• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
By weekly do you mean a long running series and not one that just runs for 13 or so episodes?
Pokemon at one point had animation for episodes starting something like 8 or 9 months ahead of when they aired. It's around 6 months now though, which is still crazy good.
For comparison Super season 2 had animation start 4 months ahead of when the first episode airs, which is pretty great, but not ridiculous like Pokemon.
Oh, so that's how the last few seasons have looked so ridiculously good (and consistent)! "Black magic" problem: solved :P

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
6qq8lk9qjqp21.jpg

Dayum. Imagine if you could watch an on OG Dragon Ball series that looks like that.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
i went back to the future trunks stuff after TOP and it looked bad in comparison.

those recap arcs were actual garbage released to the public and all the shit the show got at the beginning was no hyperbole.
yeah, even the trunks arc didn't look great except for a few standout episodes.

ToP really made the rest of the show look bad and ToP wasn't even perfect at all.

....Super is such a hard thing to rank.
I enjoyed it, but retrospectively man so much was bad.

It would've been great to get the Future Trunks arc with ToP's animation and less weird pacing with all the retreats and repeats, while maybe getting a few more characters involved. That would've mixed the best of everything imo.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The difference in style and beauty is just too big. Season 2 needs to come ASAP (well, not really, because proper scheduling and stuff, but you know what I mean).
We're just 3 months away! We're also likely just 3 weeks away from the announcement, unless they announce earlier than my guess.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i find it funny how Kefla and Ribrianne are the only non-gods in that shot

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Mosco reveal was a highlight of the tournament, dude has been trolling for likely millions of years.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018

I thought this was supposed to be a big deal, the footage doesn't look that good?

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I'd pay that much if it looked as good as some of the screencaps I've seen of what I assume were japanese releases. That doesn't look very impressive though

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice that it's in 4:3 but the video quality looks like shit. It's just the season set footage in 4:3. Not gonna pay for garbage.

Why did the Level Sets have to be cancelled, those looked a million times better than this crap.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
It's the blu ray sets in 4:3

These mother fuckers really don't care. Treat the fans like complete idiots every time. "LOOK ITS 4:3 LIKE YOU ASKED, NOW BUY IT STUPID"

I can't fucking fathom they'd seek out the broadcast audio. Probably took the shitty audio they had, pumped them through some audacity filter and gonna market it as THE CLEAREST DRAGON BALL Z HAS EVER SOUNDED IN 12.1 SURROUND SOUND

HazySaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
West Yorkshire, UK
What do you guys mean by broadcast audio?
After the initial broadcast in Japan, Toei destroyed the original audio master, so the only audio Toei have is the crappy mono audio that's stored on the film reel. That's why when you watch a clip of the Japanese dub it sounds like it was recorded 30 years earlier than it actually was.

Thing is though that thanks to some home recordings of the original broadcast the high quality audio now exists online.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
if it was like this

Sexy Grain and all then I would consider shilling 300+ for said set

but that footage shown for this collector's edition seems not to be the case

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
After the initial broadcast in Japan, Toei destroyed the original audio master, so the only audio Toei have is the crappy mono audio that's stored on the film reel. That's why when you watch a clip of the Japanese dub it sounds like it was recorded 30 years earlier than it actually was.

Thing is though that thanks to some home recordings of the original broadcast the high quality audio now exists online.

jeez, the voices are night and day.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Not shocking in the slightest, but the translation that Heroes went with for Super Saiyan Ikari is Super Saiyan Rage.
D3aR5tfUcAAYZBc.jpg