• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth.
Ally to good! Nightmare to you!"
I see they screwed up Gokus characterization.

lmao
Lol way worse. These are just simple mistakes from a rough simuldub schedule. It will get fixed for the blu-ray releases, so not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. OG DBZ had intentional script changes that completely changed the story or characterizations and they didn't even make sense half the time.
I think they were just trying to turn Goku into Superman.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully it gets fixed in the blu-rays. Probably just something no one noticed, but definitely a big mixup.

And on the topic of the manga spoilers
I'm absolutely loving this arc. I'm so so curious about what Moros 3rd wish was, adds a ton of mystery to it. Can't wait to see how Buu/The Grand Supreme Kai along with Goku and Vegeta battle Moro together. Really makes me hope that the anime is coming back in July, because it's tough waiting monthly for new stuff when this has been extremely fun to follow.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol way worse. These are just simple mistakes from a rough simuldub schedule. It will get fixed for the blu-ray releases, so not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. OG DBZ had intentional script changes that completely changed the story or characterizations and they didn't even make sense half the time.
I don't care. Don't fuck these things up in the first place

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Its does the give the dub a vibe of total indifference when they get stuff like that wrong. The dubbed song is just them having terrible taste.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a simuldub.
Super's dub has a lot of intentional changes that mess with characterization too. It's nowhere near as bad as Z, mind you, but it's still not great.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a simuldub.
Super's dub has a lot of intentional changes that mess with characterization too. It's nowhere near as bad as Z, mind you, but it's still not great.

As far as the schedule goes it practically is. They pretty much started dubbing it as soon as they got the materials for it, and it started airing shortly after. We already know the episodes are coming in very hot because we often don't even get episode previews because they aren't finished yet.

They definitely didn't get much room ahead of time before it started airing on Toonami.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
As far as the schedule goes it practically is. They pretty much started dubbing it as soon as they got the materials for it, and it started airing shortly after. We already know the episodes are coming in very hot because we often don't even get episode previews because they aren't finished yet.

They definitely didn't get much room ahead of time before it started airing on Toonami.
They're actually about a month ahead of airing, that's a lot more than a simuldub. And that's just the voice acting.
That and they have subtitles from over a year ago for reference.

Last edited:

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I just wish the dub was better. I'd love to be able to say something like "watch either the sub or dub, both are great" instead of having a list of caveats to go with the second. Oh well.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
New manga chapter is out, and well...

download.png

Fucking LOL

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I really really hope this arcs animated. I don't doubt that it will be, but it'd be a real shame to have all these exciting potentional fight scenes in the new artstyle missed out on.

I still think this arc's got awhile to go especially with us not knowing what the last wish is. I'd love him making a wish that puts him into conflict with Freezas interests/his army so he's put in a situation where he has to be a outside force trying to fight against Moro because it's in his interests.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Another good chapter, but there are two things I don't get. Porunga should have disappeared when Cranberry killed the elder and I have no idea where Goku is going since he said he can't sense Moro anymore.

Dec 28, 2018
Even though the Moro vs Boo fight was a one sided beat down I really liked it. It's just so nice to see a character not named Goku or Vegeta getting so much shine in a main fight. Also have to give props to Toyotaro for how creative he was with this fight as he tends to be rather lacking in that regard. And I can't see this arc ending so soon with Moro's magical powers being fully restored and the mystery now surrounding what his third wish could be. Another good chapter and I gotta say that this arc so far is shaping up to be one of my favourites in Super.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I freaking called Cranberry screwing everything up by summoning Porunga.

Great chapter though. The constant back-and-forth between a potential solution to beating the bad guy appearing only for shit to escalate is right in line with that I would expect from Dragon Ball. Toyo really is doing a great job managing this arc.

Going forward, I can't quite put my finger on what I expect Moro's other wish to be. Immortality would be too simple (and a Zamasu retread) and there's not much else I could think of that a bad guy like Moro could want. Maybe he has a friend that's dead/sealed away and Moro wanted to bring them back? In that case, it could be used as set-up for a future arc, and maybe it would even tie back in to the multiverse.
Another good chapter, but there are two things I don't get. Porunga should have disappeared when Cranberry killed the elder and I have no idea where Goku is going since he said he can't sense Moro anymore.
He's probably going back to Earth to stock up on Senzu Beans. And if that's the case, i'd be really neat if Goku decided to grab Piccolo while he's there, which would make sense considering that Piccolo should still be on the lookout with Dende. Maybe he would be able to help locate Moro somehow.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have no idea what Moro's other wish could be, he didn't really allude to wanting anything else other than his full magic powers back. Hopefully it's a cool reveal.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
It's possible that Moro just wished for immortality after seeing Buu's regeneration ability.

I wonder whether Moro knows about the existence of Destroyer, Angels and Zeno.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I wonder if the third wish will end up being totally comedic. I kinda hope it is.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Moro asked the Dragon to find the strongest mortal in the multiverse and put evil in his heart, then have him join him as his new henchman. Goku vs Jiren round 2.0

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just let each medium go their complete own way. I think that Toyo does better without having those planned arcs in his back. Manga is great currently and I really enjoy it now.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I really really hope this arcs animated. I don't doubt that it will be, but it'd be a real shame to have all these exciting potentional fight scenes in the new artstyle missed out on.

I still think this arc's got awhile to go especially with us not knowing what the last wish is. I'd love him making a wish that puts him into conflict with Freezas interests/his army so he's put in a situation where he has to be a outside force trying to fight against Moro because it's in his interests.

Do you want Frieza to get bodied again?