• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
The UK Broly Bluray is mighty fine. Crystal clear picture, no friggin' green tint, looks absolutely stunning. 20€ well spent <3

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
From Super Heroes Manga New Chapter.
nCHvZXJm.jpg

Look like GT Pan accident go Time Nest.

SSJ Xeno Pan, Soon?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I wonder what time skips, if any, Super 2 will get?

Will Pan, Kid Trunks, Goten, etc. be GT age or do you think they will still be kids?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what time skips, if any, Super 2 will get?

Will Pan, Kid Trunks, Goten, etc. be GT age or do you think they will still be kids?

Nah, it's clear at this point that "Super" for now means before the end of Z. Goten and Trunks also will continue looking the same even though it makes less and less sense once you consider Bra and Pan being born (and the two pregnancies happening completely separate, with no overlap). I could see them making some kind of timeskip later in the show's run, but not right when it's returning.

Last edited:

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Rewatched broly on the fantastic looking uk blu ray. I forgot how good it is. I think the cgi bits come across a bit better when not on a massive cinema screen too. Either way the animation is just so good. I'll never get bored of watching this one.

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatched broly on the fantastic looking uk blu ray. I forgot how good it is. I think the cgi bits come across a bit better when not on a massive cinema screen too. Either way the animation is just so good. I'll never get bored of watching this one.
Oh that reminds me, Funimation bought Manga UK so enjoy your copy of Broly without green tint, because nobody is ever getting a good BluRay release again

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
between DBS, waiting for the next DLC character in Smash and more news on Pokemon Sword/Shield my nerd soul has been in purgatory these past few weeks lol

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out that TOEI pushed back Super a bit to prop up One Piece since they seem to be HEAVILY re-investing in it.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
It was definitely postponed until the American dub is finished so they could do a more simultaneously release of sub/dub going forward.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Kefla dub might take over a month if they keep slowing down the framerate

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
TOEI has unusually been putting a lot of emphasis on improving the One Piece anime despite ignoring it for as long as they did. So yeah One Piece delaying Super would but no shock. That's why I said before I wouldn't be surprised if DB Super doesn't come back until 2020.

Gives time for TOEi to do right with One Piece as well as put their full effort into One Piece STAMPEDE

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
TOEI has unusually been putting a lot of emphasis on improving the One Piece anime despite ignoring it for as long as they did. So yeah One Piece delaying Super would but no shock. That's why I said before I wouldn't be surprised if DB Super doesn't come back until 2020.

20th year anniversary of the anime plus Wano being a big deal is the logic behind it I assume

Oct 25, 2017

Gives time for TOEi to do right with One Piece as well as put their full effort into One Piece STAMPEDE
20th year anniversary of the anime plus Wano being a big deal is the logic behind it I assume

Well that conversation was on point

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If you can handle glacial pacing, sure. There's some rough spots but the anime has been pretty decent lately.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's the best by any means but it's one of the most ambitious stories I've ever read. I mean One Piece is a series where the author is basically telling every story he's ever wanted to tell in one single long-running story. It takes a lot of work to pull something like that off and Oda is doing it.

Oct 27, 2017
One Piece is definitely worth giving a try if you're a fan of Dragon Ball

Its a great story with lots of fun characters, feel good moments, awesome fights and the writer NEVER FORGETS. ANYTHING. Sometimes you wait a few hundred eps for the payoff of a setup and its almost always well executed and gratifying

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
one piece made me forget about dragon ball and has topped it as my favorite anime/manga

thats how good it is

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
We have no idea if the recent problems have been on Funimation. Toei makes some baffling decisions all the time. Like the green tint on the Broly BD.

This low frame rate thing is terrible though. The recent episode was especially bad.

Oct 25, 2017

Well It's most likely not on Toonami's end. So it'll be interesting to see if it's on Funimation or TOEI. But AoT and MHA haven't experiences this so it makes me think it could be a TOEI thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento

Well It's most likely not on Toonami's end. So it'll be interesting to see if it's on Funimation or TOEI. But AoT and MHA haven't experiences this so it makes me think it could be a TOEI thing.

Would be quite the bizarre move, but I wouldn't put it past Toei to ruin the US release somehow

Then again Funi gave us green tint Broly so who knows... still not sure how I'm gonna watch Broly w/o that tint in the US...