• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
damn

I blame ajay and arched for getting my hopes up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but really they'll just announce super continuing/dragon ball ultra in a random press release in the new year.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Wtf
Hella disappointing.

So vague. What are we supposed to take from "working on the next one" 🤦🏾‍♂️

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, im gonna have nightmares of Dragonball not returning until 2020 so it can follow the disappointing Toyotaro manga instead and we'll get stupid filler between arcs

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what Moro's role will be if Toriyama is already working on his next arc. Will it be post-Moro arc?

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to laugh if the manga is all we have to go on for so long, that by the time the anime returns, whatever outline Toriyama writes ends up completely invalidating one of Toyo's arcs because he's already forgotten it

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
What was the series anniversary?
January 2018 was the Kitaro series anniversary.

Anyways, yeah, April is less likely now but not completely out of the question. As mentioned Kitaro was announced in January and if April is the date of the return they could just be waiting until the movie comes out in more countries to make the announcement.
I'd set expectations on one of the following months to be safe though....
October 2019, January 2020, April 2020.
Hopefully we don't have to wait that long.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
January 2018 was the Kitaro series anniversary.

Anyways, yeah, April is less likely now but not completely out of the question. As mentioned Kitaro was announced in January and if April is the date of the return they could just be waiting until the movie comes out in more countries to make the announcement.
I'd set expectations on one of the following months to be safe though....
October 2019, January 2020, April 2020.
Hopefully we don't have to wait that long.

Do Toei even care about stuff like that? But they did announced Super after Resurrection 'F' came out here in the states, so it isn't impossible.

Oct 27, 2017
Sucks still no straight announcement aside from a semi-vague Toriyama tease, please let this manga arc be decent to tie me over until an anime

Stunner911

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wakanda
EmotionalQuarterlyAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
What the fuck, I woke up expecting to see reaction to the return of the show. I'm never listening to people who pretend they are in the know again.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Well, the merchandising sales actually grew in spite of no anime airing, so they're likely in no hurry for the next season.

Last edited:

Daemul

Dec 13, 2017
Scotland
That Toriyama quote is absolutely beautiful.

-openly and politely calls adult dragon ball fans manchildren (he's right tho)
-says that dragon ball is "nothing but fighting"
-A little bit of casual sexism thrown in

Oh+my+sides+blew+off+_f350c1cd067c560578cda0cab9aee4eb.png

Toriyama never change my man.

EDIT:Does anyone else get the impression that the new work he's talking about isn't Dragonball related?

Last edited:

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
You can tell he'd love to do a none fighting focused arc like the first in the series. But the fans would hate it. I wouldn't, do it for me Toriyama

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
You can tell he'd love to do a none fighting focused arc like the first in the series. But the fans would hate it. I wouldn't, do it for me Toriyama
Yeah, it comes off as a little depressing, like he still loves his baby but he's forced into something he doesn't really like. You can see he kinda gets comfort from being involved with the narrative and doing designs but he just doesn't care about the action one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.