• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

i present to you super saiyajin 4 kaioken gogeta:xeno

Lol, they are never gonna stop piling up the multipliers cause SSJ5 is never happening.
Done with the speculation, it gets here when it gets here, whatever
Basically yeah. Its ridiculous how we have gone through 7 months of nothing and still thinking its on the horizon, I think 2020 and later is the best bet
The most tragic part of Super getting pushed back is that I really needed something to replace my weekly JoJos. Now I have nothing.
Vinland Saga+Fire Force+Dr. Stone is more than enough for weeklys, and MHA starts in the fall, so there is enough content to get through to 2020.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Can't believe dragon ball returned post end of z With Pan as the main character with Uub and Bra at her side

and this new villian has such an intresting gimmick and motivation with so many cool minions.

Great first episode back

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe dragon ball returned post end of z With Pan as the main character with Uub and Bra at her side

and this new villian has such an intresting gimmick and motivation with so many cool minions.

Great first episode back

JPEG_20190626_161802.jpg

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Just a wonderful season for "insiders" really. Just never trust anything until it's actually announced!

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Heroes continues to be the best DB thing of the month.

Suck it Toyo.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
The manga version of the Champa Saga was decent
As a Piccolo fan this is a hard fucking no. He made him a bitch.

Magetta and Cabba's fights are also boring and Goku vs Hit is inferior to the anime by far. The anime gives Goku a real reason to forfeit while in the manga he could have continued to fight without issues.

And he did have his moments in the Future Trunks Saga.
The only thing he did "better" was the Babidi flashback. Everything else is inferior to the anime.

The ToP arc is just a train wreck from beginning to end.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

Magetta and Cabba's fights are also boring and Goku vs Hit is inferior to the anime by far. The anime gives Goku a real reason to forfeit while in the manga he could have continued to fight without issues.

The only thing he did "better" was the Babidi flashback. Everything else is inferior to the anime.

The ToP arc is just a train wreck from beginning to end.

His version of Goku vs Botamo was definitely better than the anime and Goku's fight with Frost was also very good. Cabba's fight was about the same as the anime version to me. Agree on Magetta and Hit, although the biggest issue I have with that fight is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan having a 90% energy drain that is never mentioned again after that arc. Like, what was Goku and Vegeta doing for three years in the time chamber.

Goku doing Haki was awesome even if it was a complete and utter asspull. That along with Goku actually doing the Evil Containment Wave and him not forgetting the Senzu. Having Zamasu steal and burn the bag as so much better. And speaking of Zamasu, I liked Future Zamasu having Kibito Kai's moveset. Finally, I did enjoy Gowasu trying to talk Black down only to get an energy blade in the gut. One of the few moments Black was actually cool in the manga.

The God of Destruction rumble was good along with Vegeta vs Beerus. After that, however, it was all downhill from there.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
His version of Goku vs Botamo was definitely better than the anime and Goku's fight with Frost was also very good. Cabba's fight was about the same as the anime version to me. Agree on Magetta and Hit, although the biggest issue I have with that fight is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan having a 90% energy drain that is never mentioned again after that arc. Like, what was Goku and Vegeta doing for three years in the time chamber.

Goku doing Haki was awesome even if it was a complete and utter asspull. That along with Goku actually doing the Evil Containment Wave and him not forgetting the Senzu. Having Zamasu steal and burn the bag as so much better. And speaking of Zamasu, I liked Future Zamasu having Kibito Kai's moveset. Finally, I did enjoy Gowasu trying to talk Black down only to get an energy blade in the gut. One of the few moments Black was actually cool in the manga.

The God of Destruction rumble was good along with Vegeta vs Beerus. After that, however, it was all downhill from there.
That damn drain doesn't make any fucking sense whatsoever. Why wasn't that in RoF? Why didn't Black suffer it?

Hakai doesn't even make sense. It appears to be working since Zamasu is forced to use Mai to get free but then the next chapter Beerus says it's useless against immortal beings. Typical Toyo nonsense.

Trunks and Mai doing it is better. I like their speech about Zamasu underestimating mortals.

I like Zamasu better as a shield. Besides he shouldn't be strong enough to paralyze SSG Goku going by Shin barely doing that to Gohan back at the Boo arc. I'll give you him burning the bag of Senzu's.

Gowasu trying to turn Black has to be one of the dumbest moves someone has tried to pull in the series. It makes him look like a fool.

The GoD battle was sadly too short and we barely see them going at it.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
That damn drain doesn't make any fucking sense whatsoever. Why wasn't that in RoF? Why didn't Black suffer it?

Hakai doesn't even make sense. It appears to be working since Zamasu is forced to use Mai to get free but then the next chapter Beerus says it's useless against immortal beings. Typical Toyo nonsense.

Trunks and Mai doing it is better. I like their speech about Zamasu underestimating mortals.

I like Zamasu better as a shield. Besides he shouldn't be strong enough to paralyze SSG Goku going by Shin barely doing that to Gohan back at the Boo arc. I'll give you him burning the bag of Senzu's.

Gowasu trying to turn Black has to be one of the dumbest moves someone has tried to pull in the series. It makes him look like a fool.

The GoD battle was sadly too short and we barely see them going at it.

In some fairness, Toyo skipped Resurrection 'F', but the drain was still really stupid and seem to only exists to explain why Vegeta lost to Hit instead of Hit just kicking Vegeta's ass.

While it was cool, Trunks learning and using the Evil Containment Wave in less than a minute was forced. Funny given how he learned it, but still force. That speech from Zamasu would have worked even it was Goku who did the Evil Containment Wave on him.

It could be Zamasu himself didn't know it wouldn't work. Merged Zamasu in the manga was kinda an idiot who didn't even know his own Fusion would last an hour and then wasted so much time that he failed to kill Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks in an hour.

He could have done both. Give him Kibito Kai's move set and still be Black's meat shield. This isn't one or another. That said, Toyo did gimped Future Zamasu in terms of raw power to the point that he was more of a punching bag than his anime counterpart.

He did it in the anime. The only different was that Goku and Vegeta were there to save his butt in the anime.

Agree on the battle royal with the gods. Toyo could have done so much more with that idea.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
In some fairness, Toyo skipped Resurrection 'F', but the drain was still really stupid and seem to only exists to explain why Vegeta lost to Hit instead of Hit just kicking Vegeta's ass.
It isn't an excuse though. I do agree that the change is only for Vegeta to save face. That's a real problem with Toyo during all the manga.

While it was cool, Trunks learning and using the Evil Containment Wave in less than a minute was forced. Funny given how he learned it, but still force. That speech from Zamasu would have worked even it was Goku who did the Evil Containment Wave on him.
It was more than a minute!/s

I meant more in like the last Earthlings doing it. I just don't like Goku doing everything all the time.

It could be Zamasu himself didn't know it wouldn't work. Merged Zamasu in the manga was kinda an idiot who didn't even know his own Fusion would last an hour and then wasted so much time that he failed to kill Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks in an hour.
But how would he not know it? He should be feeling if it's working.

He did it in the anime. The only different was that Goku and Vegeta were there to save his butt in the anime.
And that's what's dumb. Him going alone to do it is stupid as hell.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
It isn't an excuse though. I do agree that the change is only for Vegeta to save face. That's a real problem with Toyo during all the manga.

It was more than a minute!/s

I meant more in like the last Earthlings doing it. I just don't like Goku doing everything all the time.

But how would he not know it? He should be feeling if it's working.

And that's what's dumb. Him going alone to do it is stupid as hell.

Goku up to that point in that saga didn't really do anything. Trunks did more stuff even up to that point. Even then, Goku practiced the technique for an entire night and he didn't even get to use it.

He probably felt himself being erased and panicked. At least in the manga, Zamasu still feels pain despite being an immortal.

While true, Goku and Vegeta being there was more luck on Gowasu's part. In either case, Gowasu was a moron in both versions and Black sticking his blade into his gut was just powerful. Especially after Black acted like he was going to make amends and it stands out because it's one of the few times manga Black looked cool.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Goku up to that point in that saga didn't really do anything. Trunks did more stuff even up to that point. Even then, Goku practiced the technique for an entire night and he didn't even get to use it.
Not really. He was just as active as Trunks. He went to fight present Zamasu to give an example.

He probably felt himself being erased and panicked. At least in the manga, Zamasu still feels pain despite being an immortal.
But he shouldn't be getting erased. Beerus said he couldn't kill him. It's a plothole/error.

Oct 25, 2017
Goku turning SSB was neat. Zoom in on the eyes as he transforms then zoom out and upwards to his face then really fast and upwards again to the sky

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

He only had one shot at using 100% of his power which is why he held back on transforming for so long and then Hit dodged the attack, so his big strategy for the battle failed. What actually hurts that battle is that Hit apparently also had stamina issues in the manga and couldn't hold full power for long.

But he shouldn't be getting erased. Beerus said he couldn't kill him. It's a plothole/error.
Not really. A powerful enough Kamehameha would blast through him too, but he'd just regenerate afterwards due to his immortality. It doesn't mean the attack would have no effect. We see that he still regenerated the parts destroyed by Hakai. What that means is just that even if he had been 100% reduced to sand he'd still regenerate afterwards due to his immortality.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
He only had one shot at using 100% of his power which is why he held back on transforming for so long and then Hit dodged the attack, so his big strategy for the battle failed. What actually hurts that battle is that Hit apparently also had stamina issues in the manga and couldn't hold full power for long.
And it's dumb. It makes Blue seem way worse of a transformation. Does he lose a considerable % of power right after transforming? That wasn't even implied in RoF (Blue's stamina outlives Golden Freeza's FFS) at all and Black doesn't even suffer this drawback for whatever reason.

It's nonsense.

Not really. A powerful enough Kamehameha would blast through him too, but he'd just regenerate afterwards due to his immortality. It doesn't mean the attack would have no effect. We see that he still regenerated the parts destroyed by Hakai. What that means is just that even if he had been 100% reduced to sand he'd still regenerate afterwards due to his immortality.
Then him using Mai and having that shocked face makes no sense. That scene is presented as him actually dying that he's forced to use a mortal as a shield, an act he repulses and vows to never do again. It just doesn't work with that it's said later on.

Again, it's nonsense.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
And it's dumb. It makes Blue seem way worse of a transformation.

I can see the line of thought behind that. If there's no issue with using Blue, the entire bit with Goku fighting in base in the beginning of the battle (where he directly talks about saving energy by not transforming) just makes no sense and that seems to have come from Toriyama since it was in the anime too - even though the anime took a different route and just ignored that scene afterwards. So, Toyotaro attempted to focus on the whole energy cost issue to go along with that initial set up.

Like I said above, the problem with the battle is actually Toyotaro giving Hit a stamina issue too. That's what makes him underwhelming in the manga during that battle.

Does he lose a considerable % of power right after transforming? That wasn't even implied in RoF (Blue's stamina outlives Golden Freeza's FFS) at all and Black doesn't even suffer this drawback for whatever reason.

It's nonsense.

Yeah, there's actually a detailed explanation in the Trunks arc about how there's a big energy cost right after the transformation, when they're setting up the improved versions of Blue that attempt to eliminate or reduce that cost.

Then him using Mai and having that shocked face makes no sense. That scene is presented as him actually dying that he's forced to use a mortal as a shield, an act he repulses and vows to never do again. It just doesn't work with that it's said later on.

Again, it's nonsense.

You're assuming he knew he could regenerate from that though. We're talking about events that are in consecutive chapters, by the same writer, so there's no reason to assume they were forgotten or don't line up. We see him regenerating from the damage, and in the very next chapter it's outright said that it wouldn't have worked. It's not like it was even half a year later or something. Goku also apparently thought it could have killed him, and yet he was wrong.

Last edited:

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
I can see the line of thought behind that. If there's no issue with using Blue, the entire bit with Goku fighting in base in the beginning of the battle (where he directly talks about saving energy by not transforming) just makes no sense and that seems to have come from Toriyama since it was in the anime too - even though the anime took a different route and just ignored that scene afterwards. So, Toyotaro attempted to focus on the whole energy cost issue to go along with that initial set up.

Like I said above, the problem with the battle is actually Toyotaro giving Hit a stamina issue too. That's what makes him underwhelming in the manga during that battle.

Yeah, there's actually a detailed explanation in the Trunks arc about how there's a big energy cost right after the transformation, when they're setting up the improved versions of Blue that attempt to eliminate or reduce that cost.

You're assuming he knew he could regenerate from that though. We're talking about events that are in consecutive chapters, by the same writer, so there's no reason to assume they were forgotten or don't line up. We see him regenerating from the damage, and in the very next chapter it's outright said that it wouldn't have worked. It's not like it was even half a year later or something. Goku also apparently thought it could have killed him, and yet he was wrong.
You are giving that hack too much credit.