• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
It might have been a half assed seizure prevention thing, but like why drop frames on Goku when they could just dim him like they did Jiren? Dimming the screen is a super common seizure prevention thing, dropping frames not so much.
Oh so this is an actual thing? For a long time, whenever I'd watch anime on Hulu - like Gundam IBO, or OPM, or My Hero Academia - I always noticed the screen suddenly getting darker during an intense laser-lights action scene but figured maybe it was my connection or a resolution issue. But it's actually done on purpose?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so this is an actual thing? For a long time, whenever I'd watch anime on Hulu - like Gundam IBO, or OPM, or My Hero Academia - I always noticed the screen suddenly getting darker during an intense laser-lights action scene but figured maybe it was my connection or a resolution issue. But it's actually done on purpose?
Yep.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

It's because of the Porygon episode of Pokémon.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

When I went back to rewatch the early episodes of Pokemon on DVD they would dim the screen EVERY time a Pokemon came out of a Pokeball or Pikachu used a thunder attack

no fucking clue how I never noticed as a kid

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I watched way more anime as a kid than I do now and I don't remember ever noticing it then. Weird.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
That joke isn't funny.

And it's especially not funny over a year and a half after it started.

It's up there with folks yelling dodge and nappa impressions

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So we don't have any actual leaks on the new manga chapter, but we have impressions from ryokutya.

Interesting...

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I haven't been folllowing the manga, but from what I understand...
Ressurection F: Electric Buugaloo is gonna happen?
Just asking cause that would weird if they skipped Cell or Cooler.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been folllowing the manga, but from what I understand...
Ressurection F: Electric Buugaloo is gonna happen?
Just asking cause that would weird if they skipped Cell or Cooler.
Are you talking about how they brought back Frieza and Broly because they're popular?

The only other classic Dragon Ball villain with popularity in Japan that's even close to being comparable to them is Buu. Broly was the only old movie villain that was as big as the canon ones, and Cell has always lagged behind Frieza and Buu by a massive amount.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
g
something happens to Boo and the main villain is gonna change ?

If the two scenarii are related then I think it will play like this :

Boo ends up losing to Moro and decide to free the Dai Kaio Shin so this one could fight directly his foe.
But Boo revert to Kid or Buff Boo.
He then absorbs Moro and become as nerfed as fused Zamazu was.
This arc become arc Boo 2.0.
At his death the spirit of this Boo is cleaned and fused with Uub spirit so that the boy become and even more formidable sparing partner for Goku in the EoZ. And Boo is resurrected in the form of fat Boo to please Satan (in universe reason) and to match original EoZ ( out of universe reason).

this is bad. but if real hopefully sign of post end of z soon

but I doubt it's real

got this summary off of Kepiaschkz off kazenshu

Stunner911

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wakanda
g

Boo ends up losing to Moro and decide to free the Dai Kaio Shin so this one could fight directly his foe.
At his death the spirit of this Boo is cleaned and fused with Uub spirit so that the boy become and even more formidable sparing partner for Goku in the EoZ. And Boo is resurrected in the form of fat Boo to please Satan (in universe reason) and to match original EoZ ( out of universe reason).

but I doubt it's real

I hope this is fake

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
g

but I doubt it's real

This is just a person speculating based off of an incredibly vague impressions post of the chapter.
Here is the impressions I'm talking about.

Context is key, what you posted isn't a supposed leak, just a rando speculating.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to finish the series in Japanese. It was so good. I would have hated to wait for the English dub.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
watt.PNG

wat

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So we now have context for what those impressions of the new chapter meant.
The Buu part was in reference to the fact that Grand Kaioshin takes full control of Buu's body and morphs his appearance to match his and the thing about it seeming like the arc is almost over is from the teaser text for the next chapter at the end that says the "Final decisive battle for New Namek" is about to begin.

Last edited:

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Funimation shit the bed as usual this week. Watching dub at this point must be some sort of intentional torture.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Have they ever fucked up this bad with DBZ?
Lol way worse. These are just simple mistakes from a rough simuldub schedule. It will get fixed for the blu-ray releases, so not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. OG DBZ had intentional script changes that completely changed the story or characterizations and they didn't even make sense half the time.

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's a difference between trying to make the original dub more "American" and just straight up getting character background wrong that they already established correctly, multiple times.