• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but you can't run from the lord and savior of the MCU
desktop-thursdays-open-your-heart-to-the-snake-oil-peddlers.gif

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Stark. Cap all the way.
Oh you son of a bitch.
tenor.gif

I can do this all day
No the fuck you cant
SnappyNearGalapagossealion-size_restricted.gif

Cap cool as fuck but Tony always will be the man
It depends on what we're talking about. For Civil War I'm on Cap's side, but I think Tony is an overall better/more interesting character for the MCU in general.
I can accept this.
I'll definitely listen to her too
Aight, I'll ignore transgressions against Tony as long as you recognize the one true Queen of the MCU.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Haven't checked in a while, but is 2uper for July basically dead in the water now?

Edit: DW, read prior pages. I'd still bet money on 2uper being back by 2020. They'll wanna capitalise on that free marketing Goku as Olympic Mascot will bring.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it that everytime I enter a manga/anime related thread, noone is actually speaking about the series in question?

Also Tony over Cap anytime and everytime.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
81NKr7oqs7L._SL1500_.jpg

battle of gods is shit just for that yamamuro vegeta art right there

yes the whole movie is shit

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
yammy is somethin else

CM effects look great in that shot but not great all the time. Not the best example to sell me on constant live action DB effects working.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Battle of Gods was awesome for the interactions.

And live action Dragon Ball won't ever work because you can't nail the hair in regular form.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
But BoG gave us Beerus/Whis and the superior god form so it's not completely bad.

beerus and whis are one note boring ass mother fuckers

and the "superior" god form gave goku animu eyes turned him into a slim jabroni

dragon2bball2bz2bbattq8ktc.png

what a GEEK

ss god finally became cool when the dbs broly team got their hands on him

giphy.gif

now THAT'S a good movie

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

what a GEEK

giphy.gif

now THAT'S a good movie

No it became cool when Takahashi got his hands on it. Get your facts straight.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I see this and say, "Live action DBZ can be done right if done by competent people"

shit looks like super saiyan or ultra instinct. jesus
Sorta. The ki would have to look pretty different and probably much harder to nail correctly.

Ultimately though it's a matter of budget. It's one thing to have a few minutes of Binary mode in display. It's another to just have a few minutes of Super Saiyan and whatever enemy transformation in display during the film.

Still I'd love to see a proper go at it.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

you're not wrong

but the softer shintani/ryo onishi style I think complemented that form the best. that whole sequence in the film is just incredible.

when the animation/art style changes up so drastically like that, it adds a lot to what the form is trying to convey. they failed miserably at that in battle of gods, because it was just the same old shitty shiny yamamuro look for super saiyan god. goku going god in broly felt more monumental thanks to the style change than it did in battle of gods, when... the form first made its debut. lol

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Literally every DB character is one note
Pretty much.

what a GEEK

giphy.gif

Pretty much

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Literally every DB character is one note

beerus and whis characters are "casually watch battles take place with no emotional investment. also eat food"

i could name you memorable moments involving goku, vegeta, gohan, trunks, piccolo, bulma, yamcha, tien, cell, freeza, boo... and the list goes on. fuck I could remember and appreciate some jiren moments from the tournament of power. I couldn't name a single memorable beerus or whis moment. which is kinda sad since they've been a part of the franchise for almost 7 years now.

they play the kamesennin role from dragon ball without any of the charisma or humor. or great moments like roshi using the mafuba on piccolo daimao.

perhaps one note was too complimentary. they're nothing characters. take them out of the picture and super loses nothing.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't name a single memorable beerus or whis moment.

- Beerus feeling some type of way over his brother getting erased

- Whis accelerating Bulma's pregnancy

- Beerus erasing Zamasu

These come to mind at least. :3

They ain't the most deep characters, as is the DB way, but Super would be worse without them IMO, even if that might not be saying much. I'm just happy we got some new characters in the cast to begin with lol

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
beerus and whis characters are "casually watch battles take place with no emotional investment. also eat food"

i could name you memorable moments involving goku, vegeta, gohan, trunks, piccolo, bulma, yamcha, tien, cell, freeza, boo... and the list goes on. fuck I could remember and appreciate some jiren moments from the tournament of power. I couldn't name a single memorable beerus or whis moment. which is kinda sad since they've been a part of the franchise for almost 7 years now.

they play the kamesennin role from dragon ball without any of the charisma or humor. or great moments like roshi using the mafuba on piccolo daimao.

perhaps one note was too complimentary. they're nothing characters. take them out of the picture and super loses nothing.
I disagree they don't have the charm or humour. They are funnier than Roshi. Take them out the picture and super isn't worth watching to me. Their introduction scene alone is more memorable to me than anything tien ever did

Beerus vs Goku
Beerus scaring vegeta
Beerus vs Oolong
Whis orgasiming over food
Beerus and the pudding with boo
Whis training Goku and vegeta with a sleeping beerus
Beerus and champa
Hakai
'He's coming'
They have plenty of moments throughout the series, never mind giving the plot justification for stuff like the baseball episode. They are the best DB characters introduced since vegeta

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Tien is a sceub amoung scrubs but there are definiteky things he's done that permeate a lot furrher than Whis.

Not saying I agree with Anth0ny.

But I can easily see how someone could argue Tenshinhan is a much more memorable character in the entirety of dragon ball than Whis is.

Beerus is another matter.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Man, how can you be hating on Beerus and Whis!? They are awesome additions to the franchise.

Beerus' reaction when Goku first met Zeno had me dying.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Yeah, that's crazy. Beerus and Whis are easily the best additions to Dragon Ball sinds BoG, and regularly outshine most of the classic characters.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
I can understand somewhat the Whis thing but Beerus? Even youth he does very little overall, he's got plenty of memorable moments