• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I wish Base Gohan had his RoF hair if just for a more noticeable change. Ah well no use hoping

Less than a week till I can go see Broly!

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Problem I have is that Ultimate Gohan isn't distinct aside from the bang, and personally i think adult Gohan's design is his least interesting one
I mean, it is distinct if he's the only Saiyan running around punching hard with black hair. He stands out when the alternative is red or blue or gold.

I wish Base Gohan had his RoF hair if just for a more noticeable change. Ah well no use hoping

Less than a week till I can go see Broly!

Problem is even before release people were really negative about that design so I don't blame Toei for going back to his Battle of the Gods look.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Wow. Purple lightning with Gohan's Ultimate form would actually be friggin cool.

maxresdefault.jpg

Can't wait for when the anime returns and Gohan gets dumb eyes and a shitty cg aura.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Eh, Gohan is more interesting when he does his own thing instead of copying every other saiyan, so I'm glad they brought Ultimate back.

Too bad 'Ultimate' is so uninspiring that people don't know when he's using it without a 'bang'. It's basically a worst Super Saiyan 2.

If it was always on, that wouldn't be an issue, but that isn't the case. That and Omen shows us how to do a 'base inspired' transformation within it being dull.

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
just saw the movie, damn that was hot, this new Broly I like he can stick around.
Though my Judgement of Broly's POWER LEVEL....less than Jiren probably

Last edited by a moderator:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
the time Broly spends beating on Freeza and fusions in general make it hard to gauge where both Gogeta and Broly fall.

That's mostly because Frieza getting his butt chewed up is played for laughs, while Frieza getting his butt torn up in the TOP was drama. That and Jiren generally have better feats along with Gogeta being an unknown powerwise since we have no one but Broly to scale him from.

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
feel like the beating Toppo gave him was way worse

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
feel like the beating Toppo gave him was way worse

I honestly agree. The beating Broly gave Frieza was more Loony Toons, while Toppo, this image says it best:

26869214_183251592407888_6616382074217562112_n.jpg

But I do find it amusing that Broly would be the third time Frieza made someone powerful who then went on to kicked his ass, and he even did it on purpose this time. Think Frieza would learn after the second time to stop pissing off.

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017
Movie was pure spectacle, fighting scenes were hype as hell.
Broly is such a likeable character. I hope he sticks around

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So first half of the movie was amazing, second half was great. Animation was wonderful except the cg parts. Broly's characterization was amazing and way more likable from his earlier incarnation. Humor was hilarious in this. And holy shit, the fights in this was fucking hype! Oh man, I want to watch this again!

Oct 25, 2017
How much money do I have to give TOEI or Toriyama to never again write a Vegeta scene where he just refuses to work with Goku cause "muh pride" but then reluctantly gives in

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much money do I have to give TOEI or Toriyama to never again write a Vegeta scene where he just refuses to work with Goku cause "muh pride" but then reluctantly gives in

Eh, he had the typical revulsion to the Fusion Dance. Remember that nobody else wanted to do it during the Buu arc.

Village

Oct 25, 2017

Considering that's the aspect of the character people like and veggie is popular , I would assume basically a controlling stock in the company then attempt to buy out toriyama's rights to the franchise

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Vegeta actually had a good reason for wanting to get stronger in this movie. Stopping Frieza now that he's alive again.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So are they gonna do the retelling in super? I'm kinda with Lotus on this one. The retelling would make the story better but animation wouldn't be as good. God, I hope this kind of animation carries over into the new show.

kitzkozan

Oct 25, 2017
one day they'll learn

one day

I could see this one earning close to ~40M which would be insane given that Battle of gods grossed 2.5M and 2D animation is considered outdated in the west. If you play devil's advocate we are talking about the 3rd highest grossing anime movie in NA history at 21M which gives you an idea of the overall lack of interest by the masses for the genre so you can't blame Funimation for being very conservative. :P Super is going to come back under a different name or not and there's going to be another movie for sure given these results so they better be ready next time. ;)

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I could see this one earning close to ~40M which would be insane given that Battle of gods grossed 2.5M and 2D animation is considered outdated in the west. If you play devil's advocate we are talking about the 3rd highest grossing anime movie in NA history at 21M which gives you an idea of the overall lack of interest by the masses for the genre so you can't blame Funimation for being very conservative. :P Super is going to come back under a different name or not and there's going to be another movie for sure given these results so they better be ready next time. ;)

I just feel like in a world where the most niche, nerdy, obscure superheroes like Aquaman and Black Panther and Doctor Strange are massive, massive hits, there's no reason why Dragon Ball couldn't be huge, 2D animation or not. The main movie-going audience are those nerds driving comic book movies to ungodly numbers at the box office. That group grew up with Dragon Ball and will watch a new movie in droves. In fact, the 2D animation could and should be used as the defining aspect that helps it stand out. There is certainly no 2D animation I've ever seen quite like that fight sequence in DBS Broly. It was fucking bonkers and one of a kind.

Even though I think the end goal will be a live action adaptation, Dragon Ball is so ubiquitous that I truly believe a 2D animated film marketed and released properly would be successful.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
another live action adaption will the most idiotic thing ever.

evolution was released in an era where the studios were embarrassed of the source material for comics or anime.

we now live in an era where thanos is the most popular movie villain in the world thanks to the live action adaptation of infinity gauntlet.

also technology and cgi has come a long way in 10 years, DBZ-esque fight scenes are now possible in live action and can look good. it can be done well if the right people are involved. embrace the anime look and feel instead of being embarrassed by it and suppressing it for the masses (i.e. evolution).

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
From a making money standout sure but nothing about live action would benefit the series. I just don't see any reason for it.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
This arc in the Super manga continues to be pretty alright.

Moro isn't a particularly threatening villain so far, but he has a bit of mystery about him which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.