didn't give it justice. Broly vs Gogeta is one of the best fights in the series, even surpassing the final fights of the ToP. And I concede; Gogeta is awesome. Or this Gogeta. Never liked the one of Fusion Reborn and GT.
Also, lmao to people who said Frieza became a good guy after ToP. This movie shows he is still as evil as always.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
When we will get the anime again?
magic8ball.png

Hopefully before the end of the year, probably April 2020 at the latest.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
1st half of 2019 (idk)
Because of how Fuji TV does shows, the only time it could return in the first half of the year is April 7th. If we make it to V-Jump and there is still no announcement I think April is off the table. After that the only other dates the show could come back this year are July 7th and October 6th, and then the first two options in 2020 are January 5th and April 5th. I find it hard to believe it'd come back any later than April 2020, but if they really wanted to they could go with July 2020 to coincide with the 5th anniversary of Super, but honestly they could still advertise it as 5th anniversary with a January or April start anyways, like Super having an "Anime 30th Anniversary" addition to the logo in January 2016 despite the anniversary not being until the very end of February.
If we are looking at a July or October return I guess the next two dates we could potentially get an announcement are April 26th, DBZ's 30th anniversary, and May 9th, Goku Day.

TL;DR
April 2019 is possible, but July 2019, October 2019, Janary 2020 and April 2020 are all probably more likely. Maybe. Who knows.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
honestly i don't think they're gonna be leaving that sweet sweet dragon ball money on the table for over two years
also here's kale going berserk in english

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
honestly i don't think they're gonna be leaving that sweet sweet dragon ball money on the table for over two years
also here's kale going berserk in english

Well with nothing but movie hype to sustain them this fiscal year they have still been up year over year before the movie even came out, so another year might be totally fine. I agree though, 2 years seems like a lot and I would think they'd want to strike while the iron is hot, so July or October make a lot of sense. July especially since it would be right after the probable June home release of Broly. Though October would make the gap between Broly and Super 2 about the same as Super 1 to Broly, so that would also make a lot of sense.

Also yeah, Kale sounds pretty good in the dub, glad they nailed the casting for Kale and Caulifla. Will be interesting to hear Kale's more confident voice in her controlled form.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I'm staying up, now way this can let me down like the 'announcement of super coming back that is definitely happening' that never happened, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.