• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Cool thing alert: Chikashi Kubota is releasing a Dragon Ball art book. Is this even technically official? Or allowed? I've never seen a key animator release his own book like this:

Kubota did WORK on DBS Broly, lots of the Gogeta stuff was him:

And this GOAT tier shot of Broly as well:

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Cool thing alert: Chikashi Kubota is releasing a Dragon Ball art book. Is this even technically official? Or allowed? I've never seen a key animator release his own book like this:

Kubota did WORK on DBS Broly, lots of the Gogeta stuff was him:

And this GOAT tier shot of Broly as well:

It's an unofficial fanart book basically, and yeah, it's allowed. This is actually a fairly common thing.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I've never seen an artist who actually worked in an official capacity on the franchise release their own unofficial DB art book. I'm probably going to pick this up.
I don't know how much it's happened with DB, I just mean anime in general, animators will sometimes release artbooks for series they have worked on.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
does anyone know the name of the track that plays when Goku and Vegeta fuse into Vegetto during the goku black arc?

been in my head for the better part of the hour but i don't remember the name

e: ok wait this isn't when the theme plays. it's similar to that theme but different. fuck i have no idea how to find this song!!

Last edited:

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How frustrating. I mean I'd rather they not rush the show into production and then spend a couple years just trying to right the ship again, but a nearly two-year gap at minimum between seasons seems...excessive!

Maybe the long wait will let them release the superior dub versions at the same time everywhere now.

Nov 11, 2017
does anyone know the name of the track that plays when Goku and Vegeta fuse into Vegetto during the goku black arc?

been in my head for the better part of the hour but i don't remember the name

e: ok wait this isn't when the theme plays. it's similar to that theme but different. fuck i have no idea how to find this song!!
Its probably one of these

genjiZERO

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Richmond
You know it struck me the other day that the voice actors must all be really getting old now. I knew that Hiromi Tusru (Bulma) had died, but I just discovered that Ishizuka Unshi (Mr Satan) died about a year ago. RIP to both of them. Joji Yanami (Kai-o) is 87 and has well known health issues. I also didn't know that Masako Nozawa (Goku) is 82 which kinda blows my mind. Toshio Furukawa (Piccolo) is 73, Ryo Horikawa (Vegeta) is 61, and Ryusei Nakao (Freeza) is 68....

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
You know it struck me the other day that the voice actors must all be really getting old now. I knew that Hiromi Tusru (Bulma) had died, but I just discovered that Ishizuka Unshi (Mr Satan) died about a year ago. RIP to both of them. Joji Yanami (Kai-o) is 87 and has well known health issues. I also didn't know that Masako Nozawa (Goku) is 82 which kinda blows my mind. Toshio Furukawa (Piccolo) is 73, Ryo Horikawa (Vegeta) is 61, and Ryusei Nakao (Freeza) is 68....
Yanami was replaced pretty early in Super by Naoki Tatsuta

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Some Dragon Ball stuff from V-Jump
Without getting into any spoilers, my prayers were answered and that group shot of prisoners were indeed actual characters.
DBZ Kakarot offically confirmed to have Androids and Cell arcs, Future Trunks and Cell Games Gohan are playable. Driving Test filler mini game. New story between Gohan and 16. New original character, a woman from the same race as Jeice who was kicked out of the Ginyu Force because her pose sucked.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Without getting into any spoilers, my prayers were answered and that group shot of prisoners were indeed actual characters.
DBZ Kakarot offically confirmed to have Androids and Cell arcs, Future Trunks and Cell Games Gohan are playable. Driving Test filler mini game. New story between Gohan and 16. New original character, a woman from the same race as Jeice who was kicked out of the Ginyu Force because her pose sucked.

I am all about all of this. Hope the OC is as ocker Aussie as you can get.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Schemmel said Kakarot goes all the way through the Buu arc, so that will probably be a reveal in the next couple months. I'm curious if they might include some of the movies as side quests or DLC, and in particular I'm curious what they might do with BoG and F since those are both technically Z. Personally if it was my choice I'd put a good chunk of the Z movies in the base game as side stories, particularly the ones that fit in at least fairly well. Do the rest, with the exception of BoG and F, as DLC and then have Beerus be a sequel hook stinger at the end of the credits and start the sequel with BoG.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Cant wait for Kakarot, it looks the first high budget, high quality Dragon Ball game in a long time (ever?) And the developers are perfect fit
Hehehe new Ginyu Force
Schemmel said Kakarot goes all the way through the Buu arc, so that will probably be a reveal in the next couple months. I'm curious if they might include some of the movies as side quests or DLC, and in particular I'm curious what they might do with BoG and F since those are both technically Z. Personally if it was my choice I'd put a good chunk of the Z movies in the base game as side stories, particularly the ones that fit in at least fairly well. Do the rest, with the exception of BoG and F, as DLC and then have Beerus be a sequel hook stinger at the end of the credits and start the sequel with BoG.

Maybe a thing or two but those aren't Z anymore imo, since these arcs were incorporated into Super, the tone, art, characters fit more into Super, Z was used as marketing

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally in for a Super game like this.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
People have talked about fixing the buu arc

one thing not talked about much is the tournament itself

id change it so that the tournament actually goes to the end

And instead of spovich and Yamu
Dabura is in the tournament working for badidi
ends with Gohan beating dabura
while Gohan is celebrating his victory dabura reveals he works for babidi and they were stealing evreyone energy the entire time and escapes.

Oct 27, 2017
People have talked about fixing the buu arc

one thing not talked about much is the tournament itself

id change it so that the tournament actually goes to the end

And instead of spovich and Yamu
Dabura is in the tournament working for badidi
ends with Gohan beating dabura
while Gohan is celebrating his victory dabura reveals he works for babidi and they were stealing evreyone energy the entire time and escapes.

Anything where Dabura does more than die is a welcome change

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
1. Krillin vs. Pintar
2. Piccolo ("Ma Junior") vs. Shin
3. Videl vs. Dabura
4. Gohan (Great Saiyaman) vs. Kibito
5. Mr. Satan vs. Android 18
6. Goku vs. Vegeta
7. Mighty Mask vs. pui pui
8. Jewel vs. 17

goku vs Gohan
piccolo vs krillin
18 vs mighty mask
17 vs dabura

Gohan vs 18
dabura vs piccolo

dabura vs Gohan
Gohan wins

all the adult sayians follow the no super sayian rule
until the final where Gohan does go ss2 to fight dabura

goku heats vegeta with the Kaio-ken, Vegeta is surprisingly not mad and jokingly says he will get a real fight later

Gohan beats goku by learning the Kaio-ken on the fly mid battle

17 is apart of this arc now

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
New manga chapter is out. It's okay, doesn't really push the story forward much at all though.
HOWEVER
We now have a set up for Earth's warriors vs Moro's gang, which is exciting.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol Vegeta:

NgiDCtY.png

60Z2QnN.png

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Literally the panel after that. The guy is admitting he needs something else, it's character development.

Oh please, it's literally been a chapter, with his excuse for leaving in the first place is to play coy and randomly tell Goku to fuck off, all while stating that he doesn't need to rely on stuff like that. Even though the only reason one would go to Yardrat is to obviously learn a "parlor trick". Then lo and behold, that's why he's going there.

Of course I'd find that funny lol

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Oh please, it's literally been a chapter, with his excuse for leaving in the first place is to play coy and randomly tell Goku to fuck off, all while stating that he doesn't need to rely on stuff like that. Even though the only reason one would go to Yardrat is to obviously learn a "parlor trick". Then lo and behold, that's why he's going there.

Of course I'd find that funny lol
Yes, Vegeta acting proud and like a dick to Goku, while out of sight decides to come back on his word and swallow said pride. That is character development, at least a step for Vegeta.

If you find that funny, you do you of course.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Character development he already had back in the Buu arc and BoG.

Vegeta doing 5 steps back and then 2 forward is not "Character development"

Oct 25, 2017
The latest manga arc is just spinning it's wheels too much for me at the moment. Toyotaro writing style is just too dry and Moro is fairly boring outside of his abilities.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The latest manga arc is just spinning it's wheels too much for me at the moment. Toyotaro writing style is just too dry and Moro is fairly boring outside of his abilities.
I really feel this arc was originally planned to end earlier to coincide with the anime coming back, but with that being delayed Toyo had to scramble to fill time. Hopefully when all is said and done the arc still lands on its feet.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Merus. Dude reminds me of a fanmade Future Trunks, I can't stand characters like that lol.

I'm excited about Earth's warriors doing stuff. Ready for that Gohan, Piccolo, Goten and Trunks hype.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have much of a problem with Merus, it seems his thing is just that he's super fast, not that he's anywhere near as strong as Goku. He can't even fly or use ki.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Merus is doing the same thing Roshi is doing. The principle behind ui

Edit:

Toyo is just connecting the Popo training with UI, thats why Roshi and Merus can do it too.

c57C3O9.png

eaP258F.png

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's kind of odd that Toyotaro had Goku dismissing UI as a shortcut to write it off in the beginning of the arc (which was always dumb considering how the manga built up and introduced it as the culmination of everything Goku learned from his past masters) and now he's seemingly trying to attain it again. That does make me think something changed behind the scenes.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
It's kind of odd that Toyotaro had Goku dismissing UI as a shortcut to write it off in the beginning of the arc (which was always dumb considering how the manga built up and introduced it as the culmination of everything Goku learned from his past masters) and now he's seemingly trying to attain it again. That does make me think something changed behind the scenes.

the whole UI thing just feels like usual Toyo writing, same as his Vegeta.
flip flopping around.