• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
havent read the chapter yet but meh if the arc was actually palnned to have already ended then it was uninteresting from the start

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Merus is doing the same thing Roshi is doing. The principle behind ui

Edit:

Toyo is just connecting the Popo training with UI, thats why Roshi and Merus can do it too.

c57C3O9.png

eaP258F.png

Aw, we have to be reminded of this stupidity where Goku regressed as a martial artist to relearn lessons from Dragon Ball.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
lol

Seriously though, Toyo's Goku is a gross misunderstanding of the character to the nth degree.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Lol I was thinking how they make up additional backstory and explanations for stuff, but that was more true for DB and DBZ than Super to be honest

Well, they do make up a lot of additional information since Toriyama doesn't give it to them like almost all the fighters from the TOP. So I get your point. Toyo also does that......but he kinda sucks at it.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Imagine if goku said no to 8.

Also this chapter was real good. Earth time boiz
If this arc ever makes it to the anime (whenever they decide to grace us with it again...) I'd love it if they made the "Vegeta & Goku Space Cop Adventures" segment a bit longer. A mini-arc of sorts with them just helping out around the Universe and getting to know the various planets/races that make up Universe 7.

Pipe dream, I know.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

Man, this game keeps getting hype for me. The Cell cutscene at the end is fantastic, even taking into account the limitations & differences caused by being a game!

-----------

That said............... the combat does look a bit.....braindead. Like, it seems all you do to avoid the ki blasts from your opponents is just kinda slide to either side or go up and down.. :/

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
My guess on the Earth fighters who will fight the Prisoner army before Goku and Vegeta get back/while those two fight Moro.

Literally just the ToP team minus Goku, Vegeta and Freeza. No kids, no Yamcha, no Chaotzu, no Videl.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Strange line of figures. Goku vs Jiren is based on a manga panel, but Goku is in Omen instead of full UI, Goku and Freeza is from the anime, Black is from a manga panel but he has the time ring, which he didn't have in the manga and then the Jiren and Roshi one is just straight up from the manga.
I kind of want the Jiren and Roshi one because it's hilarious, even though it's from a chapter I hate with a passion.
69000083-2826076164072407-7984272112237936640-o.jpg

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Strange line of figures. Goku vs Jiren is based on a manga panel, but Goku is in Omen instead of full UI, Goku and Freeza is from the anime, Black is from a manga panel but he has the time ring, which he didn't have in the manga and then the Jiren and Roshi one is just straight up from the manga.
I kind of want the Jiren and Roshi one because it's hilarious, even though it's from a chapter I hate with a passion.
69000083-2826076164072407-7984272112237936640-o.jpg
Huh. They don't regularly do figures based on the manga, do they?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get some Hit from this line since he is severely underrepresented in figures.
Just don't do the skirtless thing from the manga please....
But, they made the scene be with the forms as presented in the Anime, rather than the manga.
Yeah, and like I said the Black one has the Time Ring even though he didn't have that in the manga and the figure is based on a manga panel. So we have one figure that is 100% anime, one that is 100% manga and 2 that are weird mixes. I wonder if that will be theme with this line.
That was like the one thing I liked. But if you make a figure out of it, it should be Roshi dodging bum ass Jiren.
Nah, they picked the right part to make a figure of.

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about underrepresented, are there any nice figures of Roshi on his ToP design, besides that one with Jiren in this new line?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Neat, they had Fenyo redraw some of the Yam Bluray covers for Super and GT.
ECsxMKUUwAAjotE

ECsw8sWUUAEmz8I

I hope we get high res versions of these soon, they are a massive improvement.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Why do they even keep him? His drawing skills have become awful.

It's a respect thing. He's been the lead character designer for DBZ since 1993, and worked in the industry even longer. They aren't just going to bring him into a room one day and say "You suck now, get out"

That said... they finally seem to be phasing him out in favor of Shintani. That Broly movie looking the way it did was huge and it feels like we're finally moving on from Yams style as the main style for Dragon Ball going forward. Though he continues to draw shit like blu ray covers, and Heroes is all him, so it's more of a gradual shift towards the new style.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My guess on the Earth fighters who will fight the Prisoner army before Goku and Vegeta get back/while those two fight Moro.

Literally just the ToP team minus Goku, Vegeta and Freeza. No kids, no Yamcha, no Chaotzu, no Videl.

If it's Toyotaro choosing the team I could see him going with the kids rather than the humans. It really didn't feel like he had any interest in Kuririn and Tenshinhan in the ToP (even 18 got to knock out some random characters in the beginning even if she was pointless afterwards, while he didn't even bother with that for the humans), and I doubt we'll see the whole Roshi UI plot ever going forward since it'd be way too big of an addition (unless Toriyama really liked it).

Last edited:

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
knEgSZr.png

This one is a bit weird (he looks like he did Fusion with the Flying Nimbus) but overall they're a huge improvement