• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching Kai and Gotenks is the worst thing about buu saga. They saw chichi die and they still play around after that. Makes no damn sense.

hey everyone has their own way of coping with tragedy

some people are sad

some people are angry

some people turn the murderer of their mother into a volleyball and play around with it for a half hour

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Join me in my unholy ritual to get us to EoZ.

The blood sacrifice comes next, any volunteers?

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I always pictured Frieza as some angsty teenager, only with the power to rule over a universe. lol

Oh yeah, I still knew Krillin would probably be the first one out, I just thought with his smarts and training he would be more like an assist button for Goku, Gohan, or 18 like in FighterZ using his Solar Flare or something more often at crucial times

I would've loved to see Krillin pull a Solar Flare on Jiren. Especially if Jiren initially mistook it for a normal energy attack, tried to do his eye deflection thing, and took a full 100x Solar Flare right in the open eyes.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
53292222_10158760743531840_7655766642340659200_n.jpg

The smile on Geets's face makes this. lol

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
gonna go out on a limb for dragon ball ultra:

main team: goku, vegeta, broly, freeza, 17, revived Bardock

the off screen heroes: goten, trunks, oob, pan

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I would do it as

Main cast: Gohan, oob, Pan, Krillin, 18, 17, Broly, Kale, Caulifla, Goten, Trunks, Majin Boo, and Satan

Off screen cast: Goku and Vegeta

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I would do it as

Main cast: Gohan, oob, Pan, Krillin, 18, 17, Broly, Kale, Caulifla, Goten, Trunks, Majin Boo, and Satan

Off screen cast: Goku and Vegeta
It's nice to have dreams.

i believe the dragon ball room is desperately at work to bring bardock into the current story just like broly because he's popular

Eh, not sure how I would feel about that one. He feels so...unnecessary I guess. Then again, that's how I felt about Broly pre-Broly film. And they nailed that one incredibly well. So, who knows!

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
I'm gonna go with Goku and Vegeta with the occasional few extra characters getting some stuff here and there

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
When DB is back, main cast is going to be Goku, Vegeta and Freeza for now. I don't see 17 returning except for being there when he's needed. Same with 18. Out of the new characters, Jiren is the most likely to team up with the mains, he'll be pursuing his own goals and they'll coincide with the others somehow. Toppo may hang but not be prominent. Beerus will probably become part of the main (fighting) cast once their power levels get closer. The U6 Saiyans and Broly may become intertwined. No idea how they'll be used, but I think that something will happen with them. I think Hit was more of a simple cool character that probably won't see much time outside of limited exposure. It just feels like he's run his course.

With old character like Gohan and Piccolo, I don't know. They could make them a bigger deal, or they couldn't. I don't think at this point that we'd be losing out if they weren't used much anymore. Gohan has pretty much been defined at this point as family man/scholar first, and a somewhat reluctant fighter second. Piccolo is kinda like the old mentor now and potential lore master like the Kai's. I think characters like Krillin and Roshi got their swan song in the ToP. Trunks and Goten probably won't be in the fighting cast until they actually decide to age them a little, or after an End of Z time skip.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
If they are gonna bring another non-canon character back, it's gonna be Janemba. Pikkon has no chance because we already got a second Piccolo called Hit.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
Isn't that just Super
Yeah. It's modern DB to be more specific. I'd want more than just them but I'm not expecting it.

When DB is back, main cast is going to be Goku, Vegeta and Freeza for now. I don't see 17 returning except for being there when he's needed. Same with 18. Out of the new characters, Jiren is the most likely to team up with the mains, he'll be pursuing his own goals and they'll coincide with the others somehow. Toppo may hang but not be prominent. Beerus will probably become part of the main (fighting) cast once their power levels get closer. The U6 Saiyans and Broly may become intertwined. No idea how they'll be used, but I think that something will happen with them. I think Hit was more of a simple cool character that probably won't see much time outside of limited exposure. It just feels like he's run his course.

With old character like Gohan and Piccolo, I don't know. They could make them a bigger deal, or they couldn't. I don't think at this point that we'd be losing out if they weren't used much anymore. Gohan has pretty much been defined at this point as family man/scholar first, and a somewhat reluctant fighter second. Piccolo is kinda like the old mentor now and potential lore master like the Kai's. I think characters like Krillin and Roshi got their swan song in the ToP. Trunks and Goten probably won't be in the fighting cast until they actually decide to age them a little, or after an End of Z time skip.
Jiren and the U6 Saiyans I def could see get a bit more in the future. I also agree about Hit unfortunately.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

One of the biggest parts of Gohan's development in the Universe Survival arc was him finding his fighting spirit. He's not a reluctant fighter.
Manga also established him as getting stronger and at the very least being confident.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gohan's time has passed in the anime. As a long term Gohan fan I've accepted that even before his showing in ToP so none of it really surprised me.

If anything I'd actually be happy if he kinda just...fades out of the picture for the most part? I feel like has no real purpose anymore. Potential Unleashed as a concept kinda ruined what he could be cause he has the ultimate transformation so there's nothing more for him to do in a series like Dragon Ball.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously they'll do stuff with Pan and Uub when they get there, the anime staff was seemingly already wanting to do stuff with her in Season 1 despite her only being a baby and both the anime and manga have teased Uub more than once, with the manga even showing him.
Broly is obviously going to become a part of the cast at some point, especially after how well the movie did and how positive the response was to him as a character. Beerus will hopefully become part of the fighting cast when Goku and Vegeta finally get near his level of power beyond something that they can't activate at will (like UI currently). The rest of the Earth cast is a toss up, characters like Gohan, Goten, Trunks, 18 and Piccolo could see some use, but they could just as easily not get much play. I think the humans will pretty much be done once we get to EoZ. 17 is someone who I could see popping up from time to time but not as a regular. 17's biological child could potentially become a character if they so choose and they could potentally make it so Maron actually inherited her mother's strength, but both of these are probably less likely than Goten and Trunks being main fighters.
As for other universe characters I think they will mainly be restricted to arcs that involve them in some way and little side episodes like the baseball one. We're sure to get an arc involving Jiren and the Pride Troopers, potentially with the demon that killed his family.

Gohan's time has passed in the anime. As a long term Gohan fan I've accepted that even before his showing in ToP so none of it really surprised me.

If anything I'd actually be happy if he kinda just...fades out of the picture for the most part? I feel like has no real purpose anymore. Potential Unleashed as a concept kinda ruined what he could be cause he has the ultimate transformation so there's nothing more for him to do in a series like Dragon Ball.
Gohan had a really great showing in the ToP and was one of the last to be knocked out.... He was also one of the top fighters in terms of knockouts.

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gohan had a really great showing in the ToP and was one of the last to be knocked out....
How though? He fought with fodder for the most part with only one real battle but then got bopped by Dypso and had to use an assist and to sacrifice himself just to win. To me something good would be like Android 17 where you kinda just show up, get into the main event and with added benefit of being a family man.

I don't really care for the whole "Gohan has more potential than us all" stuff if Gohan never shows it. Only chars of U7 I thought had good showings was 17, 18, Master Roshi, Goku, Vegeta, and Frieza.

I prefer the manga's approach where he actually, although has to sacrifice himself, takes someone of relevance like Kefla. That really conveys to me of his "potential" that they talk about. Though even there they off panelled most of the fight so he still got short changed.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
How though? He fought with fodder for the most part with only one real battle but then got bopped by Dypso and had to use an assist and to sacrifice himself just to win. To me something good would be like Android 17 where you kinda just show up, get into the main event and with added benefit of being a family man.

I don't really care for the whole "Gohan has more potential than us all" stuff if Gohan never shows it. Only chars of U7 I thought had good showings was 17, 18, Master Roshi, Goku, Vegeta, and Frieza.

I prefer the manga's approach where he actually, although has to sacrifice himself, takes someone of relevance like Kefla. That really conveys to me of his "potential" that they talk about. Though even there they off panelled most of the fight so he still got short changed.
You mention Kefla as relevant but don't count Dyspo cause he had hell when he's the one who showed up to help Freeza who was being overwhelmed? Gohan even thought of the idea to trap and ultimately take Dyspo down at the price of one. Could have been handled better, but he was holding his own in the laser cage with Lightspeed Dyspo, which is a showing of his improvement considering just a day or two ago in universe he was getting choked out by Piccolo. The anime had shown Gohan becoming better and even more competent. What he did in his fights with Lavender and Dyspo is more competent than just about anything he's done prior

The manga stuff I'd agree with you if they hadn't off screened the fight. It doesn't really help convey potential with me when I don't even see the fight.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

He had one of the highest scores, he helped take out big opponents, he was established as god level and had roughly the same amount of screen time as 17 and Vegeta. He did a lot.
Some of his fights not being with the big billed fighters doesn't make them fodder either. The dude with the long white hair was shown to be really strong for example.

I really dislike the manga version because his "I want to get stronger as a human" thing was nonsensical and his entire battle with Kefla being off screen made both of them seem a lot less important. Not to mention the awful shit Toyo did with Kefla's character.

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You mention Kefla as relevant but don't count Dyspo cause he had hell when he's the one who showed up to help Freeza who was being overwhelmed? Gohan even thought of the idea to trap and ultimately take Dyspo down at the price of one. Could have been handled better, but he was holding his own in the laser cage with Lightspeed Dyspo, which is a showing of his improvement considering just a day or two ago in universe he was getting choked out by Piccolo.
Actually yeah, everything that you mention I don't agree with. I don't consider it a good showing. In fact I'd even go as far as to say that the fact that he had to reunlock "Potential Unleashed" is weird because...it's something he always has. It's not something he has to train for to use, it was a spell casted onto him.

I really don't like the whole plan to take out Dypso thing as it made Gohan look weak in comparison to 17 who could keep himself in the game with far better tactics.

Another thing people miss about 17 is that he kept his composure nearly the entire time and still kept coming up with great plans the entire time. Gohan's plans are "punch fat guy that blocks punches with fat until it works" and "sacrifice self to take out Dypso". 17's tactics are clearly superior and a much better showing I don't think anyone can disagree there at least.

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He had one of the highest scores, he helped take out big opponents, he was established as god level and had roughly the same amount of screen time as 17 and Vegeta. He did a lot.
Some of his fights not being with the big billed fighters doesn't make them fodder either. The dude with the long white hair was shown to be really strong for example.

I really dislike the manga version because his "I want to get stronger as a human" thing was nonsensical and his entire battle with Kefla being off screen made both of them seem a lot less important. Not to mention the awful shit Toyo did with Kefla's character.
I'm just really underwhelmed for what he did. To me it matters what he does with that time, and most of the time he was on it was kind of boring to me? Piccolo honestly was more entertaining than Gohan if I were to be honest.

I actually prefer how the saiyan girls were done in the manga but that's a whole other topic. I will say though that Kale is way better in the manga to me just from having more development and a more exciting showing. She took out so many people it was pretty hype.

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching end of Z.

Oob is not unlike Broly. They make note about how he never fought anyone worth a crap before and how he's learning as he fights

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Gohan is a reluctant fighter in the sense that it's not his top priority. It's like third place. He got his fighting spirit back to help save his universe, but I don't think he was portrayed as wanting to make it his main ambition in life. If or when we see him fight again, I would think it will be in a similar vein as in the ToP. He'll be like 17 basically, a strong fighter that might come and help if needed (or just as Saiyaman). The main difference with him now and how he was for most of Super is that he'll probably put training time in to keep his power level decent. I guess that unlike 17, Gohan will always have a presence as part of the Son family, so he'll never be relegated to the background completely. He's basically what Goku never was or could be - the responsible father character. He'd probably have to sacrifice too much time with his family and job to reach the heights of Goku and Vegeta. That is, unless writers wanted to use his 'potential' as a shortcut.

Deleted member 8001

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the highlight of ToP to me was the Namekians themselves just as a concept. Like they fused with literally their whole race? That's something as a fan you'd dream up of as a kid as "what ifs" but here it actually happened. Very cool concept.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
the only problem now with oob is... dragon ball super.

back then the series ending with some kid appearing as a reincarnation of majin boo, the most powerful villain in all of dragon ball, was pretty cool.

now they're gonna try and make him feel like a big deal after we've seen hit, zamasu, jiren and broly.

bruh

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017

back then the series ending with some kid appearing as a reincarnation of majin boo, the most powerful villain in all of dragon ball, was pretty cool.

now they're gonna try and make him feel like a big deal after we've seen hit, zamasu, jiren and broly.

bruh
Frieza. Four months of training.

Oct 25, 2017
At this point they should just change the end of Z stuff. Because Dragon Ball isn't ending any time soon and it's weird

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I think the highlight of ToP to me was the Namekians themselves just as a concept. Like they fused with literally their whole race? That's something as a fan you'd dream up of as a kid as "what ifs" but here it actually happened. Very cool concept.

Yes! Easily my underrated coolest moment in the ToP. That along with Piccolo's vision of Nail and Kami with him was badass, too. Love that call back, scene gave me chills.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just really underwhelmed for what he did. To me it matters what he does with that time, and most of the time he was on it was kind of boring to me? Piccolo honestly was more entertaining than Gohan if I were to be honest.

I actually prefer how the saiyan girls were done in the manga but that's a whole other topic. I will say though that Kale is way better in the manga to me just from having more development and a more exciting showing. She took out so many people it was pretty hype.
Kale had no development in the manga.... she was removed from existence before she could have any.

bruh
All this means is that Uub has tons of potential, nothing has really changed.
At this point they should just change the end of Z stuff. Because Dragon Ball isn't ending any time soon and it's weird
They don't really need to change much, they can just use it as a starting point for new stories.