• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
You can sit me down, but I'll still be taller than Goten and Trunks
Yooooo I'm going home
MassiveObviousIndianelephant-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I mean you could cut the majority of the beginning of the arc and it would function just fine. The while hype behind Moro's secret wish had one of the worst payoffs in the entire series.
The reveal wasn't super hype nor was it very well built up, but what he wish actually was has made the arc far more interesting in the long run.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When it return I want the story arc to be these:
1)Broly (remastered version of the movie)
2)Android 21 (remastered version from the game)
3)Moro (from the comic)
4)world martial art tournament on Earth + Uub introduction & joining main cast (original story)
5)Universe 6 Salada adventure (original story, Goku will join late into the arc as he's training Uub)
6)Broly return (original story)
7)Some storyline involving a rematch between Goku and Jiren and the other universes (original story)

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Really hope they don't do Broly, the film already under the Super umbrella it's pointless.

Nah, there was a huge amount of the script cut for time and the movie as is doesn't match up perfectly to the series, more to the manga (or, really, to Toriyama's outline). A retelling could be worthwhile if done properly - at worst we just have to wait a little longer for the new stuff.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
3)Moro (from the comic)
4)world martial art tournament on Earth + Uub introduction & joining main cast (original story)
5)Universe 6 Salada adventure (original story, Goku will join late into the arc as he's training Uub)
7)Some storyline involving a rematch between Goku and Jiren and the other universes (original story)
8) Zamasu returns baby.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
3)Moro (from the comic)
1) Retelling Broly is pointless, the main draw was the animation and you're not getting that in a TV serial.
2) Keep game characters in the games.
3) Moro is dreadfully boring and worse than most Z movie villains, why would you want that?
4) We already have that, Toriyama doesn't seem to want to move past it so everything happens in-between as side stories.
5) No point in this, we already saw the best U6 had to offer and they're scrubs.
6) Broly is shoved away from Earth for good reason. Bringing back would just take away from the rest of the cast, or he'd have to be heavily nerfed.
7) Maybe as one-off cameos but the ToP established the multiverse is full of fodder and Jiren's story closed with the original DBS.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Nah, there was a huge amount of the script cut for time and the movie as is doesn't match up perfectly to the series, more to the manga (or, really, to Toriyama's outline). A retelling could be worthwhile if done properly - at worst we just have to wait a little longer for the new stuff.
There is a misconception surrounding this. Originally Toriyama's submitted script was too short so they (Shueisha/Toei) added more to it. That script was then parsed out into a storyboard that ended up being three hours. They cut from there but from what we know it was pointless little things like Vegeta fighting Raditz.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
1) Retelling Broly is pointless, the main draw was the animation and you're not getting that in a TV serial.
3) Moro is dreadfully boring and worse than most Z movie villains, why would you want that?
4) We already have that, Toriyama doesn't seem to want to move past it so everything happens in-between as side stories.
5) No point in this, we already saw the best U6 had to offer and they're scrubs.
6) Broly is shoved away from Earth for good reason. Bringing back would just take away from the rest of the cast, or he'd have to be heavily nerfed.
7) Maybe as one-off cameos but the ToP established the multiverse is full of fodder and Jiren's story closed with the original DBS.
lol maybe people just like the U6 saiyans and want to see more of them, also let's not forget Cabba has been a super saiyan for all of a year and Caulifla and Kale were super saiyans for less than a week

way too early to write them off as scrubs

Oct 25, 2017
For years I watched as everyone said goten and trunks don't need to be focused on cuz that's too many saiyans only for an entire universe of em to be created. Ya hate to see it

Cabba amazing

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So when does the show come back? Broly was so hype I expected them to try and capitalize off that at some point in 2019, but still nothing.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
There is a misconception surrounding this. Originally Toriyama's submitted script was too short so they (Shueisha/Toei) added more to it. That script was then parsed out into a storyboard that ended up being three hours. They cut from there but from what we know it was pointless little things like Vegeta fighting Raditz.

Thanks for the details, I didn't know about this.

Though you appear to have mistaken me for someone who doesn't want Vegeta V Raditz: Dawn of Ass-Beatings.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
There's four whole universes of characters we never even got to see. Then there's the fact that there's enough wiggle room in 17's wish lacking specificity that the other four universes deleted prior to TOP could be revived, and who knows what kind of power creep they could manifest knowing that they were removed from existence for a bit.

Hell, that could lay the groundwork for a real version of the "Kill Zeno" plot from the Heroes anime.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the logic of not to focus on U6 saiyans because they're "scrubs", when that's not even true, considering Kale can go up against SSG Goku. But either way, not focusing on characters because they're too weak would just add more problems to ragon Ball taking power levels too seriously, and sidelining characters becasue of power levels.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
I don't get the logic of not to focus on U6 saiyans because they're "scrubs", when that's not even true, considering Kale can go up against SSG Goku. But either way, not focusing on characters because they're too weak would just add more problems to ragon Ball taking power levels too seriously, and sidelining characters becasue of power levels.
U6 characters have their own universe to be in. People wanting them to join the main cast were just living a pipe dream.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

If we talking scrubs, everybody aside from Goku and Vegeta may as well be one lol

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
If we talking scrubs, everybody aside from Goku and Vegeta may as well be one lol
That's the idea tho lol given that modern DB largely focuses on them.

Relative to how strong Goku and Vegeta actually are and the major opponents they face, the Saiyan girls are in fact "scrubs". Doesn't mean they shouldn't get focus nor do I think their power levels are necessarily the reason for why they would or would not get more focus. I do however simply have no reason to believe they'll end up being as important as some might hope they'll be when other Saiyan characters (and other popular characters in general) struggle to get meaningful screentime as well.

Like you got a dude like Gohan who can go most of DBS being irrelevant to come back in the ToP and then get sidelined immediately into the next arc with no real mention of him. Goten and Trunks remain shelved since they got absorbed by Boo.

Piccolo gets occasional moments but largely needs to Gohan around to get some significance.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
That's the idea tho lol given that modern DB largely focuses on them.

Relative to how strong Goku and Vegeta actually are and the major opponents they face, the Saiyan girls are in fact "scrubs". Doesn't mean they shouldn't get focus nor do I think their power levels are necessarily the reason for why they would or would not get more focus. I do however simply have no reason to believe they'll end up being as important as some might hope they'll be when other Saiyan characters (and other popular characters in general) struggle to get meaningful screentime as well.

Like you got a dude like Gohan who can go most of DBS being irrelevant to come back in the ToP and then get sidelined immediately into the next arc with no real mention of him. Goten and Trunks remain shelved since they got absorbed by Boo.

Piccolo gets occasional moments but largely needs to Gohan around to get some significance.
well I wouldn't expect them to show up every arc, but I'd like them to show up occasionally and be a big part of the arcs they're in