• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

Finally! A few months later, sure, but that it's even coming at all is fantastic!! To ALL cinemas, no less! Not just in the big cities.

Also you can hear the new Goku and Freeza voices for Portugal. The previous actors aren't involved with this film nor the final episodes of the dub (ToP), for some reasons (legit don't know why). They seem alright. Goku sounds a bit young-ish, but a lot more energetic. Freeza is basically a carbon copy of the previous voice.

Oct 30, 2017
The idea that he's blocked SSJ transformations is neat, even if it's just absorbing energy. Would have been better if it had been a deliberate magic spell or something.

Besides his energy absorption and telekinesis... Moro doesn't seem like he's super strong? At best he's OG Freeza level, maybe a bit stronger. Given that he died before Buu was created/awakened by Bibidi, it makes perfect sense that the Gods of Creation would try to handle him like they did Buu eventually.

An enjoyable chapter but if this battle lasts for more than half the next chapter it'll start to drag.
How are you coming to that conclusion?
His old, weakened, starved self has SSG Vegeta on the ropes by borrowing planet energy for his attacks. That's pretty much Moro's bread and butter.

He also battled Daikaioh who is stronger than Freeza. Supreme Kai is significantly stronger than Freeza, too.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
His old, weakened, starved self has SSG Vegeta on the ropes by borrowing planet energy for his attacks. That's pretty much Moro's bread and butter.

He also battled Daikaioh who is stronger than Freeza. Supreme Kai is significantly stronger than Freeza, too.

Yeah, I remember hearing Shin described as "about as strong as Perfect Cell" and "between Super Saiyan 1 and 2". Moro would probably be around Super Saiyan 2 at least, right?

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México

I interpreted his fight against SSG Vegeta less as having Vegeta "on the ropes" and more as Vegeta not being able to land a solid hit on him and then Vegeta selling his attacks to make him overconfident and tell him his plans.

But my point was, Moro isn't this "huge threat" unknown to all. He's been locked up, probably before Shin was even a cardinal Kaioshin. He's still probably weaker than the Saiyans' God forms. He's been locked up for so long, there's no reason for him to come up. Yeah, sure it comes from nowhere, but I don't see the big issue that a bunch of people where complaining about it not making sense he existed.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
I like that Moro leans more to the Shonen tropes of "peculiar skill" a la Hunter X Hunter instead of keeping that power-level-escalation that DB is famous for.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Yeah, and next episode it's probably going to be Cumber vs Jiren!! Can't wait to see Kefla and Zamassu in action as well.

I would love it if they adapted these arcs into movies with a higher budget.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
My parents Chihuahua lol

FPHksUe.png

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how people can be excited for Heroes episodes when they trim all the plot of the game out and the fights aren't even any good.
Did Toriyama not like Cell? Besides a few flashbacks he was like the only villain who was snubbed from Super. lol
It's more that Cell just isn't very popular in Japan.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how people can be excited for Heroes episodes when they trim all the plot of the game out and the fights aren't even any good.

I don't get it either man lol. Some conceptual things about it are interesting, but no part of the execution is good. If it did actually have good fights I'd be so down.

Last edited:

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Because it's the only thing we got outside of the fugly manga and it's still 10 enjoyable minutes.

By the way, I'm weak. I bought the Gogeta ssj4 / heroes Vegeto blue Banpresto figures during my lunch break, and I was so impressed that I bought 5 more on ebay in the evening. I'm probably going to want to get most of them, help me.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Because it's the only thing we got outside of the fugly manga and it's still 10 enjoyable minutes.

By the way, I'm weak. I bought the Gogeta ssj4 / heroes Vegeto blue Banpresto figures during my lunch break, and I was so impressed that I bought 5 more on ebay in the evening. I'm probably going to want to get most of them, help me.
The Heroes manga has a lot more interesting writing and action, despite looking jank. It also cuts way less of the story.
I just find myself bored when I watch the Heroes anime.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Yeah I know, I bought the first two mangas. I really wish each of those small arcs was adapted in some kind of one hour and a half long movie. The pacing would be fine and they could include all the missing things. Maybe someday...

Dagobert Duck

Oct 28, 2017
So I just read the manga chapter...and well its something...

I sure thing Vegeta is going to die, because Moro can suck life energy and use it against you, but when you are dead, you should be able to withstand that, shouldnt you? So Vegeta dies, comes back with a halo, beats the leaving shit out of moro and kills him, just to realize that he cant be resurrected, as he was already resurrected on earth (or does the counter doesnt count anymore?) and the namekians balls has been used up by moro. Next up, interuniversal search for the dragon ball, to ressurect Vegeta, with some new badie (Chiampa) trying to find all the super dragon balls too...

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I don't get it either man lol. Some conceptual things about it are interesting, but no part of the execution is good. If it did actually have good fights I'd be so down.

I think it just shows how thirsty people are for more Super with the universal cast.

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Need more of the U6 saiyans Hit and Pride troopers....also Bota Magetta's excellent adventure

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Jiren and Toppo were like 'we'll beat them next time' after they were revived at the end of the ToP. I don't think they'll be dropped. U6 is connected to Champa and him being Beerus' brother seems like it could make a pretty good chance that they'll at least make an appearance in some way.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
reminder that Caulifla and Kale were second only to the universe 11 main 3 and they only existed because Toei wanted to make Kale

Oct 27, 2017
So, toriyama didn't think of doing SSJ3 until after Vegeta and Goku's fight, right? He was really adamant about him being the same level as Vegeta until the chapter where he's like "gotcha!". I'm actually way stronger than Vegeta. Lol.

It probably wasn't planned until after the fight they had.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Google tells me his name is Zalama, I don't know where that names comes from though. I can't remember where if it was mentioned in the Anime or in the Manga.
It was mentioned in both.
So, toriyama didn't think of doing SSJ3 until after Vegeta and Goku's fight, right? He was really adamant about him being the same level as Vegeta until the chapter where he's like "gotcha!". I'm actually way stronger than Vegeta. Lol.

It probably wasn't planned until after the fight they had.
Toriyama rarely planned things out in the manga.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
looking back, the creation of the ssj3 design made no sense at all given what we know about toriyama. the whole point of ssj was to make the manga easier to draw. today, that legacy continues with the new forms being ssj/base form recolors... which are easy to draw, and easy to repaint and sell as multiple different toys. like these transformations exist solely to make things easier and cheaper in every way possible.

i-img1161x902-1545357601nkdyxw575359.jpg

f96ca3e38b468d8dee3dcmzjl9.jpg

ssj3 is completely contrary to this philosophy, as well as ssj4. i'm shocked toriyama at one point thought "this form needs to look crazy. i'm gonna draw a shitload of hair for this."

we ain't never getting that again.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
looking back, the creation of the ssj3 design made no sense at all given what we know about toriyama. the whole point of ssj was to make the manga easier to draw. today, that legacy continues with the new forms being ssj/base form recolors... which are easy to draw, and easy to repaint and sell as multiple different toys. like these transformations exist solely to make things easier and cheaper in every way possible.

i-img1161x902-1545357601nkdyxw575359.jpg

f96ca3e38b468d8dee3dcmzjl9.jpg

ssj3 is completely contrary to this philosophy, as well as ssj4. i'm shocked toriyama at one point thought "this form needs to look crazy. i'm gonna draw a shitload of hair for this."

we ain't never getting that again.
I know some fans theorize he did it as a joke. It is at the very least a lot more simple than SSJ4.

How far along is the manga after the show ended?
It's only 3 chapters into an arc that takes place after the ToP.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
what's the over under on Moro being finished off by june
Depends entirely on the direction the story goes. If they are just gonna fight him on Namek and the arc goes nowhere else then possibly, but if this is just the start and they go other places maybe not.
If the anime retells Broly that also gives Toyo more time, assuming he needs to be on the next arc alongside the anime.
Also if the anime does it's own version of the Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc that would give him even more time, though probably only a few more chapters.
There's also the possibility that the anime doesn't come back till October, or even January or April of 2020, which would also give him more time.

Last edited:

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Is it wrong that I think Yuki Hayashi's cut from Broly vs Gogeta is the best dragonball has ever looked? His art style works sooooo good for DBZ. So glad he was allowed to go completely off model.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
Is it wrong that I think Yuki Hayashi's cut from Broly vs Gogeta is the best dragonball has ever looked? His art style works sooooo good for DBZ. So glad he was allowed to go completely off model.
Not at all. Where some feel like Takahashi in the Vegeta v. Broly fight was the best, I beg to differ. I far preferred Onishi and Hayashi in the other fights.

Doesn't hurt that I don't find Goku and Gogeta boring as fuck like Vegeta.

Status
Not open for further replies.