• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Just got out of a Broly showing. Movie was straight hype. My theatre added an extra showing at the same time directly across from our screening, as it completely sold out. The film is gonna make mad bank stateside, I'm guessing.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Movie was dumb fun. Some of the pacing sucks in the second half of it, but not in a way that bothers me much. I'm glad they kept a steady beat of humor all the way through as well.

Oct 25, 2017
The pacing definitely threw me off. It's easy to see there was a good chunk of content cut from the film, which would really benefit from a re-telling. Hell, the way it's structured is basically four episodes back to back.

Still an absolute blast though.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
it probably helps that Dragon Ball has been more popular than it's been in a while thanks to the show

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
So Broly confirmed most powerful non-fused mortal. I love it. And he hasn't even had any real training outside his level.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I hope broly and kale get to interact in some way down the road in some fashion or another. I'm not hopeful that much of the universe 6 cast will get any screentime at all moving forward though.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How good is this movie if you are someone who had thought the past few years of db stuff has been meh?
It's pretty good! My brother and friend saw it with me and they haven't seen any of DB Super and quite liked the movie.

Though I've seen Super and liked Super and the new movie so I'm not sure if this is all that helpful.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
No. They are stronger since they both surpassed the GoD tier.

Broly has not surpassed it yet.
That is always murky to me. Not all the GoDs are equal. We know that to be fact.

Goku and Vegeta was stated to have power that rivaled the GoDs. Both of them got incredibly strong during ToP and battled Jiren, whom was stronger than for sure his own GoD. Vegeta was stronger than Toppo who himself was strong and had Destruction energy. Goku (utilizing MUI) was stronger than Jiren.

Broly stomped SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta at the same time. And took the combined (and magnified) fusion power of Gogeta to outclass him.

I unno how it all works really.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
That is always murky to me. Not all the GoDs are equal. We know that to be fact.

Goku and Vegeta was stated to have power that rivaled the GoDs. Both of them got incredibly strong during ToP and battled Jiren, whom was stronger than for sure his own GoD. Vegeta was stronger than Toppo who himself was strong and had Destruction energy. Goku (utilizing MUI) was stronger than Jiren.

Broly stomped SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta at the same time. And took the combined (and magnified) fusion power of Gogeta to outclass him.

I unno how it all works really.
Goku and Vegeta only got stronger forms. They didnt get stronger on their normal ones.

All the GoD are around the same tier with Beerus, Quitela and Belmod being on top.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Goku and Vegeta only got stronger forms. They didnt get stronger on their normal ones.

All the GoD are around the same tier with Beerus, Quitela and Belmod being on top.

The only source for those Gods being top tier is the Super manga, which uses a different scale from the anime and the movie is based on the anime.

Also, Goku and Vegeta's base forms did get stronger since all their forms are multiplers from base form.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who ever made the movie should be put on charge of Dragonball. It was better than any toei has ever did

Dark_EMT

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Goku also said that broly was much stronger than him. Vegita also said he would rather get killed by broly than do the fusion dance.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
According to Goku, Broly is probably stronger than Beerus, which puts him above 'god-tier'.
Probably is key here. If Goku isn't sure about it then Broly and Beerus are close to each other so Broly is still GoD tier since he would be weaker or equal than Quitela.

The only source for those Gods being top tier is the Super manga, which uses a different scale from the anime and the movie is based on the anime.

Also, Goku and Vegeta's base forms did get stronger since all their forms are multiplers from base form.
Nope. The movie can't work with the anime.

Super Saiyan Broly isn't even 5 times stronger than Blue Goku. Goku would have one shotted him with Blue Kaioken x10.

All their forms didn't get stronger. Vegeta got Evolution and Goku got MUI/UIO. That's it.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Probably is key here. If Goku isn't sure about it then Broly and Beerus are close to each other so Broly is still GoD tier since he would be weaker or equal than Quitela.

Nope. The movie can't work with the anime.

Super Saiyan Broly isn't even 5 times stronger than Blue Goku. Goku would have one shotted him with Blue Kaioken x10.

All their forms didn't get stronger. Vegeta got Evolution and Goku got MUI/UIO. That's it.

Not completely since Goku haven't seen Beerus at full power, so the closest comparison for him would be Jiren, hence hence the 'possibly' since he probably wants to give Beerus the benefit of the doubt since he isn't completely sure. That and we don't know how strong or weak Quitela is in the anime, so this comparison doesn't work.

Toriyama and the directer of the movie both said that the movie continues the anime and Bulma even says that the Dragon Balls will be back in four months, which lines up with the events of anime version of Super. So yes, the movie is canon to the anime. Also, Broly isn't getting one shotted by Blue Kaioken anything unless you think Beerus could get one-shotted by those forms since Goku put Broly on Beerus' level.

Goku's UI is a none factor since he can't access it freely and Evolved is only on par with Blue Kaioken x20.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Just got home from seeing the movie in theaters my god it was so good and the crowd was right into it as well.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Not completely since Goku haven't seen Beerus at full power, so the closest comparison for him would be Jiren, hence hence the 'possibly' since he probably wants to give Beerus the benefit of the doubt since he isn't completely sure. That and we don't know how strong or weak Quitela is in the anime, so this comparison doesn't work.

Toriyama and the directer of the movie both said that the movie continues the anime and Bulma even says that the Dragon Balls will be back in four months, which lines up with the events of anime version of Super. So yes, the movie is canon to the anime. Also, Broly isn't getting one shotted by Blue Kaioken anything unless you think Beerus could get one-shotted by those forms since Goku put Broly on Beerus' level.

Goku's UI is a none factor since he can't access it freely and Evolved is only on par with Blue Kaioken x20.
How do you know Goku hasn't seen Beeru's full power? It's the same kind of logic that people tried to pull with trying to debunk Beerus ~ Vegetto Blue.

Quitela is stronger than Beerus as confirmed in the manga. Since the anime never confirmed who beat Beerus in the arm fight then we can use that info from the manga.

Ikari Broly (Who is 10 times stronger than his base) was weaker than Blue Goku and then transforms into a Super Saiyan (Which is 50 times base) making him 5 times as powerful than his Ikari form. So he can't be more than 5 times as strong as Blue Goku.

Sorry but a Kaioken x10 Blue Goku would beat him easily.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
How do you know Goku hasn't seen Beeru's full power? It's the same kind of logic that people tried to pull with trying to debunk Beerus ~ Vegetto Blue.

Quitela is stronger than Beerus as confirmed in the manga. Since the anime never confirmed who beat Beerus in the arm fight then we can use that info from the manga.

Ikari Broly (Who is 10 times stronger than his base) was weaker than Blue Goku and then transforms into a Super Saiyan (Which is 50 times base) making him 5 times as powerful than his Ikari form. So he can't be more than 5 times as strong as Blue Goku.

Sorry but a Kaioken x10 Blue Goku would beat him easily.

Except in the anime no comparison was ever made between Vegito Blue and Beerus. Even Toyo himself said Shin could have been wrong since he doesn't know Beerus' full power. So even that statement in the manga is questionable at best.

We can't used the scaling in the manga to scale the anime since they used two different scales. The only thing we can infer from the anime is that is that Jiren is stronger than his God of Destruction and that god is stronger than Beerus going by Whis. After that, we don't know how any god scale to each other outside of Beerus and Champa. Especially since in the manga, Beerus lost the arm wrestling match to the Quitela, while the anime implied it was Belmond.

Which again, unless you believe that Blue Kaioken can one-shot Beerus, you can't say Broly would be one-shotted by Blue Kaioken since Goku put him in the same league as Beerus.

Also:

Broly in his Super Saiyan form was able to pressure Gogeta enough into going into Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan after he fought evenly in Super Saiyan. Which means that Super Saiyan Broly is more than five times stronger than Blue Kaioken since you have a Fusion multiplier on top of the Super Saiyan multiplier that Broly matched.

Last edited:

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Except in the anime no comparison was ever made between Vegito Blue and Beerus. Even Toyo himself said Shin could have been wrong since he doesn't know Beerus' full power. So even that statement in the manga is questionable at best.

We can't used the scaling in the manga to scale the anime since they used two different scales. The only thing we can infer from the anime is that is that Jiren is stronger than his God of Destruction and that god is stronger than Beerus going by Whis. After that, we don't know how any god scale to each other outside of Beerus and Champa. Especially since in the manga, Beerus lost the arm wrestling match to the Quitela, while the anime implied it was Belmond.

Which again, unless you believe that Blue Kaioken can one-shot Beerus, you can't say Broly would be one-shotted by Blue Kaioken since Goku put him in the same league as Beerus.

Also:

Broly in his Super Saiyan form was able to pressure Gogeta enough into going into Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan after he fought evenly in Super Saiyan. Which means that Super Saiyan Broly is more than five times stronger than Blue Kaioken since you have a Fusion multiplier on top of the Super Saiyan multiplier that Broly matched.
Super Saiyan =/= Super Saiyan Full Power (Green hair).

FUCKING HELL

Enforced

Oct 26, 2017
When they will release the blu-ray/DVD? I hope they will release the limited or special edition. I will definitely buy it if they release those.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
If I have one big criticism of the art in movie, is that I really don't like Beerus' character model. He looks like a dog in a few scenes.

Also:

Gogeta vs. Broly looked more like a fancy light show than an actual fight. I actually prefer the earlier fights with Goku and Vegeta since you actually see real fighting techniques. I mean, it harken backs to Dragon Ball Z which did a lot of this, but it feels like a downgrade from the real martial arts that Super. In terms of style (I don't mean action or model), I actually prefer UI Goku vs Jiren.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Super Saiyan =/= Super Saiyan Full Power (Green hair).

FUCKING HELL

Full Powered Broly is Super Saiyan Broly, except he's at full powered. It isn't presented in the film as a different form in the movie. And even then,

It was Super Saiyan Broly that was more or less even with Super Saiyan Gogeta. He didn't got 'Full Power', until Gogeta went Blue. So my point still stands that Broly in the movie was comparable to Super Saiyan Gogeta which is Fusion plus the Super Saiyan multiplier even before he went Full Power, meaning that Blue Kaioken Goku can't one-shot him.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Full Powered Broly is Super Saiyan Broly, except he's at full powered. It isn't presented in the film as a different form in the movie. And even then,

It was Super Saiyan Broly that was more or less even with Super Saiyan Gogeta. He didn't got 'Full Power', until Gogeta went Blue.
He has Green hair for fucks sake. It's a different form.

And what about matching SS Gogeta? That doesn't disprove a single thing I said about Broly's power.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
He has Green hair for fucks sake. It's a different form.

And what about matching SS Gogeta? That doesn't disprove a single thing I said about Broly's power.

It isn't, especially in the a movie that purposely played with colors. Full Powered Broly is just his Super Saiyan form at full power as the name implies. It's really no different than 'Full Powered' Frieza from Namek.

It does, unless you believe Blue Kaioken can one-shot Super Saiyan Gogeta.

Status
Not open for further replies.