• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Extra dumb since Toei used Freeza in Super itself.
D4AI3hkU0AEX98x.jpg

After Funi switched from Vegito to Vegeto I was hoping Freeza would be next.... guess not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Toei needs to cut it out with this green tint shit.
Anyways, we're getting so damn close to the announcement.
someone needs to throw this over in the collector's edition boxset thread for the people that are praising that awful botched shit.

moral of story: never trust funimation, they can make things worse
It's likely a Toei issue.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Putting it out there.

Bulma's super hair is top 3 bulma hair styles.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Super Bob
Side Pony tail
Capsule corp longnhaor with reverse bangs

Top 3 bulma styles.

Future bulma ponytail and Genie pony tail get special mentions

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Super Bulma is one of the best versions of Bulma throughout all of DB. Cool design and she's the gadget/engineer character who actually feels important like in the Trunks arc.

If we see a Salada arc, or something involving G/V going there, I hope she goes along. In Super she's been a good representation of the normal human (relatively) alongside the super powered characters. In Z she didn't get a whole lot to do.

I think her Super portrayal is closer to how she was in original DB.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So far this anniversary year for DBZ has been pretty disappointing.

The Blu-Ray for the Broly movie and the Trunks TV special remaster has a green tint, just like TFC Kai had.

The 30th anniversary Boxset is depressingly getting made and Funimation seems to think that it's what the hardcore fans want.

Toie requested(?) Funimation to include the spelling of Frieza instead of Freeza in the subtitle track for the Broly movie. Which leaves the possibility open for more dumb dub names and terms to keep appearing in the sub track, in the future.

Weird that these same issues keep happening again and again with this franchise.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I fucking HATE region locks. It's fucking 2019 and we are still suffering this backwards bullshit.

From what it seems, Funimation is shitting the bed again. I will probably get the JP version now.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So far this anniversary year for DBZ has been pretty disappointing.

The Blu-Ray for the Broly movie and the Trunks TV special remaster has a green tint, just like TFC Kai had.

The 30th anniversary Boxset is depressingly getting made and Funimation seems to think that it's what the hardcore fans want.

Toie requested(?) Funimation to include the spelling of Frieza instead of Freeza in the subtitle track for the Broly movie. Which leaves the possibility open for more dumb dub names and terms to keep appearing in the sub track, in the future.

Weird that these same issues keep happening again and again with this franchise.
They are mandating names in general, not just "Frieza". Funi sub names will probably be consistent with the Super Simulcast now.... which means we might get stuff like King Kai Fist in the future........

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I will forever be baffled at how this exists. Funi's dubs and subs have always kept it as Kaioken. Seriously, what happened?
I guess Toei decided that Kaioken didn't make sense with Funi's names since they renamed Kaio as King Kai. Kaioken is Kaio Fist, so King Kai Fist is in a weird, totally wrong way more accurate for the Funi names.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Toei decided that Kaioken didn't make sense with Funi's names since they renamed Kaio as King Kai. Kaioken is Kaio Fist, so King Kai Fist is in a weird, totally wrong way more accurate for the Funi names.
Still makes plenty of sense in the English version since the Kai part is still in there in both

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
my toei-mandated proper noun subtitles wishlist:

- gokuh
- kulilin
- turtle destruction wave
- djinn boo