• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt the dub will start using king Kai fist

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Anybody know this maybe new song that references goku and piccolo. I heard it today at the gym but couldn't find it

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"King Kai Fist" doesn't really make much sense but that's kind of a no win translation place anyway lol

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
ok, figured that's what you meant, but didn't know it was basically confirmed.

wait, how do we know it's coming so soon again lol? I remember someone notable on twitter saying it
Toei told the licensees at the event they held on the 1st that the announcement was coming this month. Also makes sense because they are going to want announce it before they release their financial results for the Fiscal Year ending March 31st and give their forecasts for the current year. Toei is doing that early/mid May.
April 26th makes sense because it's the 30th anniversary of Z and almost exactly 4 years after season 1 of Super was announced.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Toei told the licensees at the event they held on the 1st that the announcement was coming this month. Also makes sense because they are going to want announce it before they release their financial results for the Fiscal Year ending March 31st and give their forecasts for the current year. Toei is doing that early/mid May.
April 26th makes sense because it's the 30th anniversary of Z and almost exactly 4 years after season 1 of Super was announced.
thanks

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Has anyone bought the digital version of Broly US release on iTunes?

Curious if it has the green-tint or not. If it doesn't, I will settle for digital iTunes + JP blu-ray.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Man, crazy that's been 4 years. Even crazier looking back at the time the BoG movie was announced (2012 right?). It had been so long since DB had a proper film (or show even) by then. The hype was real. I couldn't believe my eyes when the announcement for the show came.

Last edited:

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Wait does Amazon not have the English version of Broly for digital purchase? I was hoping to just purchase it digitally and wait for an eventual non-green physical purchase.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess thinking on it some more something like "Kai Force" could've worked for the old dub lol.

Anyway the attack name situation is weird in general. Like "Special Beam Cannon" is ridiculous to me but I don't think translating Makankosappo literally would've been a good idea for obvious reasons (see post above). But something carrying the evil nature of the attack would've been good. Then you have Masenko which they just left, so that aspect of Gohan using demonic techniques is kind of absent in the dub unless you know what it means. But on the other hand the whole portion of Piccolo being a demon was mostly in DB anyway which wasn't initially there, so I guess it was a good move? Argh

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I just saw Brolly for the first time. Can't believe amazing how it was, truly feels like the first real Dragon Ball movie. Like the first half hour, I was 0 expecting all this after watching the first 2 movies.

And the animation, so fucking sweet

Oct 25, 2017

Ajay once again confirming that yes there is a green tint in the Funimation Blu ray of Broly. The UK release is fine apparently, but also region locked.

It looks like I'm going to have to skip out on the Big Green edition of the Broly movie.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
That was a fun movie. I was expecting more jokes, being a Toriyama script, but it's nice to have a version of Broly I actually like. Hope we see the big half-feral lug and his pals again in the series. Absolutely insane animation once the big dust-up gets going, too, which would also be nice to see in the series, but I'll be very surprised if it's with any regularity.

Wouldn't have had the slightest idea the blu-ray had a tint without seeing side-by-side screenshots. Completely unnoticeable in a vacuum.

I can't believe Tarble is still canon.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I literally laughed until I had tears in my eyes. More XV2 DLC, the game just won't die, fucking lmao.
God Vegeta coming in June.

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know when the bluray releases in germany?
The earliest possible release date I can imagine would be this fall. They're still working on the German dub (Gerrit Schmidt-Foß will be back as Broly, rest is the Super cast) and plan to air the dubbed version in cinemas first. But knowing that Kazé is responsible for the German release, expect further delays.
People are complaining about Funimation, but it's still miles ahead of how the series is treated over here. We didn't even finish the Future Trunks Arc yet :/

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Randomly got this message from a friend

Screenshot_20190417-001131.jpg

rsz_destinconern.png

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Jiren's got the body of a god, of course some people think he's hot
6347452-giphy+%287%29.gif

including me

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly forgot how well they played the destruction of Planet Vegeta in the Broly movie. Good stuff.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Another nothing episode of Heroes. Vegeta finally goes Blue evolved and they toned down the bloom lighting on it so you can actually see the art now.
First episode without Tsuji after a few in a row, probably too busy on Super now to do anything on Heroes.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Another nothing episode of Heroes. Vegeta finally goes Blue evolved and they toned down the bloom lighting on it so you can actually see the art now.
First episode without Tsuji after a few in a row, probably too busy on Super now to do anything on Heroes.
I wouldn't call it a nothing episode.

We finally got a perfect immortal Fused Zamasu!

15555735321911398.gif

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Heroes is shit but it's good to see Jiren, Toppo, and Zamazu being prominent/featured in side stuff like that

Village

Oct 25, 2017
That was a fun movie. I was expecting more jokes, being a Toriyama script, but it's nice to have a version of Broly I actually like. Hope we see the big half-feral lug and his pals again in the series. Absolutely insane animation once the big dust-up gets going, too, which would also be nice to see in the series, but I'll be very surprised if it's with any regularity.

Wouldn't have had the slightest idea the blu-ray had a tint without seeing side-by-side screenshots. Completely unnoticeable in a vacuum.

I can't believe Tarble is still canon.
We will never escape tarble