• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
So how far are the international Super dubs by now? The LatAm dub has already aired completely, right? And US dub should be close to finished?

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
lets just watch kitaro and if we watch it evrey week that will take us to super 2

unless a diffrent ip entirely replaces kitaro

what do we do of some random anime replaces kitaro that's not dragon ball lol

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So I just caught up and watched the last episode of Heroes.

That episode had no business whatsoever being that good, what the hell...

That was better than a lot of Super. lol

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Super late on this, but the animation on Super Dragon Ball Heroes Episode 13? Actually kinda nice!

The Goku x Hearts battle had some pretty cool shots, moves, intensity (in the sense that the attacks felt "meaty" per say) and some dope animation to go with it. Actually kinda impressed, since the first few episodes were poor in every sense of the word. Granted the "story" is still nuts, but if a future series could achieve that sort of animation more consistently (just like the final fights of Super) we'd be in for a treat.

Edit:

So I just caught up and watched the last episode of Heroes.

That episode had no business whatsoever being that good, what the hell...

That was better than a lot of Super. lol

In short, this yeah lol

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Broly movie seems so long ago... It's tragic that they're letting the "new" Shintani artstyle lay dormant like that after it made such a striking entrance.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
wait

I got it

Cross Epoch 2 OVA

Shida does a scene where Ginyu Force fights Germa 66

THIS SHIT WRITES ITSELF

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see a modern version of Cross Epoch with all the new characters in both series set in that universe.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
And the Heroes anime is back to looking mediocre as fuck. It was nice while it lasted.
The next two or three episodes are presumably the last ones of this arc (and maybe the series) based on when the arc is ending in the game, so hopefully those look nice.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So since Heroes was a bust this time how about some manga wishes/speculation. Since we're leaving Namek and Moro has henchmen I hope this leads to more characters getting involved. Piccolo especially makes a lot of sense, I'm sure he'd want some payback for what they did to Namek.
There was this panel in the last chapter:
unknown.png

And These characters have pretty distinct designs and none of them took part in the battle on Namek, with the exception of the lead dude (Saganbo) who jumped in at the end when the generic prisoners were jobbing. Hopefully these are actual named henchmen in the vein of Zarbon, Dodoria and the Ginyu Force. If more characters get involved it would be nice for them to fight actual named henchmen instead of nameless jobbers. More Namek arc, less F arc.

the poat credits of the last episode of heroes will announce 2uper
lol

Oct 25, 2017
So since Heroes was a bust this time how about some manga wishes/speculation. Since we're leaving Namek and Moro has henchmen I hope this leads to more characters getting involved. Piccolo especially makes a lot of sense, I'm sure he'd want some payback for what they did to Namek.
unknown.png

And These characters have pretty distinct designs and none of them took part in the battle on Namek, with the exception of the lead dude (Saganbo) who jumped in at the end when the generic prisoners were jobbing. Hopefully these are actual named henchmen in the vein of Zarbon, Dodoria and the Ginyu Force. If more characters get involved it would be nice for them to fight actual named henchmen instead of nameless jobbers. More Namek arc, less F arc.

lol
Discount Hit and Magetta in there. That's full of Toyotaro designs alright.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
The second they mentioned universe 6 and 7 are twin universes, it made character design so much easier.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know the point of the Heroes anime is to keep advertising new cards each episode so characters keep getting new forms and stuff but it feels almost like a parody at this point. How are they supposed to wrap all this up lol

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if 17 and 18 would be able to just wreck Moro

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I know the point of the Heroes anime is to keep advertising new cards each episode so characters keep getting new forms and stuff but it feels almost like a parody at this point. How are they supposed to wrap all this up lol

The evil threat is vanquished. Peace awaits until the next one and the next card set.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Sorry but none of the art in those episodes looks funky. It's a blessing compared to what we had to endure with super until we reached the universe tournament. Even the Zamasu episodes mostly looked awkward.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
In other news, Toei financial results.

DB being down outside of Japan really shows how important the video games are to the franchise.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
unknown.png

That's more women villains than

I want to say all of Dragon Ball and Z

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I finally finished DBZ a few days ago, about 15 years after starting it lol (wtf was that ending...) and seen all the movies up to Bio Broly. I think there's 3 more of those but then not sure if I want to bother with GT or just move straight onto Super

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I finally finished DBZ a few days ago, about 15 years after starting it lol (wtf was that ending...) and seen all the movies up to Bio Broly. I think there's 3 more of those but then not sure if I want to bother with GT or just move straight onto Super
Unless you're just following production order there's no reason watch GT before Super. They're completely unrelated. GT takes place after the point where Super takes place, but everything Super introduces is basically incompatible with GT (Super takes place during the 10 years timeskip before the final few episodes of Z, while GT takes place 5 years later).

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. Even if it's like a year away still you'd think they'd announce it anyways to let people know, plenty of studios do that.
A year away?!? I thought it was supposed to be coming in October. :\

But yeah, it's wild that, despite how immensely successful the show, movie, and overall brand are, Toei has been absolutely silent on when the show is continuing.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

lol
As horrendous as the manga is, I have to give that hack at least some small credit. Including a U7 Metal Man is good and he looks alright.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Finished all the DBZ movies, now on to GT. Most of them were pretty forgettable, I'd say Battle of Gods was probably my favorite of them.

Ressurection F was pretty lame, the way blue super saiyan was introduced was really underwhelming, not sure if it's any better in Super. I also hate them turning Gohan into the new Yamcha after Buu

Last edited:

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Latest chapter was a bit...nyaa...again. Like why does Goku go from God to SSJ3? Why does Vegeta want to go to Yardrat at all? At least Moro absorbing their Ki is a great way to let them get fucked up by small flys