• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Geekdom to me has always been on my shitlist. Outside of his more recent "anti-SJW" shit he spouts on twitter, he built his channel on being a "legitimate source" in the vein of people like Herms. The problem with this mentality is that all Geekdom ever did to get his news was report on what he heard on the Kanzenshuu forums or from Herms tweets. He's never had any sort of "inside source" anymore than anyone else that follows the franchise hardcore ala me or most other people on the Kanzenshuu forums.

Because of this he's built up a reputation of being reputable, but while that's technically true none of the news comes from him whatsover. Geekdom has never leaked anything reputable in his entire career.

Though it's not like he pretended to not get that stuff from there, but it was more of his snobbish attitude of, "My channel is legit and nobody else is." then in a more recent note he brings in a Dragon Ball youtuber guest to tell everyone about his fanfiction idea for Super's next big arc.

100% correct. Also, is more sensitve than a five year old. No doubt he will attack his 'haters' after this.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Geekdom to me has always been on my shitlist. Outside of his more recent "anti-SJW" shit he spouts on twitter, he built his channel on being a "legitimate source" in the vein of people like Herms. The problem with this mentality is that all Geekdom ever did to get his news was report on what he heard on the Kanzenshuu forums or from Herms tweets. He's never had any sort of "inside source" anymore than anyone else that follows the franchise hardcore ala me or most other people on the Kanzenshuu forums.

Because of this he's built up a reputation of being reputable, but while that's technically true none of the news comes from him whatsover. Geekdom has never leaked anything reputable in his entire career.

Though it's not like he pretended to not get that stuff from there, but it was more of his snobbish attitude of, "My channel is legit and nobody else is." then in a more recent note he brings in a Dragon Ball youtuber guest to tell everyone about his fanfiction idea for Super's next big arc.

Geekdom does have real sources as verified from people like Ajay and even Herms.

The problem, he has the mentality of a five years old when people questions him since he seems to believe that we should just take his word as fact.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd honestly be fine with him if it weren't for the anti-SJW stuff and the way he acts on Twitter. Like I get it, gotta make a living which includes clickbait videos, but the other stuff doesn't get a pass.
Him saying absolutely nothing and defending KamehaCon for keeping Vic absolutely threw him in the trash for me.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly what I said weeks ago despite getting berated by Arched. What these guys are touting are rumors and nothing more.
15 Toei animators confirming it isn't just a rumor. Clearly something is going on behind the scenes, plans must have changed. The strangeness of the situation doesn't make the info suddenly fake.
Now we have Bandai's forecasts and they are only forecasting a small drop even though nothing has been announced. Clearly there is something this fiscal year that will keep the momentum going. They forecast it to be the second best year for the IP and their last few forecasts for DB they were overly conservative, so they might even be internally expecting more than that.
So while July seems off the table at this point the show has still be in the animation phase for over 2 months.

Last edited:

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
15 Toei animators confirming it isn't just a rumor. Clearly something is going on behind the scenes, plans must have changed. The strangeness of the situation doesn't make the info suddenly fake.
Now we have Bandai's forecasts and they are only forecasting a small drop even though nothing has been announced. Clearly there is something this fiscal year that will keep the momentum going. They forecast it to be the second best year for the IP and their last few forecasts for DB they were overly conservative, so they might even be internally expecting more than that.
So while July seems off the table at this point the show has still be in the animation phase for over 2 months.

Maybe they're delaying the show to have even more preproduction time, like 6 months. I'd be on board with that.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Although July doesn't seem likely anymore.

This just means we are getting more production time. So atleast thats some good news.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
My random, mostly baseless speculation of what might be happening is that maybe they want the whole world to be at the same point, or roughly the same point in the series as it airs. The Dragon Ball Room has been taking a very worldwide focused approach since it was founded and that has only been getting stronger. Most dubs are either done or nearing completion. An October release would mean most countries would have episode releases alongside Japan, but the US would still be a month behind. It would suck, but a January start would ensure everyone is on the same page in terms of episodes.
If they end up pushing the start date to next year then I imagine production on the show will slow a bit for a few months and won't be a priority for most animators until later this year, I doubt they'd have a bunch of people totally focused on the show for that long when they could also be helping elsewhere.

Again, this is just speculation not based on any inside info.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Geekdom does have real sources as verified from people like Ajay and even Herms.
What's use is a "real source" if you can't prove your valid? Nothing Geekdom has ever "leaked" has been proven to be viable information. Whether he has real sources or not doesn't really matter to his videos if he can't validate them in any way.

You do realize companies specifically give people fake insider information to keep surprises at bay, right? Who is to say that these animators aren't doing just that? Again SPECULATION on my part here, but this type of stuff does happen a lot more than people believe.
Is this the reasoning you're going to use everytime you spread misinformation in the community? "Something must have changed behind the scenes." You don't know that. You're hearing second hand information from what you believe to be a valid source and that's it.

Maybe instead of saying, "I can confirm Super 2 is coming." you could treat the information as a rumor next time? You got the whole freaking forum believing this shit and nothing happened.

And you can call me aggressive on this matter all you want but as a Dragon Ball fan of 20+ years now, I've been through this shit over and over again. Misinformation and rumors is a huge thing in this community and it's always lead to disappointment and unfulfilled expectations from the fans. So to say I'm "sick of it" is just an understatement. I've been through this shit for years now and to see it still be a big thing in the community just has me frustrated.

Last edited:

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
But we are sure that new episodes will come at all, aren't we? If so, I'll gladly take a delay of a few months if this means the animation quality is on par with the final episodes of the ToP arc.
I just hope they don't wait for all countries to catch up with the airing of Part 1, because that'd mean we won't get the series before 2019. Large markets like Germany are still extremely far behind the rest of the world (not even finished Future Trunks Arc), so... I hope this isn't the reason for the (now expected) delay :/

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
What's use is a "real source" if you can't prove your valid? Nothing Geekdom has ever "leaked" has been proven to be viable information. Whether he has real sources or not doesn't really matter to his videos if he can't validate them in any way.

You do realize companies specifically give people fake insider information to keep surprises at bay, right? Who is to say that these animators aren't doing just that? Again SPECULATION on my part here, but this type of stuff does happen a lot more than people believe.

Is this the reasoning you're going to use everytime you spread misinformation in the community? "Something must have changed behind the scenes." You don't know that. You're hearing second hand information from what you believe to be a valid source and that's it.

Maybe instead of saying, "I can confirm Super 2 is coming." you could treat the information as a rumor next time? You got the whole freaking forum believing this shit and nothing happened.

And you can call me aggressive on this matter all you want but as a Dragon Ball fan of 20+ years now, I've been through this shit over and over again. Misinformation and rumors is a huge thing in this community and it's always lead to disappointment and unfulfilled expectations from the fans. So to say I'm "sick of it" is just an understatement. I've been through this shit for years now and to see it still be a big thing in the community just has me frustrated.
I've seen the verification that they are who they say they are, I've seen the exact stuff Ajay has, I'm not just getting second hand information. I'm not spreading misinformation, I know that animators have been working on it, I know that they were told July, I know that licensees in Europe were told July with a late April announcement. You're getting real smart about something that you literally know nothing about.
Things changing in the production of something in any medium is not some crazy thing that never happens.

Last edited:

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
It's all been a lie, the show is never going to come back. it's just new better animated heroes episodes they have been making

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen the verification that they are who they say they are, I've seen the exact stuff Ajay has, I'm not just getting second hand information. I'm not spreading misinformation, I know that animators have been working on it, I know that they were told July, I know that licensees in Europe were told July with a late April announcement. You have no clue what you're talking about.
Things changing in the production of something in any medium is not some crazy thing that never happens.
That's nice. How can you prove these claims you're making? Like I understand not revealing your sources due to job security on their end, but the fact that you're still going around saying you have legit sources suggests that eventually they'll be verified in some way. Like you know revealing Super 2 on Goku Da- oh wait.

This has yet to happen. Until you can verify anything with the public you can't really make these claims on a public forum without questioning. That's just how things work.

Or you can just admit you're spreading rumors and this wouldn't even be an issue. There's nothing wrong with rumor mills whatsoever despite their bad name in some places.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
That's nice. How can you prove these claims you're making? Like I understand not revealing your sources due to job security on their end, but the fact that you're still going around saying you have legit sources suggests that eventually they'll be verified in some way. Like you know revealing Super 2 on Goku Da- oh wait.

This has yet to happen. Until you can verify anything with the public you can't really make these claims on a public forum without questioning. That's just how things work.

Or you can just admit you're spreading rumors and this wouldn't even be an issue. There's nothing wrong with rumor mills whatsoever despite their bad name in some places.
This just shows me how little you've been paying attention. Nobody has ever said that any specific date was when it was going to be revealed, in fact I've said multiple times that certain dates are only possibilities and not to expect an announcement on any specific date. So go ahead and continue spouting nonsense when you can't even be bothered to check if what you are saying is even true.
Ajay has leaked multiple things in the past and we have the same information, so there's your verification.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
It's one thing to be skeptical of Arched's sources Big One, but you're kinda coming off as calling Arched a liar and honestly that's kinda rude.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
This just shows me how little you've been paying attention. Nobody has ever said that any specific date was when it was going to be revealed, in fact I've said multiple times that certain dates are only possibilities and not to expect an announcement on any specific date. So go ahead and continue spouting nonsense when you can't even be bothered to check if what you are saying is even true.
Ajay has leaked multiple things in the past and we have the same information, so there's your verification.
I never said you specified dates (however both Geekdom and Ajay has who I was also talking about), however the issue isn't your own speculation on the matter more-so than your treatment of the information you're given. No matter how you get the information or how valid you think it is, unless you're an official source from TOEI you can never truly "confirm" anything. This makes your information second-hand aka a rumor as in, "I heard Super 2 is coming." has a very different meaning than "Super 2 is coming."

As for Ajay leaking things, please provide proof. Though on a slightly unrelated note, one thing I'll commend Ajay on is that he at least apologized to the community so I really don't have any beef with him or anything of that sort. I think Ajay took the situation the right way for the most part and is a good dude.
It's one thing to be skeptical of Arched's sources Big One, but you're kinda coming off as calling Arched a liar and honestly that's kinda rude.
It's disengenuine to treat second-hand misinformation as official information, so take that for what you will. I don't like that whether he genuinely believes his sources 100% or not. That type of misinformation has been a huge issue in the Dragon Ball community even before Dragon Ball got officially licensed in America.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
As for Ajay leaking things, please provide proof.

Ajay recently posted on Kanzenshuu that he has genga that hasn't been revealed before that he got from his insiders.

G4r6WCt.png

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I never said you specified dates (however both Geekdom and Ajay has who I was also talking about), however the issue isn't your own speculation on the matter more-so than your treatment of the information you're given. No matter how you get the information or how valid you think it is, unless you're an official source from TOEI you can never truly "confirm" anything. This makes your information second-hand aka a rumor as in, "I heard Super 2 is coming." has a very different meaning than "Super 2 is coming."

As for Ajay leaking things, please provide proof.

It's disengenuine to treat second-hand misinformation as official information, so take that for what you will.
Okay, so after Jump Festa both Geekdom and Ajay have never said a specific date is when it will be announced, they've only said that certain dates are possibilities, so again you are showing how little you are actually paying attention.
And like I explained last time there is a space between rumor and official announcement and that is leaks. The first information on this came from FIFTEEN animators from TOEI, that's about as "official" as a leak can get, but you keep ignoring that. And these weren't just random anonymous people claiming to be Toei animators, these were people with their names visible who were verified as the people they said they were.
You keep acting like I've been saying the leaks are somehow an official announcement, when that's not how a leak works.

As for Ajay leaking things, he's done so multiple times, mainly with info on Yuya Takahashi's involvement in Dragon Ball.

It's also not like I'm some random person who just showed up and is saying these things, I've been a part of this community for awhile and this is the first time I've said I can vouch for a leak, but I can tell you it's not the first time I've known about things. The only reason I even made it public that I knew this was to help keep misinformation to a minimum and to make sure people understood just how verified this info was.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so after Jump Festa both Geekdom and Ajay have never said a specific date is when it will be announced, they've only said that certain dates are possibilities, so again you are showing how little you are actually paying attention.
And like I explained last time there is a space between rumor and official announcement and that is leaks. The first information on this came from FIFTEEN animators from TOEI, that's about as "official" as a leak can get, but you keep ignoring that. And these weren't just random anonymous people claiming to be Toei animators, these were people with their names visible who were verified as the people they said they were.
You keep acting like I've been saying the leaks are somehow an official announcement, when that's not how a leak works.

As for Ajay leaking things, he's done so multiple times, mainly with info on Yuya Takahashi's involvement in Dragon Ball.

It's also not like I'm some random person who just showed up and is saying these things, I've been a part of this community for awhile and this is the first time I've said I can vouch for a leak, but I can tell you it's not the first time I've known about things. The only reason I even made it public that I knew this was to help keep misinformation to a minimum and to make sure people understood just how verified this info was.
Ajay, Geekdom, and your word isn't verification though. You could've been right 100% of the time in the past, but you're still dealing with non-verified information here. Verified information =/= information you've seen and heard from the animators. Yet you treat it as if your verified information is outright confirmed. This isn't the case. If you can't prove anything about this subject - Super 2's release - then nothing is on the table on this matter other than what you've heard and your own speculation. And that's perfectly fine.
Pretty sure thats Gogeta from Broly. Not sure why that matters much.

Dude has contacts with animators.
So do the animators have a say on when their content is going to be revealed officially? I don't doubt Ajay's sources but it's not like he's getting leaks from TOEI themselves here who handles on whether Super 2 even happens at all.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Ajay, Geekdom, and your word isn't verification though. You could've been right 100% of the time in the past, but you're still dealing with non-verified information here. Verified information =/= information you've seen and heard from the animators. Yet you treat it as if your verified information is outright confirmed. This isn't the case. If you can't prove anything about this subject - Super 2's release - then nothing is on the table on this matter other than what you've heard and your own speculation. And that's perfectly fine.
"Stuff confirmed by 15 separate animators isn't verified information."
Okay, whatever, I'm done here.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
So do the animators have a say on when their content is going to be revealed officially? I don't doubt Ajay's sources but it's not like he's getting leaks from TOEI themselves here who handles on whether Super 2 even happens at all.

I personally don't know what the rules behind genga are, sometimes I see animators post them on twitter.
but most of the time you don't see it all.

Also, Ajay's insiders have said the show is in production.
said animators would know that lol. They don't need to be John Toei for that.

2uper is happening, we know that.
When it's happening is the question.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
"Stuff confirmed by 15 separate animators isn't verified information."
Okay, whatever, I'm done here.
It isn't when it's private information. In your eyes it could be as clearly confirmed as press release, but in our eyes there's nothing there to suggest it's verified information of any sort at this moment.
I personally don't know what the rules behind genga, sometimes I see animators post them on twitter.
but most of the time you don't see it all.

Also, Ajay's insiders have said the show is in production.
said animators would know that lol. They don't need to be John Toei for that.

2uper is happening, we know that.
When it's happening is the question.
Like I said I don't really doubt Ajay knows his stuff, what I'm saying is that it still isn't technically verified information until we get something official here.

Let's just say for a moment that is information is 100% confirmed. So, what happened? A delay in schedule isn't the only thing that could prevent a July release afterall. It could've gotten cancelled entirely for all we know. There's so many things that could've happened behind the scenes that makes "leaks" like this rather useless cause all it does it bring their validity into question when things don't go as planned.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I believe the animators were telling the truth, and plans changed. Shit happens.

It will be back, who knows when.

Toei probably got word of all the leaks and are delaying an announcement purposely to make it look like their "Super 2 doesn't exist" claims are foreal so they don't come off as liars. I dont know.

But goddamn, we need Season 2. Super ended way too abrubtly, its screaming for a sequel.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Idk, giving 2uper more production time while also making sure more country's have a simuldub doesn't sound that farfetched to me.

Also lol, cancelled.....
You would think the animators working on said show would be aware of that.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Idk, giving 2uper more production time while also making sure more country's have a simuldub doesn't sound that farfetched to me.

Also lol, cancelled.....
You would think the animators working on said show would be aware of that.
We haven't really gotten anyone's word on the reasoning on why July isn't happening yet, so you honestly never know atm. Crazier things have happened in the franchise.

Think of it this way as well. Dragon Ball as a merchandise franchise continues to grow...yet there is no anime to push that. Why would TOEI feel the need to release Super 2 in July when they don't have to release it in July to make money? They could push it back as long as they want until sales starts dropping. It's a win-win for everybody cause Toyotaro can continued to develop his manga-original stuff that can potentially be adapted in the meantime, while the animators can continue working on Super 2 and other projects, and TOEI can just sit around gaining more profits as the fans hunger for more Dragon Ball content.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Ya'll wishing for Super 2, when what we really need is a Pride Trooper spin-off with Jiren and Toppo being adorable together.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

Baggie_Saiyan made an interesting observation on that point:

Dragon Ball doesn't need one immediately that was point, I am not talking about forever. It can last another year without one perfectly fine. There is no rush they can take their time their fanbase aren't kids anymore (despite how much Toei lie to themselves) you and I aren't going to go anywhere, fans are still gonna be buying DB products. DBS as a series was barely marketed until it came close to it's end so they have a plethora of things to go back on and market some of it they're already doing now with UI "Omen" and Evolution Vegeta. Then of course all the video games Bandai have going on.

A weekly TV costs money and DB currently doesn't have one meanwhile OP does and DB is still making more so a weekly TV show isn't really necessary for the time being.

To add to this, there are still plenty of stuff to market. Like Vados just recently got a card in Dokkan despite being introduced in 2015 and plenty of TOP stuff aren't in Dokkan. You have Legends that barely scratched the surface and is about to celebrate its one year anniversary. Heroes is Heroes and is probably stronger than it was last year. Video games have a bunch of material to used.

A new show isn't really needed at this moment.

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm still on team "the overwhelming success of Broly overseas resulted in 2uper getting pushed back for more time in pre-production"

That really isn't how production works. If anything, it's the opposite. Like Super was rushed into existence because of Resurrection 'F's success and One Punch Man'a Season 2 was also rushed thanks to its successful first season.

Last edited:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Man, everyone needs to take a chill pill. Super 2 is coming no matter what. No reason to get so mad over an announcement rumor that didn't pan out. There's fun to be had waiting and speculating, too.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Baggie_Saiyan made an interesting observation on that point:

Dragon Ball doesn't need one immediately that was point, I am not talking about forever. It can last another year without one perfectly fine. There is no rush they can take their time their fanbase aren't kids anymore (despite how much Toei lie to themselves) you and I aren't going to go anywhere, fans are still gonna be buying DB products. DBS as a series was barely marketed until it came close to it's end so they have a plethora of things to go back on and market some of it they're already doing now with UI "Omen" and Evolution Vegeta. Then of course all the video games Bandai have going on.

A weekly TV costs money and DB currently doesn't have one meanwhile OP does and DB is still making more so a weekly TV show isn't really necessary for the time being.

To add to this, there are still plenty of stuff to market. Like Vados just recently got a card in Dokkan despite being introduced in 2015 and plenty of TOP stuff aren't in Dokkan. You have Legends that barely scratched the surface and is about to celebrate its one year anniversary. Heroes is Heroes and is probably stronger than it was last year. Video games have a bunch of material to used.

A new show isn't really needed at this moment.

You're right. Any sane company would wait until their IP's momentum is gone and the property starts losing value to create products for it.

It's genius

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
You're right. Any sane company would wait until their IP's momentum is gone and the property starts losing value to create products for it.

It's genius

People claimed that Dragon Ball would lose momentum when Super ended since the movie was months off, but the opposite ended up happening. There is simply too many ways for Dragon Ball to make money outside of a TV show.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
People claimed that Dragon Ball would lose momentum when Super ended since the movie was months off, but the opposite ended up happening. There is simply too many ways for Dragon Ball to make money outside of a TV show.

That's because there was a movie. Something for people to look forward to that kept the brand relevant

Gatcha games and Z retelling games won't keep the franchise pulling those numbers. They need to start generating hype.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That's because there was a movie. Something for people to look forward to that kept the brand relevant

Gatcha games and Z retelling games won't keep the franchise pulling those numbers. They need to start generating hype.

I think the one mistake here is just the Z retelling game. They could have used something actually new for this point. Still, the lack of something new might be why Bandai expects a drop, just not a big one.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

There haven't been a Z retelling game in years outside of the Project Z. Most new Dragon Ball stuff have original stories and we finally got Heroes in the west with World Missions.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I know a Broly retelling isn't likely, but it wouldn't bother me.

People hate the idea because of BoG and RoF's quality, but that shouldn't really be an issue with Broly retelling with everything we're hearing about Super2 and it's improvements compared to OG Super.