• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I really have no idea what's supposed to be so bad about this:

tdw0yy5sy1m31.jpg

Simple & clean. Also orange!

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
The pose is alright on the Fighterz cover, just the usual bad promo artist art makes it look bad.

it's strange why they always use bad promo artist on the covers for the video games.

they really should have used the artist they have in the game to do the cover:
D8qJW5KXoAATYtN.jpg

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Vegeta looks like he has a giant hunchback in that Toyotaro art lol. I know it's supposed to be his shoulder, but that perspective is fucked up.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

accurate

we really haven't got shit since december besides 10 minute, low quality fan fiction tier episodes of heroes and poor toyo-chan having to stretch his filler story arc worse than the anatomy of his characters

what were they thinking

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
This wait for 2uper has been quite demoralizing. I'd rather they take their time and prepare a good show with a decent schedule to work on the actual episodes, but at least throw us a bone or something...

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
This wait for 2uper has been quite demoralizing. I'd rather they take their time and prepare a good show with a decent schedule to work on the actual episodes, but at least throw us a bone or something...
Sadly we'll probably be waiting at least another 3-4 months before we even get an announcement, and that's assuming that we're lucky and the show even comes back in April. It's a shame that Toei likes to announce stuff so close to release anymore.
I wonder what Toonami will do for Super's slot while waiting for season 2 after the dub of season 1 finishes in October, put a different show there? DB reruns to hold the slot? I'm gonna guess they'll have something else open the block (MHA?) and have DB reruns after that and then when they have Season 2 they'll move things around and have it open Toonami.

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly we'll probably be waiting at least another 3-4 months before we even get an announcement, and that's assuming that we're lucky and the show even comes back in April. It's a shame that Toei likes to announce stuff so close to release anymore.
I wonder what Toonami will do for Super's slot while waiting for season 2 after the dub of season 1 finishes in October, put a different show there? DB reruns to hold the slot? I'm gonna guess they'll have something else open the block (MHA?) and have DB reruns after that and then when they have Season 2 they'll move things around and have it open Toonami.
Super I'm guessing will stick around at some slot though i'm not sure where

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Just play the baseball episode nonstop until 2uper arrives!

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
now molded in plastic, instead of just 3D renders.
EEU_PSQUUAA2IZK
EEU_PRNUUAETsYm

EEU_PvCUEAEdmP0
EEU_Ow_UUAU-pUp

These look really good for $10 4-ish inch figures.
I think I might get all of them but the last one, Freeza's face just ain't doin it for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
That's a weird way of spelling "chump" but okay :P

Satan at least has an eye for (shady) business, Yamcha just kinda...... exists I guess? lol
The thing is Yamcha used to be a baseball player and yet now he lives in a crack den... so what happened?
I head canon that there was a huge scandal that makes it impossible for him to become famous (again?).

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
This really shouldn't be a surprised. Roshi knew bootleg UI, so why wouldn't a random patrol man know UI.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Monthly reminder that Meerus is just really fast, he's not God level in strength and can't even fly or use Ki blasts. Merus knowing about a certain thing doesn't mean he knows how to use it.

Anyways, chapter seems like it might be decent, not passing judgement till I can actually read it myself, and I won't be passing judgement on the new thing until we see what it can really do.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Monthly reminder that Meerus is just really fast, he's not God level in strength and can't even fly or use Ki blasts. Merus knowing about a certain thing doesn't mean he knows how to use it.

Anyways, chapter seems like it might be decent, not passing judgement till I can actually read it myself, and I won't be passing judgement on the new thing until we see what it can really do.

Also a reminder that strength and speed in Dragon Ball are often together as noted by Vegeta when he fought Cui. Which is why UI Roshi flexing Jiren never made sense. That and strength and not being able to fly or used ki blasts are not hand to hand seeing how Magetta can't fly or used Ki blast, but can tank attacks from Super Saiyan Vegeta and lava spit that can pushed back the Final Flash even for a moment.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
We've had multiple characters who are faster than they are strong. This isn't the same as the Roshi thing.

It kinda is when Meerus is able to dodged a person who threw around Super Saiyan God Vegeta when he was old and crippled. Meaning that Meerus is faster than Super Saiyan God Vegeta at the very least since he dodged a Moro who had his power restored and was eating a planet.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It kinda is when Meerus is able to dodged a person who threw around Super Saiyan God Vegeta when he was old and crippled. Meaning that Meerus is faster than Super Saiyan God Vegeta at the very least since he dodged a Moro who had his power restored and was eating a planet.
So what? He's just fast.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Compared to the God tier characters Dyspo was actually pretty week.

He actually wasn't that weak since he took several body shots from Hit that floored Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta, and Hit was even stronger than he was when he fought Vegeta. And Hit himself while weaker than Goku and Vegeta in pure power is hardly a weakling on the god scale. Dypso also took attacks from Golden Frieza before he powered up, the same Golden Frieza who tied with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku before the tournament.

Speed may have let him hit harder, but speed wouldn't have raised Dypso's endurance to take several attacks from Hit and not be floored like Vegeta was (remember, Vegeta was knocked unconscious fighting a weaker Hit while Dypso was still able to talk and be defiant).

So while Dypso's power to speed was uneven, it was nowhere near as uneven like Meerus.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
He actually wasn't that weak since he took several body shots from Hit that floored Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta, and Hit was even stronger than he was when he fought Vegeta. And Hit himself while weaker than Goku and Vegeta in pure power is hardly a weakling on the god scale. Dypso also took attacks from Golden Frieza before he powered up, the same Golden Frieza who tied with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku before the tournament.

Speed may have let him hit harder, but speed wouldn't have raised Dypso's endurance to take several attacks from Hit and not be floored like Vegeta was (remember, Vegeta was knocked unconscious fighting a weaker Hit while Dypso was still able to talk and be defiant).

So while Dypso's power to speed was uneven, it was nowhere near as uneven like Meerus.
As soon as characters figured out how to deal with his speed he wasn't much of an issue.
Either way, so what? There's nothing wrong with having a character that is super fast but not super strong.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
As soon as characters figured out how to deal with his speed he wasn't much of an issue.
Either way, so what? There's nothing wrong with having a character that is super fast but not super strong.

Yes and no, since the way to deal with his extreme speed was limited as both Gohan and Frieza learned. And that still doesn't disproved my point that Dypso wasn't a weakling on the god scale when he took attacks from Hit and was still conscious when those same attacks completely knocked out Vegeta to the point that he needed a Senzu.

That is the same argument I've seen with UI Roshi and I will give the same reason why I have a problem with this as I did with Roshi. The speed to power ratio is too ridiculous to be taking seriously. You're trying to pushed that someone with an 1 in all stats would have a 15 in speed, which is something Dragon Ball don't usually do since as Vegeta noted, speed and strength are often together and in the exceptions we have seen, the people still had a lot of power, but they also happened to have outrages speed stats.

Not helping that seemingly a random patrolman happens to know a technique of the gods that they struggle with and that's the reason for the crazy speed stats. It honestly reads like a really bad fanfic where the writer gives their OC the special technique of the main characters and is so outrages that even Heroes would blush. The only thing keeping it from being anywhere near as bad as UI Roshi is that we know Roshi and him limits, so him busting out bootleg UI was extremely random.

In fact, I probably would be fine with Meerus just being really, really fast (even if I think it's forced and stupid) if he wasn't for the 'I know UI' angle.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Yes and no, since the way to deal with his extreme speed was limited as both Gohan and Frieza learned. And that still doesn't disproved my point that Dypso wasn't a weakling on the god scale when he took attacks from Hit and was still conscious when those same attacks completely knocked out Vegeta to the point that he needed a Senzu.

That is the same argument I've seen with UI Roshi and I will give the same reason why I have a problem with this as I did with Roshi. The speed to power ratio is too ridiculous to be taking seriously. You're trying to pushed that someone with an 1 in all stats would have a 15 in speed, which is something Dragon Ball don't usually do since as Vegeta noted, speed and strength are often together and in the exceptions we have seen, the people still had a lot of power, but they also happened to have outrages speed stats.

Not helping that seemingly a random patrolman happens to know a technique of the gods that they struggle with and that's the reason for the crazy speed stats. It honestly reads like a really bad fanfic where the writer gives their OC the special technique of the main characters and is so outrages that even Heroes would blush. The only thing keeping it from being anywhere near as bad as UI Roshi is that we know Roshi and him limits, so him busting out bootleg UI was extremely random.
No, Roshi wasn't dodging Jiren because of extreme speed, he was bullshiting UI out of his ass.
There's really nothing wrong with having a comparatively weak character being super fast, Vegeta mentioning that being strong also makes you fast doesn't make Merus a bad character, it's just Vegeta commenting on speed coming with power. Merus is an example that the opposite is not true.

Nothing says Meerus has UI, he just knows of its existence. The balance out his extreme speed Toyo made him not as strong as the other characters and he doesn't even know how to fly or use ki, so it's not like he's a Gary Stu.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
No, Roshi wasn't dodging Jiren because of extreme speed, he was bullshiting UI out of his ass.
There's really nothing wrong with having a comparatively weak character being super fast, Vegeta mentioning that being strong also makes you fast doesn't make Merus a bad character, it's just Vegeta commenting on speed coming with power. Merus is an example that the opposite is not true.

Nothing says Meerus has UI, he just knows of its existence. The balance out his extreme speed Toyo made him not as strong as the other characters and he doesn't even know how to fly or use ki, so it's not like he's a Gary Stu.

Meerus not knowing how to fly or shoot ki isn't that much of a hindrance as you keep making it since we have Magetta who can't do either of those things either.

And I never called him a Gary Stu. I called him a really bad and forced character who seemed to come out of a fanfic since Toyo had to bend the rules of Dragon Ball to the near breaking point to make Meerus even remotely work.

And Meerus even knowing what UI is by name, even if we say he doesn't actually used it, is suspect since in the Dragon Ball world, it seemed not all of the gods knew about since Old Kai didn't when they talked about it in 110, so how would Meerus even know about it? Although, it maybe different in the manga. Also, if Meerus doesn't even know how to used UI, how is he going to teach it Goku, especially better than Whis?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Meerus not knowing how to fly or shoot ki isn't that much of a hindrance as you keep making it since we have Magetta who can't do either of those things either.

And I never called him a Gary Stu. I called him a really bad and forced character who seemed to come out of a fanfic since Toyo had to bend the rules of Dragon Ball to the near breaking point to make Meerus even remotely work.

And Meerus even knowing what UI is by name, even if we say he doesn't actually used it, is suspect since in the Dragon Ball world, it seemed not all of the gods knew about since Old Kai didn't when they talked about it in 110, so how would Meerus even know about it? Although, it maybe different in the manga. Also, if Meerus doesn't even know how to used UI, how is he going to teach it Goku, especially better than Whis?
The inability to fly is a big deal for Magetta, if it weren't for his hard body and his strength he'd be at a massive disadvantage.
There's no rule bending here, just because someone gets faster as they get stronger doesn't mean someone can't just be fast.

The gods often don't know stuff that others do, that is a non issue. How does he know about it? Who knows, maybe we'll find out.
He's not teaching Goku UI, he's trying to help him figure it out, having a fresh perspective could be what Goku needs to figure it out and Merus being crazy fast is a perfect sparring partner to try to figure out UI since it would help him counter him.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Can Toei hurry the fuck up?

I can't stand that the only DB content this month was that hack's manga.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Raw out. Hearing rumors from people saying that Merus said that in the ROSAT he can show his true power against Goku and go all out. He's been holding back.

This dude's a fucking bad character man.