• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
original.gif

Embrace the stampede as you wait for super saiyan super God instinct(super saiyan purple) to return

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They will only made DBS anime when the franchise's popularity starts to dwindle a bit again. Otherwise why bother when the merch and video games are selling like hot cakes?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
if the rumors were to be believed my guess is that at some point they decided to wait a bit longer to bring the anime back so they shifted more resources into Stampede in the meantime, I could be wrong of course

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

A lot of big names are, but not all of them, and based on production timelines if Super is in October then that staff would be ready to join Super's production around the completion of episode 7 or so. I was very confused at first when I was told this a few days ago, but it would still work just fine as long as the show starts slow like Super did, or if they start with a retelling of Broly with reused animation from the movie.
Even if at absolute worst some how the large number of confirmed individuals who said that the show was being animated back in March were wrong or the show was temporarily put on hold for other things like Stampde then it's not like we'd have to wait much longer than October, Kitaro will likely end at the end of March so at worst we'd probably just have to wait till April. The show being put on hold would certainly explain why some staff members were MIA for months after Broly and then randomly started showing up on other things a little while ago even though Stampede was (and is) still in production. But that's just some animators (and not all of them) and doesn't explain why so many Toei directors are MIA, at least not yet. If the show was put on hold we might see those MIA directors just randomly start showing up on other shows in a few months and then go MIA again when the show reenters production.
First stop of the DB World Adventure is SDCC and currently it's not promoting anything unlike the North American tour last year. If they don't announce it there then it's probably not coming this year. The last stop is in Japan, but they haven't confirmed when or where, but people presume Jump Festa.

tl:dr; This is weird, but doesn't necessarily mean Super is going to miss October too, however there are some signs the show has been put on hold and we potentially won't see it till April.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the manga, this arc has been paced pretty well but the most recent chapter felt almost pointless, so if this arc suddenly starts to drag on that might be more evidence of the show being put on hold.

EDIT: Just to be safe I should say it's not entirely impossible that Kitaro runs until next June, as there were 2 Kitaro series that were that long, but it's more likely it'll end around episode 100 in March. So I guess the actual worst case scenario is that we have to wait a full year from now for Super's return. The most recent long running Kitaro was 100 episodes even. If it ran past June 2020 that would be pretty unprecedented and we'd probably be back in the situation of Super probably coming back in a different timeslot.

I'm trying to be as transparent as I can on this because I vouched for the original leak and I've honestly been going through different states of confusion as I learn new things. I never would have vouched for it if it wasn't for the fact that it was 10+ people who were confirmed to be who they said they were saying Super was in production, so it's a very odd situation.
2per totally won't have horrible rushed unorganized production guys
It won't. Regardless of what's happening with it right now or when it comes out they won't make a mistake like that again, especially with The Dragon Ball Room and Toei's Dragon Ball planning divisions being a thing now.

Last edited:

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of big names are, but not all of them, and based on production timelines if Super is in October then that staff would be ready to join Super's production around the completion of episode 7 or so. I was very confused at first when I was told this a few days ago, but it would still work just fine as long as the show starts slow like Super did, or if they start with a retelling of Broly with reused animation from the movie.
Even if at absolute worst some how the large number of confirmed individuals who said that the show was being animated back in March were wrong or the show was temporarily put on hold for other things like Stampde then it's not like we'd have to wait much longer than October, Kitaro will likely end at the end of March so at worst we'd probably just have to wait till April. The show being put on hold would certainly explain why some staff members were MIA for months after Broly and then randomly started showing up on other things a little while ago even though Stampede was (as is) still in production. But that's just some animators (and not all of them) and doesn't explain why so many Toei directors are MIA, at least not yet. If the show was put on hold we might see those MIA directors just randomly start showing up on other shows in a few months and then go MIA again when the show reenters production.
First stop of the DB World Adventure is SDCC and currently it's not promoting anything unlike the North American tour last year. If they don't announce it there then it's probably not coming this year. The last stop is in Japan, but they haven't confirmed when or where, but people presume Jump Festa.

tl:dr; This is weird, but doesn't necessarily mean Super is going to miss October too, however there are some signs the show has been put on hold and we potentially won't see it till April.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the manga, this arc has been paced pretty well but the most recent chapter felt almost pointless, so if this arc suddenly starts to drag on that might be more evidence of the show being put on hold.

EDIT: Just to be safe I should say it's not entirely impossible that Kitaro runs until next June, as there were 2 Kitaro series that were that long, but it's more likely it'll end around episode 100 in March. So I guess the actual worst case scenario is that we have to wait a full year from now for Super's return. The most recent long running Kitaro was 100 episodes even. If it ran past June 2020 that would be pretty unprecedented and we'd probably be back in the situation of Super probably coming back in a different timeslot.

I'm trying to be as transparent as I can on this because I vouched for the original leak and I've honestly been going through different states of confusion as I learn new things. I never would have vouched for it if it wasn't for the fact that it was 10+ people who were confirmed to be who they said they were saying Super was in production, so it's a very odd situation.

It won't. Regardless of what's happening with it right now or when it comes out they won't make a mistake like that again, especially with The Dragon Ball Room and Toei's Dragon Ball planning divisions being a thing now.

Always appreciate your info Arched.

I hope we get some news soon, 2uper coming back this year would be great.

Fingers crossed for SDCC I guess.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Done with the speculation, it gets here when it gets here, whatever
That's a totally fair stance to take. It's a very confusing situation that will hopefully be cleared up by Toei themselves before too long.
Even if the show doesn't come till next year it'd be nice of them to at least say something at one of the early stops on the World Tour simply because they've left the fanbase hanging for over a year at this point.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is production was put on hiatus and/or was put full force into another Broly-esque movie which was a huge box office success for TOEI. We are likely to not get a new TV series or a new movie until 2020.

This is why I said in the past to not assume anything especially in a series still in pre-production stages. Literally anything could happen at this point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is production was put on hiatus and/or was put full force into another Broly-esque movie which was a huge box office success for TOEI. We are likely to not get a new TV series or a new movie until 2020.

This is why I said in the past to not assume anything especially in a series still in pre-production stages. Literally anything could happen at this point.
It wasn't in preproduction, it was in production, according to the animators.
The next movie is probably at least 2 years away and Toei can do movies and shows for individual properties at the same time.
If the show was delayed there are many reasons it could have been, the most likely ones being them wanting to make sure the big projects they have going right now don't hurt it (and vice versa) or them not being able to work out a deal for another timeslot and thus having to wait till Kitaro is finished.
Either way when Kitaro ends Toei has to fill that timeslot with another show, and if Dragon Ball isn't back already then there's no reason for it to be anything other than it.

Last edited:

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

Wait, is that an option? I remember asking people why the BoG and Resurrection F arcs didn't reuse movie animation so they could save money or improve the quality of new scenes, and I was told that they couldn't due to licencing issues with Fox.

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it means anything, but the German airing of the series was sped up immensely. The last time they made us wait one year for new episodes (episode 53+ airing now) and a few days ago they announced that the ToP Arc will already air this fall. Maybe Toei was actually waiting until the series has finished airing everywhere before they announce a new season?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it means anything, but the German airing of the series was sped up immensely. The last time they made us wait one year for new episodes (episode 53+ airing now) and a few days ago they announced that the ToP Arc will already air this fall. Maybe Toei was actually waiting until the series has finished airing everywhere before they announce a new season?
Possible, the entire world being at the same point would be a huge deal. Are they going to do 1 episode a week for the ToP?
If they are waiting so they can do simuldubs everywhere I would think they'd announce before everyone was done though.

Last edited:

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
Possible, the entire world being at the same point would be a huge deal. Are they going to do 1 episode a week for the ToP?
If they are waiting so they can do simuldubs everywhere I would think they'd announce before everyone was done though.
Traditionally we get episodes daily in Germany, Monday to Friday. So we should be done in about 2 - 3 months, provided that we really get the whole Arc at once.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm good with Super taking a while to come back, hopefully the long wait means they get better writers and animators next time.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
more time to write scripts means more time to edit and keep things consistent which means better writing

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
What about the dub? I mean, I assume dubbing 5 episodes a week is not exactly feasible...
The ToP should already be dubbed by now or at least close to finished.
Daily episodes only work if there's already lots of material available, so if a new Arc would be aired as simulcast, this wouldn't work anyway. Or what do you mean?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017

Been watching these all month, some reall heavy hitting dissections of the narrative of Dragon Ball

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't tell a specific date, only "Fall". But the rest of the new Anime program (announced at the same event) starts in September. So I'd guess ToP Arc will beginn September/October too. Would also fit nicely with the dubbed DVD/Bluray release of Broly in December.
So it'd be done by the end of the year as long as there are no breaks then?
Even if Germany is the last dub to finish and Super misses October I don't think we'll get it in January. Basically, I think these are the 3 options at this point
Best case scenario - October 2019 for Super 2, new time slot in Japan.
Mid case scenario - April 2020 for Super 2, Kitaro ends around 100 episodes like the last Kitaro series and Super takes that slot.
Worst case scenario - July 2020 for Super 2, Kitaro ends in June, running about as long as the 90s Kitaro series and Super takes that slot.

The reason I don't think January is on the table is because I feel like at that point it's best for them to just wait for Kitaro to end.
April is probably the safest bet, but as we've seen with Super 2 even the safest bets aren't exactly safe, lmao.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
The ToP should already be dubbed by now or at least close to finished.
Daily episodes only work if there's already lots of material available, so if a new Arc would be aired as simulcast, this wouldn't work anyway. Or what do you mean?

I meant, why would the ToP already be dubbed by now? Or do you mean English dubbed? Does Germany not get a German dub?

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
I meant, why would the ToP already be dubbed by now? Or do you mean English dubbed? Does Germany not get a German dub?
We do get a German dub of course. It could very well be that they've wrapped up recording by now or are at least close to. Should easily be doable, considering the series finished its original run over one year ago.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
We do get a German dub of course. It could very well be that they've wrapped up recording by now or are at least close to. Should easily be doable, considering the series finished its original run over one year ago.

Hmmm. The reason why I'm confused is because I actually met Chris Sabat last year and asked him about how long it takes to dub an episode, and according to what he said it takes the majority of a week - they dub one episode each week, and that episode is broadcast in English about a month later. So I'm confused as to how Germany can do 5 dubbed episodes per week unless they started dubbing episodes immediately after their Japanese release for broadcast much later, or they're just way faster at dubbing (or Sabat's Okatron 5000 studio has a bunch of other projects while German DBS has a dedicated studio focused on nothing else).