• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man makes a deal with the devil and sells his marriage in exchange for having it easier as Spider-Man

It's reviled as the worst Spider-Man characterization ever written

He got his secret identity back (which he gave up in Civil War) and Aunt May didnt die but along with the marriage he gave up his potential daughter as well.

It was pretty bad and then got even worse when it was 100% just a ploy to break them up because the Editor in Chief at the time hated the thought of Peter and MJ being married.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
THAT IS LITERALLY CELL SAGA VEGETA

THAT IS THE WORST
It'd be worse than that actually.
Vegeta was at least kicking the ever loving shit out of Cell and he gave zero shits about 18.
In that "leak" Goku and Vegeta are already overpowered, so why would Goku let Moro get even stronger? And at the cost of all of the Dragon Balls no less?
It's nonsensical, and I don't think Toyotaro is that dumb.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be worse than that actually.
Vegeta was at least kicking the over loving shit out of Cell and he gave zero shits about 18.
In that "leak" Goku and Vegeta are already overpowered, so why would Goku let Moro get even stronger? And at the cost of all of the Dragon Balls no less?
It's nonsensical, and I don't think Toyotaro is that dumb.
i'd also say it's a complete misread of who Goku is as a character.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
So the manga is already after the Broly movie? Is this what will be animated when the inevitable Super sequel happens?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So the manga is already after the Broly movie? Is this what will be animated when the inevitable Super sequel happens?
Remains to be seen, probably depends on a lot of factors. When the show comes back, if they start with a retelling of Broly, etc.
It's not Toriyama's story as far as we know, so that is a point against it, but doesn't mean it won't be adapted.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
Lmao. If true, Toyo ruined another character and would show no understanding of the character. But I'll wait and see. Seems fake

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DzxmYM2WkAAIlRA.jpg:large

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Of course

Vegeta jobs first and Goku will likely have some creative solution to get out of things next chapter. The way it went about happening was interesting though. His powers are pretty refreshing.

Really liking Moro.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Manga chapter: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1001365

My thoughts for those who cares:

Jesus, they really did used the RPG trope of not telling the heroes useful information for no real reason and only reveal it to some secondary character after the fact. Seriously, why wasn't Goku and Vegeta told this information sooner?

So New Namek has good energy, compared to old Namek that Goku mused sucked when it came to gathering anything for the Spirit Bomb. And did we really need a panel of Vegeta saying 'I guess I need to escape in the air', like we have eyes Toyo. You don't have to write what Vegeta is doing, we can see it.

Moro really is a Cell Expy, he even fall for the same 'I give up, so tell me your evil plan' plan ploy. Well, at least he isn't as dumb as Cell who told his life story without attacking, but.....disappointed that Moro's wish is exactly as predicted, making him like a combo of Old King Piccolo and Cell. And I keep reading Moro's text in Darth Sidious' voice.

"They challenged Moro without all the facts', you literally never told them this information despite them being on your ship and helping you missions, and you have no good reason why you didn't tell them this information. Freaking really. Also, Goku and Vegeta are dumb asses for not being able to figured out he could probably steal life energy from them if he could rob a planet.

Overall, this chapter could have been avoided if the Galactic Patrol just told Goku and Vegeta all this information from the start. There was no reason to hold this information back and then blamed Goku and Vegeta for not knowing. Also, Moro is really lame. Our first magical wizard since Babidi and the best Toyo could do was copy Cell mixed with King Piccolo. He can used magic, you could have been so much more creative here.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I'm really glad those spoilers were fake.

On the other hand, it says something of the general quality of the manga that a lot of people accepted them as true right away.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I like this arc so far, but it's definitely missing... something. Moro's powers and backstory are neat, but his character can be boiled down to just being King Piccolo-lite, and there's not much more to the story right now beyond Goku and Vegeta fighting the villain that just randomly crawled out of the woodwork. It just needs more, cuz we're pretty much dealing with just a super basic movie villain scenario right now.

The Galactic Patrol and Buu are almost certainly going to play a role in where this goes, which is nice, but is that really all we're getting with this arc? I'm kinda hoping that we'll get a twist like Merus being responsible for helping Moro escape in exchange for that power he has that Goku and Geets can't seem to perceive, or something like that.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
The idea that he's blocked SSJ transformations is neat, even if it's just absorbing energy. Would have been better if it had been a deliberate magic spell or something.

Besides his energy absorption and telekinesis... Moro doesn't seem like he's super strong? At best he's OG Freeza level, maybe a bit stronger. Given that he died before Buu was created/awakened by Bibidi, it makes perfect sense that the Gods of Creation would try to handle him like they did Buu eventually.

An enjoyable chapter but if this battle lasts for more than half the next chapter it'll start to drag.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I like this arc so far, but it's definitely missing... something. Moro's powers and backstory are neat, but his character can be boiled down to just being King Piccolo-lite, and there's not much more to the story right now beyond Goku and Vegeta fighting the villain that just randomly crawled out of the woodwork. It just needs more, cuz we're pretty much dealing with just a super basic movie villain scenario right now.

The Galactic Patrol and Buu are almost certainly going to play a role in where this goes, which is nice, but is that really all we're getting with this arc? I'm kinda hoping that we'll get a twist like Merus being responsible for helping Moro escape in exchange for that power he has that Goku and Geets can't seem to perceive, or something like that.

Yeah I hope it expands into something more. Not sure I see how it could at this point but maybe some relevant info is being held off for a future chapter.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good chapter. Moro's powers make it hard for our heroes to directly fight him, which while not a huge shakeup, is still nice.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
forgot the manga existed lmao

they're still fighting the billy goat? damn, we really need the anime to come back. i aint watching two alien monkeys tame a goat.

Dec 28, 2018
Can't believe in the year of 2019 I'm actual enjoying the Super manga of all things. This was a good chapter and I liked the fight between Moro and Vegeta even if it did end in the traditional Vegeta job. While I won't say Moro is the most unique villain in Dragon Ball as I will agree with others that he does feel like a retread of King Piccolo somewhat, he is breath of fresh air after the likes of Jiren and Broly. His ability is kinda neat though attacking with the life energy of the planet but I do hope that isn't the extent of his powers and that he has some crazier magic down the line. And as much as I'd love to see other characters fight Moro with how the chapter ended I feel like Buu will be the only other one who gets involved. I'd love to be proved wrong but this is Dragon Ball and I know better than to get my hopes up for any other characters not named Goku or Vegeta getting a chance to do anything.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
I'd love to be proved wrong but this is Dragon Ball and I know better than to get my hopes up for any other characters not named Goku or Vegeta getting a chance to do anything.
We did just come off an arc where 17 and Freeza played crucial roles in the last part. Trunks was a main character during his arc. I think it's more that Toyo doesn't seem to want to write others with as much prominence.

Dec 28, 2018
We did just come off an arc where 17 and Freeza played crucial roles in the last part. Trunks was a main character during his arc. I think it's more that Toyo doesn't seem to want to write others with as much prominence.

I'd like to give Toyo the benefit of the doubt but you are right that he doesn't seem keen on giving any other character a chance to shine in the manga. Hell I wouldn't be that shocked if buu doesn't even end up doing much and it's Goku who ends up taking out Moro.

Status
Not open for further replies.