• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| The waiting game

Nov 7, 2017
this is better writing than in all of Dragon Ball Super.
Nah. Like, where's the plot, aside from a new super strong villain just appearing early on and beating down Goku and Vegeta. It's straight up just a brawl.

And what world building? Moro facing a Kai in the past is pretty insignificant in terms of world building. The rest of Super further defined the universe of DB, through a pantheon of Gods and the varying universes and hierarchies. Toyo has just introduced a strong guy who fought a Kai in the past and was imprisoned.

Oct 25, 2017
Toyotarō just gets Dragon Ball Z. You can mock Roshi's use of Ultra Instinct, or Goku's attempt at using Haikai, but I support it all. Zamasu actually using Kai techniques like object materialisation and teleportation, Vegeta creating another goofy attack - it all comes across as someone who really understands the world and characters.

This Moro character is great too. Actually finding a new kind of threat, multiple new attacks that aren't just beams, bizzarely solid world building - this is better writing than in all of Dragon Ball Super.
Disagree with nearly everything you've said.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Like, where's the plot, aside from a new super strong villain just appearing early on and beating down Goku and Vegeta. It's straight up just a brawl.

And what world building? Moro facing a Kai in the past is pretty insignificant in terms of world building. The rest of Super further defined the universe of DB, through a pantheon of Gods and the varying universes and hierarchies. Toyo has just introduced a strong guy who fought a Kai in the past and was imprisoned.
When it comes to world building I'm mainly talking about the Galactic Patrol as an organization. Even the Namekian's way of strengthening warriors (suggested in the ToP arc, but shown in a really great visual way in the manga arc).

When I say writing in general I think Moro is a compelling threat. It's an interesting challenge to pose to the characters, instead of one where more power is the obvious solution. It also helps that the character is attacking with energy in a novel way.

Dec 5, 2018
Toyotarō just gets Dragon Ball Z. You can mock Roshi's use of Ultra Instinct, or Goku's attempt at using Haikai, but I support it all. Zamasu actually using Kai techniques like object materialisation and teleportation, Vegeta creating another goofy attack - it all comes across as someone who really understands the world and characters.

This Moro character is great too. Actually finding a new kind of threat, multiple new attacks that aren't just beams, bizzarely solid world building - this is better writing than in all of Dragon Ball Super.
is this parody? What world building?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Shintani's style is already heavily based on Toriyama's manga, from Namek all the way to Buu. So yes, they are continuing the style of the movie.

Last edited: