• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
right now Im reading the top Super Manga because i kind of forgot it existed and wow 😮
i feel dumb for not getting frieza x frost plan in the anime now so he said it didn't mattered if he died and even U7/shin know how expendable and weak krillin and Tien really are compared to frieza so everythings right xD Frieza probably thought Frost was at his same level at first.
Frieza gets to fight the saiyans like he wanted! wasn't expecting this it was a good battle and even Gohan got a win at the end even if i don't know how.
Master Roshi teaching Goku how to evade Jiren :O that was a cool moment
The rest are meaningless eliminations but at least #17 gets a few cool lines
The Angels hinting the monster that killed jiren's master was a demon and not even their power can rebive him!
Goku waving goodbye to Frieza 😢
You're free to like what you want, but man I fucking hate the Roshi thing. I hate the manga ToP in general.
Just wait till after the movie is out in the west to see if we get an announcement, lots of signs still point to it being in production. Nothing has really changed just because they didn't announce it at Jump Festa.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
You're free to like what you want, but man I fucking hate the Roshi thing. I hate the manga ToP in general.

Just wait till after the movie is out in the west to see if we get an announcement, lots of signs still point to it being in production. Nothing has really changed just because they didn't announce it at Jump Festa.
I don't say its 'good but, as a companion piece i think the manga complements the anime well enough, some stuff is focused on a bit more on the manga that isn't on the anime at least its worth a read.

Even if the ToP is just the saiyan + frieza show vs Jiren
I like to think Jiren wasn't seriously trying to hit Roshi because he is a superhero and wouldn't punch an old man

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
2019 is gonna be a MASSIVE year for Dragon Ball. Hope yalls are ready.

dVtoniK.png

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Q9jyQtI.jpg

Any reason why Kid Buy wants to absorb this god and end up as Fat Buy? Didn't watch the animation, only read the DB:Z manga.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Q9jyQtI.jpg

Any reason why Kid Buy wants to absorb this god and end up as Fat Buy? Didn't watch the animation, only read the DB:Z manga.

Fat guy is in the manga for like...a panel.
The anime made them seem a bit more relevant

And Toyotaro being the fanboy he is, is desperately trying to make them super important

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

How can you hate UI Roshi? It's the best meme to come out of the Super manga. What you really should be pissed about is how Toyo character assassinated Kelfa, Goku, and Vegeta.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Okay serious question.
If Broly is a mutant Saiyan, and SSJ Full Power is a genetic anomaly, is that what Kale is as well? Also, if Saiyans can mutate to have access to a SSJ form with no Ki endurance limitations, I wonder how that can translate to someone with God Ki. Maybe that is what SSJB+ Vegeta is? God Ki+SSJ is a key step to getting to getting towards a purer, no limits Perfect SSJ form like Full power. Or something.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Okay serious question.
If Broly is a mutant Saiyan, and SSJ Full Power is a genetic anomaly, is that what Kale is as well? Also, if Saiyans can mutate to have access to a SSJ form with no Ki endurance limitations, I wonder how that can translate to someone with God Ki. Maybe that is what SSJB+ Vegeta is? God Ki+SSJ is a key step to getting to getting towards a purer, no limits Perfect SSJ form like Full power. Or something.

Chance are, yes Kale is the same kind of mutant as Broly which is why they have Super Saiyan forms that are vastly more powerful than the normal Super Saiyan forms, but also causes them to lose their sanity. It's actually quite similar to Frieza and his family, who are mutants of their race who are vastly stronger than their species, but also sociopaths. So I wouldn't call Broly's mutated Super Saiyan form 'perfect' since he becomes like a Great Ape with no control of himself.

Although, interesting, according to Whis the normal Super Saiyan form is also a type of mutation. So the whole thing implies when Saiyans get stronger or break new limits, they transform. Kinda like how UI is a transformation for Goku but not for Whis or Beerus. Also Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is Super Saiyan with god ki.

Broly does have limitation. Like no amount of adaption could make him match Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Gogeta.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Only Saiyans get power ups

I think you mean transformation since all the humans did get power-ups for the TOP, especially Roshi. You then have 17 who went from being eaten by Perfect Cell to sparing with Goku in his god form and Piccolo strangling the life out of Super Saiyan 2 Gohan. And not let's get started on Frieza who did get another transformation.

Heck even people like Hit got vast stronger.

Nov 3, 2017
Just watched the Broly movie yesterday. As a piece of cinema, it's deeply flawed, but as a Dragon Ball thing, it's a whole ton of fun and introduces a lot of cool potential story avenues for the universe

Dec 28, 2018
Man I'm still a tad bit salty that we didn't get an anime announcement at Jump Festa. Because despite the issues I had with Super I enjoyed watching it each week. I am curious about when the anime does come back if it'll adapt the Broly movie or if it'll adapt the current super manga arc. I'd personally prefer something new but I get the gut feeling that we'll most likely get an adaptation instead. Honestly wouldn't mind if the current arc in the super manga got adapted as I'm actually liking it so far. Dunno if a TV adaptation of the Broly movie will improve the story at all, as I felt that BoG and RoF TV adaptations didn't really add anything worthwhile. And it also feels like the Broly movie biggest selling point is its animation more so than the story.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Wishing Toonami hadn't taken such a long break in airing episodes. Still going to be like September before the US catches up :( Start doing 2 a week or something please :(

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Wishing Toonami hadn't taken such a long break in airing episodes. Still going to be like September before the US catches up :( Start doing 2 a week or something please :(
It'll be like November when Toonami finishes, but the show will likely be back on in Japan by then so it won't even be caught up.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

No point rushing a show that has officially ended. Even if Super gets another show, it wouldn't be connected to the current anime like Naruto to Boruto. Or even Buu Kai to Super which both aired at the same time.

Enforced

Oct 26, 2017
I went ahead to watch some of the dragonball z vids before the dbs broly movie release. I watched this scene is when after Buu got out of hyperbolic time chamber.

It was terrifying for me as a kid watching this scene for the first time. Bulma's and other's screams was haunting when they got turned into chocolate.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the Broly movie that's coming to U.S. theaters soon is English dubbed only or are some theaters going to offer it subbed? Don't see anything about the language when looking it up.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys. That kinda sucks- the My Hero Academia movie had both sub and dub offered.

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was about to ask because I was looking up ticket information and I only saw one theater specifically cite English Dub. Other theaters list "Alternative Content" (what do they mean by that?).

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
Watched the movie today. I would prefer to watch the sub version, but they only released dub version in Brazil. It was fine, the dub was spot on, except Whis in my opinion.

- Pros
Cheelai and Lemo are really good characters, Broly too, they work really well as a trio;
The entire prologue is so cool, it's so great to see King Cold and Ginyu Force again, even for a few seconds. Dodoria and Zarbon too. I belive I saw Cui flying in one scene, but I'm not sure. Also, why is Freeza red in the 1st form now? It's because he's young or they're updating the design colors?
I'm in love with Bardock and Gine. Also a lot of cool designs for the saiya-jin, there is the spokesman that looks like a Taopaipai saiya-jin version;
Every throwback to the old series is well made, especially the fast ones showing Goku growing and the other when Goku says that a lot happened on Earth and it show the faces of every enemy incarnation;
Kid Vegeta and kid Raditz <3, also there are 2 more survivors with them, now I want to know what happened with them;
The color palette is so beautiful, and it makes basic SSJ looks awesome. SSG too. Vegeta was really handsome in this movie;
Out of nowhere there's a first person camera battle scene and I really liked it;
I loved the comical relief scenes, the fusion dance part and Freeza killing Paragus (yeah, that's a really bizarre comic relief part lol [but he kind of deserved it, both Paragus and King Vegeta are assholes]);

- Cons
Blizzard is too good of a song to only be used at the ending credits;
I don't know, the battle theme is kinda weird with the screams saying the characters names, looks like the soundtrack of a Mortal Kombat movie.;

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch last night's DB Supes episode on demand this morning while I had my breakfast.

They had a big long form ad for the US release of the movie along with a web addy to buy advanced tix.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Just rewatched the Original Broly movie again... 🙄

Lol man that ending was much worse than I remember. One Punch, Man.

After all that build up. What the hell were they thinking with such a weak ass finale.

Should have been an epic final battle.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just rewatched the Original Broly movie again... 🙄

Lol man that ending was much worse than I remember. One Punch, Man.

After all that build up. What the hell were they thinking with such a weak ass finale.

Should have been an epic final battle.

He hit him in his weak spot, where Broly was stabbed when he was a baby

Enforced

Oct 26, 2017
Just one more week left! I can't wait! I'm thinking if I should watch it in XD or digital. The XD is bit expensive.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I can't friggin wait. Sean. Will. Deliver. He has the best lungs in the biz. No one has a roar like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.