• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2017
I can't ever respect someone who stans for Tien after DB....I mean maybe he was cool when he was handing out Kikohos to Cell but before and after he's had Ls after Ls

Like the time Nappa punched him so hard he lost a hand

Like the time a half torso Majin Buu bodied him with a single kick

Like the time Gohan snatched his soul in Super

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
At least since reading DB I can kinda identify specific traits about Tien that aren't just "nothing".

He wasn't much more in DB. He was just more arrogant and trash talked. It made more sense for him to be like that when he was one of the top dogs. How he is is DBZ is just his attitude adjusting appropriately to the fact that he's a lowly human amongst alien gods.

Their site's been fucked up the past few days.

So it's a loading issue or something?

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
I can't ever respect someone who stans for Tien after DB....I mean maybe he was cool when he was handing out Kikohos to Cell but before and after he's had Ls after Ls

Like the time Nappa punched him so hard he lost a hand

Like the time a half torso Majin Buu bodied him with a single kick

Like the time Gohan snatched his soul in Super
A dude named Julianstyles. He is a legit Tenshinhan fanboy, and just stans him and shits on Kuririn.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I could see Ray Chase fitting new Broly well, though I don't think he does much work for Funimation.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't have the desire to bash your head against a wall i would avoid any funimation related twitter accounts in the near future

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No character does anything braver or more (relatively) impressive than Tien holding Semi-Perfect Cell down.

The character does almost nothing else relevant post-DB, but that moment goes a long way.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
I will usually give Tien some props due to the pop off he did on cell so he doesn't get a much ire compared to everyone else but the bold is fucking asinine
It's just how it is. No issues with liking one and hating the other. If he actively shits on Kuririn and does everything in his power to undermine him.

Peeps are free to like Tenshinhan, but I just can't fathom using that much energy to stan Tenshinhan of all characters nowadays, especially after what they did to him over the last year.

Oct 25, 2017
It's just how it is. No issues with liking one and hating the other. If he actively shits on Kuririn and does everything in his power to undermine him.

Peeps are free to like Tenshinhan, but I just can't fathom using that much energy to stan Tenshinhan of all characters nowadays, especially after what they did to him over the last year.
Meh once ppl like a character they stick with it. Hell I got no solid reason to stan goten haven't had one since 200...when that Tarbell special come out? Ima still do it tho that's my boy. Even if Toriyama can't remember the literal copy of kid goku he made.....

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Krillin was braver cause he hit PERFECT Cell and didn't even move him, and then Krillin kept hitting him, cause he is super brave

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Who you drop lotus spill the deets

299421.jpg

C5mI45RWgAAjSEO.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why more people don't talk about this. After King Piccolo, he became such a nothing character.
Yea it always seems like people always held him up on a pedestal because he came from Dragon Ball. If I remember right most of his best character development came from the anime filler for starters.

It seems to me the franchise would be a heck of a lot better if they dropped some of the old guard and gave their roles to some of the new blood introduced in Super.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It seems to me the franchise would be a heck of a lot better if they dropped some of the old guard and gave their roles to some of the new blood introduced in Super.

Infinitely better

I still like Ochako...she still has potential

Meh, we'll see

Lmfao. Shit I spit out my drink from the first one

Lol she was the first example that came to mind

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
Uraraka from BnHA is ultra meh. She does have potential, but She don't see it being realized.

DB is a bit of unique situation. I find a character can be fun as hell in one saga, but boring as fuck in another.

Oct 27, 2017
They def should just replace the old cast if they're done with them after their main arc if it means these new side characters would get to contribute but they don't and they won't so here we are

*sigh*

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
As far as new characters go, I want more from Jiren and U6. When it comes to the old characters, I'd retire the humans and 18, and hell Boo if he's going to get shafted regardless. Piccolo could be made relevant again but he needs to not be a satellite character for Gohan. Goten and Trunks need to grow up and be given some focus to potentially make them interesting characters and just give them something more as characters.

I want more from the new characters, but I do think some old characters could see more use as well atm

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
They def should just replace the old cast if they're done with them after their main arc if it means these new side characters would get to contribute but they don't and they won't so here we are

*sigh*
!7, Kale, Caulifla and Hit were all featured supporting characters in the last arc. I don't see where this sigh comes from when the last time Super was around, you had new (or new-old in the case of 17) supporting characters in prominent roles.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
!7, Kale, Caulifla and Hit were all featured supporting characters in the last arc. I don't see where this sigh comes from when the last time Super was around, you had new (or new-old in the case of 17) supporting characters in prominent roles.

Do it outside of a tournament arc, and we'll talk

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah and the Tournament of Power was a good start but its like the only circumstance that would have worked in. I'm honestly not hopeful that trend will continue with that many relevant characters

Yeah this we can't have every arc be a tournament arc if we want other characters to matter

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
Ding! Ding! Ding! When I see Jiren, or Caulifla, or 17 be relevant in a non-tournament saga, I'll jump for joy.

Yeah and the Tournament of Power was a good start but its like the only circumstance that would have worked in. I'm honestly not hopeful that trend will continue with that many relevant characters

Yeah this we can't have every arc be a tournament arc if we want other characters to matter
You're right to not be hopeful given how this series functions. It's a safe bet that most of these characters are gonna get/conti us to get left in the dust outside very specific circumstances.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they give Jiren the W when the arc involving his villain comes around

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
You know, given how crazy popular Future Trunks is, it makes the kids staying the same age even weirder. I know he's not exactly the same, but adult present Trunks is still pretty similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.