• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
At least they captured how funny Jiren is in that gif. Is the manga translated anywhere? I saw that even oolong appears and does something in the manga version of the prison planet stuff, makes me want to read it

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
you guys remember yamoshi? lul
Toriyama isn't new to making up stuff when asked something in interviews, but the Yamoshi story was so detailed I'm still genuinely surprised it was just something he said for that Q&A and wasn't even referenced in Broly.

Last edited:

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Remember a while ago we discussed if one of us ever got to interview toriyama, just asking him made up dragon ball "facts" to see what he say?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Heroes should just be called "Dragon Ball Super GT" at this point.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure that it was stated once that the angels aren't allowed to physically interfere with the affairs of mortals right? That's probably why El Grande Padre just dipped
Toei making Jiren look good. Thought they would have jobbed him by now
Well Jiren is still technically at roughly the same level as UI Goku so unless they were wanting to level up Goku even further than before he should still be able to handle most of what Goku can

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

5dksf.jpg

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
New Heroes episode was bad as usual, but hey, we got this out of it.
jirenzamasu.gif

That's not how timeslots work.

I remember Ajay going into this when he suspected that Super would be replaced when people argued that it could go in another time slot.

And personally liked this episode since Jiren looked bored fighting everyone and only got partly serious so UI Goku doesn't look cooler than him.

Also, UI Goku punching non-Baby Vegeta is hilarious.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I remember Ajay going into this when he suspected that Super would be replaced when people argued that it could go in another time slot.
No, Fuji TV assigns what they want to what timeslots they want, usually in conversations with the producers of the shows. Fuji TV and Toei have a great relationship and Kitaro in the 8:30 timeslot would do better numbers than anything else that has been in that timeslot and they would have an hour and a half of popular anime.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually loving Kitaro, so I'm kind of happy about this. I'd take more weekly Super anime too, but that certainly will come in the near future, while after Kitaro ends it might take another 10 years for a new season and it might not be anything like the current one, which has become something fairly unique.

Same. Straight up folks, Kitaro is a pretty damn good show.

If Super doesn't return this year, it'll probably be next year for the Olympics, so it's not like it'll be gone long.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
No, Fuji TV assigns what they want to what timeslots they want, usually in conversations with the producers of the shows. Fuji TV and Toei have a great relationship and Kitaro in the 8:30 timeslot would do better numbers than anything else that has been in that timeslot and they would have an hour and a half of popular anime.

So what was different last year when Ajay said Kitaro had to take Dragon Ball Super's time slot because there was no where else to put it?

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Damn i am enjoying the insanity of heroes. Goku needs to train with high priest guy in canon. Also need Cumber in canon.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
That Heroes anime is just all out insanity. Shame the battles suuuuuuucccckkkkkk, otherwise it would have at least some potential as something to watch propely until we get a new show.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
the sheer disrespect, That's the Jiren I know and love

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I do admit, an episode where Jiren just goes around the Z+Super timeline, literally curbstomping all the villains without saying more than a word or two at a time would be funny as hell.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Nothing better than celebrate your birthday with your husbando

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
What is everyone's thoughts on Goku's portrayal in Super as a whole?

He was always goofy both as a child and in Z but I feel they made him a little too goofy in Super. It's almost to the point where he's like mentally handicapped, but I will admit this tone did bring some laughs when dealing with Beerus like Goku's interactions with Grand Zeno and seeing Beerus sweat the entire time. Goku acting so casually towards omnipresent deities capable of destroying space and time in a blink of an eye is the best parts and works with Goku's overly dumb and naive nature in Super.

I think the only times he was actually serious was when Zamasu revealed he stole his body and killed his family. That and some Frieza / Jiren interactions, but even with Jiren he was treating it more like a fun time getting stronger sort of thing.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
You know Heroes is bad when they somehow turned Super Vegeta into his GT jobber self by making him Baby again.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017

He was always goofy both as a child and in Z but I feel they made him a little too goofy in Super. It's almost to the point where he's like mentally handicapped, but I will admit this tone did bring some laughs when dealing with Beerus like Goku's interactions with Grand Zeno and seeing Beerus sweat the entire time. Goku acting so casually towards omnipresent deities capable of destroying space and time in a blink of an eye is the best parts and works with Goku's overly dumb and naive nature in Super.

I think the only times he was actually serious was when Zamasu revealed he stole his body and killed his family. That and some Frieza / Jiren interactions, but even with Jiren he was treating it more like a fun time getting stronger sort of thing.
I thought the tournament of power did a good job of balancing his serious side and his goofy side, the rest of Super not as much

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

He was serious a lot more than that.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017

It was really extreme in the Future Trunks arc. It's fine everywhere else.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018

He was perfect in the ToP as far as I'm concered.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
ToP Goku is definitely my favorite Goku in Super.
This. Hell for me, ToP Goku is my favorite Goku tier with Kid Goku.

Eh he wasn't. He was pretty serious/pretty in character honestly for most of Super. Toei's is she is that there are some occasions like how he acted where he met Zamasu. But I'm like, he seemed pretty serious when had to be against Jiren, Beerus, Freeza, and Hit of course with Hit it was more of a competitive sense of being serious as there were no real stakes. He treated fighting Jiren pretty seriously I don't really see how you could say otherwise. He wasn't really treating it like it was a fun time. Considering he was trying his very best to match Jiren who routinely kicked his ass.

Big J disrespectful as fuck. Legit is Jiren at his best.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
h he wasn't. He was pretty serious/pretty in character honestly for most of Super. Toei's is she is that there are some occasions like how he acted where he met Zamasu. But I'm like, he seemed pretty serious when had to be against Jiren, Beerus, Freeza, and Hit of course with Hit it was more of a competitive sense of being serious as there were no real stakes.

Eh I definitley don't agree with all of this though. Black saga is obviously not true for me, but having just read the manga from DB to DBZ, I think he is definitley less silly in DBZ than in Super as a whole.

Nothing is as bad as his Fighter Z depiction though. He is WAY too nonchalant and upbeat about too many of the situaitons going on there, it just makes him annoying to listen to sometimes lol.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
Eh I definitley don't agree with all of this though. Black saga is obviously not true for me, but having just read the manga from DB to DBZ, I think he is definitley less silly in DBZ than in Super as a whole.

Nothing is as bad as his Fighter Z depiction though. He is WAY too nonchalant and upbeat about too many of the situaitons going on there, it just makes him annoying to listen to sometimes lol.
I mean he was serious in the Black arc the moment they encountered Black in the future. Legit he's pretty damn serious during their time in the future when they were fighting Black and Zamasu.

Super Goku is definitely goofier and more relaxed in general than Z Goku. I wouldn't argue that. Though how relaxed or unserious he is means very little to me as beyond that I find Super's Goku (outside the ToP) boring as fuck. Z Goku is largely boring as fuck to me too.

FighterZ Goku is too relaxed

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I mean he was serious in the Black arc the moment they encountered Black in the future. Legit he's pretty damn serious during their time in the future when they were fighting Black and Zamasu.

Super Goku is definitely goofier and more relaxed in general than Z Goku. I wouldn't argue that. Though how relaxed or unserious he is means very little to me as beyond that I find Super's Goku (outside the ToP) boring as fuck. Z Goku is largely boring as fuck to me too.

FighterZ Goku is too relaxed

smh you hate too many periods of my boy goku