• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Jiren's story was fine but he needed more pre-tournament scenes with the other Pride Troopers I think to better establish the conflict. You don't really get a sense of how he relates to the other Troopers. Or even if they just had Toppo and Dyspo worried about calling him in because he's hard to work with or something. The manga has the opposite problem where they do a better job of establishing him beforehand but the finale of the tournament is much weaker.

I kind of got the feeling (especially with how they said they were initially given his design without notes) they weren't entirely sure what to do with Jiren going in which is why they had him standing around and quiet for so long. His personality is fairly different between the show, XV2 and the manga too.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
I think Jiren's story was fine but he needed more pre-tournament scenes with the other Pride Troopers I think to better establish the conflict. You don't really get a sense of how he relates to the other Troopers. Or even if they just had Toppo and Dyspo worried about calling him in because he's hard to work with or something. The manga has the opposite problem where they do a better job of establishing him beforehand but the finale of the tournament is much weaker.

I kind of got the feeling (especially with how they said they were initially given his design without notes) they weren't entirely sure what to do with Jiren going in which is why they had him standing around and quiet for so long. His personality is fairly different between the show, XV2 and the manga too.
His personality in anime and manga aren't all that different tbh. Hell if anything, he's portrayed a bit more heroic earlier on in the manga, but then in the ToP he's just as much of a douchebag as anime Jiren, if not even more so, and is pettier.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
He doesn't make sense in the manga. he started of as totally different character then turned into the anime version.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Kitaro now has 3 animation supervisors that animate episodes by themselves and 1 that animates episodes alone with his wife. Shows don't usually have more than one solo animator btw.
Toei really freeing up a lot of staff.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His personality in anime and manga aren't all that different tbh. Hell if anything, he's portrayed a bit more heroic earlier on in the manga, but then in the ToP he's just as much of a douchebag as anime Jiren, if not even more so, and is pettier.

Yeah that's what I mean though, like I got the impression Toyotaro recalibrated him after seeing the show but in the beginning it felt like all the teams were working on their own interpretation of the character. Like it felt like he wasn't as locked down when they started the arc

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
He doesn't make sense in the manga. he started of as totally different character then turned into the anime version.
Basically. He was portrayed differently earlier on, and then made a complete 180.

Yeah that's what I mean though, like I got the impression Toyotaro recalibrated him after seeing the show but in the beginning it felt like all the teams were working on their own interpretation of the character. Like it felt like he wasn't as locked down when they started the arc
I get you. I definitely could see that.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
should we get someone to change the thread title since it's been a while since February 1st

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping the reason we haven't seen Tate on anything since the movie finished is because he's been working on Super 2.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping the reason we haven't seen Tate on anything since the movie finished is because he's been working on Super 2.
He'll likely be on the show as a regular, but I have to wonder what he's been doing in the mean time. Animation production would presumably start this month or next, assuming a July air date. Broly's animation was completed in October, so there are a couple months were he was seemingly just missing. Maybe he worked on the new One Piece movie in that time or something.

Oct 25, 2017
He'll likely be on the show as a regular, but I have to wonder what he's been doing in the mean time. Animation production would presumably start this month or next, assuming a July air date. Broly's animation was completed in October, so there are a couple months were he was seemingly just missing. Maybe he worked on the new One Piece movie in that time or something.
I legit forgot about the One Piece movie.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
There's apparently been leaks regarding the next chapter and woo boy pepole are going to be upset if they are real. They probably aren't though

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
DzxmYM2WkAAIlRA.jpg:large

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
lol that sounds like someone who doesn't understand Goku at all is writing some dumbass fanfic...so Toyotaro

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i know Goku has a fight boner and all that, but he's never ever tried to get someone killed on purpose to get a better fight

Status
Not open for further replies.