• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sadly I won't be seeing the movie in theaters as the closest place is two hours away :( So I'll have to wait but looking forward to seeing it dubbed
Edit: correction the town over has it although that's 35 min away through mountain roads and snow and I don't know whether it's subbed or dubbed

Also while I got caught up on the sub, but I'm really enjoying the dub as it airs, I really have a hard time connecting when I can't understanding the language

On a different note, finally watching the infamous Dragonball evolution... and it was actually a pretty fun adventure movie even if it was a terrible Dragonball adaptation(well cept Yamcha who was spot on)... kinda makes you wonder how the super saiyan saga would unfold in that universe, but enough tangents for the moment

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of screams here's Caulifla going super saiyan English style.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of screams here's Caulifla going super saiyan English style.

At first I was like "man this sounds wack af" then she went HAAAAAAA! I said "oh shit!". They did a good job!!!!

I couldn't wait any longer and did a marathon of jp dub so I could watch ToP early, but I will probably rewatch select episodes in English soon.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
At first I was like "man this sounds wack af" then she went HAAAAAAA! I said "oh shit!". They did a good job!!!!

I couldn't wait any longer and did a marathon of jp dub so I could watch ToP early, but I will probably rewatch select episodes in English soon.
That's what I thought too, but whoever the VA is, they nailed Caulifla.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just got my IMAX ticket!!! It was stupid that they announced it so late, but luckily I was able to get a refund for my regular ticket pretty easy. Got better seats than I would have at my other showing too. So fuckin hype!!

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back from the movie! I enjoyed it! The theater was full and there are 5 other airings today, and the other theater also has 6 airings, so this small town in Chile showing its love for Dragon Ball lol.

Mario Castañeda, Rene Garcia and Gerardo Reyero continue to be the best Goku, Vegeta and Freezer. FIGHT ME.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back from the movie! I enjoyed it! The theater was full and there are 5 other airings today, and the other theater also has 6 airings, so this small town in Chile showing its love for Dragon Ball lol.

Mario Castañeda, Rene Garcia and Gerardo Reyero continue to be the best Goku, Vegeta and Freezer. FIGHT ME.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
American Goku doesn't shout ATATATATA when fighting, immediately a lesser Goku. Mario Castañeda does it, tho not as much as Masako Nozawa.
that's because he actually tries to make grunts that sound like his voice instead of trying to imitate bruce lee

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
Thank God the last games always have the option to the original audio, even mobile stuff like DB Legends.

We're forever doomed with great names like Tien and Hercule and most of the moves, but at least we have dual audio now.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
CinePlanet, a theater chain in Peru, says that Broly broke their presale ticket record. Previous record was Avengers Infinity War.

KillGore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
The movie was released today, here in Puerto Rico. We got the latin American dub, the english dub and the japanese dub with spanish sub. Some friends of mine just finished seeing it and they loved it.

I'll be going to see it saturday on imax (japanese version). Purchased the tickets last week. Can't wait!

Edit: Did they really just announced IMAX version yesterday in the US? They announced IMAX version last week here (including english version). Wish I would've known it wasn't yet announced for the US, and posted it here for you guys.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Broly is having a longer theater run here in the US. I could've swore that Resurrection F was only a couple days. Broly is in a dozen theaters here in Durham, NC, and for over a week.

MarKoNiO

Oct 28, 2017
I watched this movie yesterday. It was amazing.
Animation, plot, comedy on point.
Great movie.

Gohan ZERO screen time makes it even better.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Honest question, why even do this? It's the most thinly veiled bait and just makes you look like an asshole.
honestly i'm not surprised people do it because of all the complaining about Gohan not really being a thing in the movie....that's kind of obnoxious as well

Ifrit

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the movie with the latam dub, pretty awesome nice 2d animation, but there where times where they used 3d models and it look like they were lifted straight out of DBFighterz

Thankfully it was mostly 2D

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw this on Twitter. I have no stake in the Spanish dub, but I found it interesting. Might as well post it here.

Apparently, they made some changes to the script and added humor that people didn't like.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
so by the spanish version they mean the one dubbed in spanish for europe and not the latin american one right?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Never though of it being taken from El Chavo, I just think of it as being a pretty common phrase in Mexico
It was certainly popularized in plenty of Latam countries thanks to El Chavo, but it seems to simply be short for "Me doy por vencido". If it were a more "local" reference or an even darker one, then yeah I'd be somewhat mad, but this is seriously harmless.

Status
Not open for further replies.