• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Wait, Toppo also got bodied in this new hero super show? Offscreen too? God damn, let the fat man catch a break.

How's the prince doing though? Bless Geets

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Manga leaks
Buu is on Namek and fucking up Moro hard. Hell yeah.
Wait, Toppo also got bodied in this new hero super show? Offscreen too? God damn, let the fat man catch a break.

How's the prince doing though? Bless Geets
In the game Toppo actually had a fight. He went GoD and fought Zamasu, but ultimately lost.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
tumblr_p5rrmlcwYa1ujn35ko2_500.gif
Lmao

Enforced

Oct 26, 2017
Manga spoiler
nice to see Buu do something after the tournament. I hope nothing bad happen to him in the future.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
It's been really nice getting a ton of dialog and different scenes during this arc. Makes the monthly wait worth it compared to the Tournament of Power where it felt like a rush to the end.

Buu battling Moro is so nice. Feels like Gohan where toei gave subtle hints of his return to fighting over and over and when he finally did it was really nice.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I'm still rather liking this arc
Seeing Buu in action for once is a treat. Same with Vegeta earnestly wanting to repent for his crimes, which is an awesome character moment for him.

Cranberry is totally going to grab the last dragonball for Moro while everyone is busy watching the fight, isn't he? No way does this arc just end with Buu saving the day like that.

Prison_mike

Oct 26, 2017
New chapter thoughts

Damn, I'm really liking this!!! So glad to see Buu back and being awesome. Totally thought that frame of Goku and Vegeta back to back was meaning they were going to fuse.. Glad they didn't now. More Buu please!

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
About the new manga chapter

Buu kicking Moro's ass kind of doesn't make sense considering the boost of energy he got from Goku and Vegeta. But I would be lying if I say it doesn't make for an awesome moment. Buu being in the spotlight again is way overdue. And props to Toyo for once in improving his paneling more in this arc.

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This arc has been great, best db stuff in a long time

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure I missed or forgetting something cause I have no idea how they got the kai's memories to come forth from Buu.

Nov 7, 2017
Just caught up with the manga...If Toyo really did come up with the story then holy shit. This arc is actually....pretty good???

Can't wait for the eventual anime adaptation

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure I missed or forgetting something cause I have no idea how they got the kai's memories to come forth from Buu.
There's one line from Jaco saying they used a hypnotist or something. I doubt they'll delve into it more than that.

Here's a (far-fetched) thought: Maybe they'll reveal a hidden power that was dormant in Buu all along, thus making Goku's desire to fight his reincarnation (in EoZ) slightly more reasonable (considering how he met much more powerful foes since).

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
There's one line from Jaco saying they used a hypnotist or something. I doubt they'll delve into it more than that.

Here's a (far-fetched) thought: Maybe they'll reveal a hidden power that was dormant in Buu all along, thus making Goku's desire to fight his reincarnation (in EoZ) slightly more reasonable (considering how he met much more powerful foes since).
Why are people still confused by this? Goku doesn't just want to fight Uub, he wants to train him to make him a powerful fighter. Uub has the power of Buu, which means he has insane potential, more than even Freeza. Uub could become the strongest warrior on Earth.
Uub was far weaker than Goku in the original context as well, it's his insane potential that is the big deal.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
About the new manga chapter

Buu kicking Moro's ass kind of doesn't make sense considering the boost of energy he got from Goku and Vegeta. But I would be lying if I say it doesn't make for an awesome moment. Buu being in the spotlight again is way overdue. And props to Toyo for once in improving his paneling more in this arc.
My headcanon is Buu can still attack/hit him and he'll feel the effect even if Moro might be technically more powerful. Moro put a hole in Buus chest but he just regenerated it anyway. It's kind of interesting to see Moro possibly faced with a similar hurdle to Goku and Vegeta in that he might not be able to brute force his way through Buu with him just regenerating.

Also I guess Buu may have gotten a powerup with his Kaioshin memories, the way Buu was framed powering up seemed that way to me.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Dumb question: Did we get any song at all by Hironobu Kageyama during Super? I don't think so, right? I'd be cool to have an intro or ending song by him in the new show. His voice is kind of a part of the whole DB lore for me at this point haha I think he also did a bunch for the Dragon Ball games too.

Though I suppose with him now being on a different label, Toei won't bother.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I recently read a comment about toyo saying in some interview that he was getting a lot of praise from tori for this arc? I vaguely remember seeing something like that before in the past too. If that's true, I'd guess that means this has less of a tori hand then usual? Or at least no more extra than before.

Dec 28, 2018
Well that was easily the best chapter so far. It's so refreshing to have characters not named Goku and Vegeta getting stuff done. Surprised at how one sided Buu vs Moro was but it was great nonetheless, always happy to see Buu in action. And while I don't really care for how Toyo tends to characterize the characters, I do like what he's been doing with Vegeta and how's been handing his guilt over what he did to the Namekians.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Not gonna lie, I am bit annoyed about Manga.

Buu can only get screentime when Toriyama isn't writing. Bah.
It is neat to see Buu being useful due to his magic nature, which seems to explain why Buu is doing better than Goku & Vegeta.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized, so the manga says that someone killed by a demon can't be brought back to life without the Super Dragon Balls, but in Z Kibito is killed by Dabura and brought back with the Dragon Balls. If they intend to go anywhere with that whole bit about being killed by a demon they're going to have to say Dabura isn't actually a demon.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized, so the manga says that someone killed by a demon can't be brought back to life without the Super Dragon Balls, but in Z Kibito is killed by Dabura and brought back with the Dragon Balls. If they intend to go anywhere with that whole bit about being killed by a demon they're going to have to say Dabura isn't actually a demon.

Maybe Dabura is actually a Makai?

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
On the flipside, does anyone that can't beat an out of shape Gohan even deserve to be called a demon? :v

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
I'm getting to the point where i want to see Dragon Ball Super wrapped up. Maybe just two more adventures (preferably movies) and little post-Z content.

The quality just isn't good. And i want it to end before I'm burnt out like I got in 2010.

I want to see Toriyama end it on a high note and on his terms while he and masako nozawa are still alive.

Last edited:

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I'm getting to the point where i want to see Dragon Ball Super wrapped up. Maybe just two more adventures (preferably movies) and little post-Z content.

The quality just isn't good. And i want it to end before I'm burnt out like I got in 2010.

I want to see Toriyama end it on a high note and on his terms while he and masako nozawa are still alive.
err what, the show is just on the verge of returning and hasn't been on for awhile. What's 2010 got to do with anything?

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017

Fair opinion. But they've already went on a break and have been taking a break with the anime since 2016 as well. If anything it's clearly not going to stop though because DB is as big as ever again.

I don't think the quality of the series was ever good to me personally overall but it's mindless fun for me.