• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
That's precisely reason to be salty, they should have someone more talented doing it and the schedule is better than a weekly manga so a more skilled person could do so much more than what Toyotaro does.
It's like the reverse of the Super anime, for the anime the talent was there, the time just wasn't, for the manga the time is there but the talent isn't.
I agree with the first part, but a monthly manga as an adaptation of a weekly anime means that some stuff must be rushed through pretty quickly, which much of the criticism comes from imo.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
But he's drawing it, so tough shit. Maybe instead of constantly, constantly complaining about another persons lack of talent, complain about Toriyama choosing him for that position if it's so bad.

Criticizing work is one thing, but insulting people online because you dislike their work looks like the most childish and annoying thing I could think of right now.

This a lotta bitching about folks complaining. I'm not gonna cut the guy slack for his work not being up to par. Toriyama or no Toriyama. I ain't insult the guy family. I ain't call him ugly. I see no reason to curtail myself calling him a sham of an artist if his art aint to snuff.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
This a lotta bitching about folks complaining. I'm not gonna cut the guy slack for his work not being up to par. Toriyama or no Toriyama. I ain't insult the guy family. I ain't call him ugly. I see no reason to curtail myself calling him a sham of an artist if his art aint to snuff.
Well the last few pages was very much of that complaining. And if you can't understand the problem with your last sentence, then I guess do whatever you want.

Don't try and police what people shit on
They're welcome to shit on other people for those reasons, and I'm welcome to call them annoying for it, thank you very much.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Directly attacking Toyo is fucked up. It doesn't matter how bad something is, no one should be threatened, or attacked in any capacity over it. I agree that's bad, but I haven't seen anyone do that on era.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like why should I give this guy a break when he has less pressure than contemporaries and has to worry minimally about the story beats since he has a guide from jump street.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the first part, but a monthly manga as an adaptation of a weekly anime means that some stuff must be rushed through pretty quickly, which much of the criticism comes from imo.
It's not an adaptation of the anime, it's its own thing based on Toriyama's outlines that doesn't care about the anime's events or pacing.
And this isn't a pacing issue anyways.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Serious doubt there. It seems to me like the manga is at least not supposed to fall behind extremely, otherwise I imagine things people were missing like pre-tournament chapters for several characters would be in there.
The ToP was already a few episodes in when the Future Trunks arc ended.
The final fight with Zamasu could have been done way sooner than it was.

Apr 16, 2018
I can't believe how salty y'all are because of a monthly manga adaptation of a weekly anime show drawn by an manga artist who has worked professionally only a few years and only drawn fan art before that.
Have you read it?

There's almost zero characterization for anyone not Goku. Everyone else just stands around and gets pummeled.

Not to mention how it's not cool or exciting at all. The fights are boring to read and the main thing folks complain about in DBZ - characters not named Goku not getting to do much - is amplified even worse in the manga.

It's just not good.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Why was Goku fighting Dyspo and Toppo in SSJ?

If you want Goku to conserve stamina, don't make him fight Toppo and Dyspo.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Have you read it?

There's almost zero characterization for anyone not Goku. Everyone else just stands around and gets pummeled.

Not to mention how it's not cool or exciting at all. The fights are boring to read and the main thing folks complain about in DBZ - characters not named Goku not getting to do much - is amplified even worse in the manga.

It's just not good.
Yes I have. And yes, I agree with most criticisms I have read.

Doesn't mean comments about the guy not even being a real mangaka or artist or similar stuff look any less dumb to me.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I just wanted some version of Hit to still have a soul :(

FighterZ Hit is the last hope, he must stay high tier.

Apr 16, 2018
Yes I have. And yes, I agree with most criticisms I have read.

Doesn't mean comments about the guy not even being a real mangaka or artist or similar stuff look any less dumb to me.
His paneling is nowhere near as good as the mangaka he's succeeding.

He's a real artist, but his work is amateurish at best compared to the artist he's taking the reigns from.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Goku is a nothing character in the manga, come on now. He's been out of character for a while but this chapter really drove that point home.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Goku is a nothing character in the manga, come on now. He's been out of character for a while but this chapter really drove that point home.
I'm just imagining Goku doing this against Raditz.

"Nah Piccolo, I'll sit out while you charge your attack. I want to get stronger, and beat Raditz on my own."

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That's actually a good reason to be salty, they should have someone more talented doing it and the schedule is better than a weekly manga so a more skilled person could do so much more than what Toyotaro does.
It's like the reverse of the Super anime, for the anime the talent was there, the time just wasn't, for the manga the time is there but the talent isn't.
It's a V-Jump manga. There's no way it'd ever have a big name working on it. And the sales of the manga actually growing through these early volumes likely solidified his position there anyway. Even if they moved it to Shounen Jump at some point, I'd guess Toyotaro would stay as the artist at this point.

Have you read it?

It's just not good.

Eh, people focused on Trunks' relatively smaller role in the manga, but Shin and even Kibito got some good moments before the final battle, and in spite of the lack of power up Trunks still got various moments throughout, even if his role was smaller than in the anime... which just makes Kuririn's and Tenshinhan's treatment in this arc all the more baffling.

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't know what toyotaro is thinking with that Gokus never hesitated to team up against someone if he thought he needed to

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
How is that out of character for Goku, he's done the same with Cell, Buu, and Freeza in RoF.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Goku has left villains/antagonists for people who he felt had the capacity to beat them.

Goku knew damn well he and Hit couldn't beat Jiren solo

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
My only issue with Goku refusing to team up is that.....he already was teaming up with Hit. Like just keep doing what you were doing you dick. Toyo should have just had him refuse from the start.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Imagine goku saying that during the final battle with jiren
hqdefault.jpg

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Goku has left villains/antagonists for people who he felt had the capacity to beat them.

Goku knew damn well he and Hit couldn't beat Jiren solo
But he believes he can do it alone later in the tournament.

And he also didn't know what Hits trick was, and even when Hit pulled it, he only noticed Jiren pretending pretty late.

Oct 27, 2017
Real shit imagine during the Kid Buu fight when Vegeta was stalling for the spirit bomb, Goku just stops charging and floats off to the side like "Nah I wanna beat Buu by myself, you go ahead Vegeta"

While Vegeta gets the shit kicked out of him and bleeds out everywhere clearly unable to win

My only issue with Goku refusing to team up is that.....he already was teaming up with Hit. Like just keep doing what you were doing you dick. Toyo should have just had him refuse from the start.

Exactly this would have been way better lmao

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Goku gets UI in the manga because reasons like maybe he thinks about how disappointed he was with gohan going to that conference or some other asshole reason....toyo Goku is an asshole

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
He's going to get it at the very end and it's going to suck shit and the same people complaining he got it twice earlier in the anime are going to complain how the manga did it worse
maybe UI just sucks
Goku gets UI in the manga because reasons like maybe he thinks about how disappointed he was with gohan going to that conference or some other asshole reason....toyo Goku is an asshole
lmao

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
How is that out of character for Goku, he's done the same with Cell, Buu, and Freeza in RoF.
He did not do that with Cell.

With Buu he believed he could win due to SSJ3, a form he currrently had.

With Frieza he believed he could win due to SSB, a form he currently had

If Goku thinks he can beat Jiren by himself after jobbing to him with his strongest form, then I am very concerned for Goku's mental state.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
In the manga, Goku was asking Whis to teach him UI already this arc. He knows what he's looking for.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Up until Goku bounced from the fight, I was getting insane Raditz fight flashbacks.

I thought Hit was going to charge up his attack while Goku distracted Jiren. I was mad hyped for that.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Takahashi somehow is able to make SS3 not look terrible. Do his talents know no limits?

Status
Not open for further replies.