• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
49907455_376426546479266_4133030808632214523_n.jpg

there done we half way there 😂

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I hate this excuse because 1) Goku did actually grow between arcs and 2) Toriyama actually had to fight to age up to an adult at first.
that still looks like a 8 year old, not a 15 year old lol. The point is there was never any logical progression in how characters aged in this show. Gohan was probably the best we got.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Manga Gohan had Kefla on the ropes. Gohan's gonna show up soon wearing a number 23 jersey.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
wild that they suggested getting Tenshinhan and Krillin for help and not the spare fused Super Saiyan 3 they have lol

Well, it's fair to be weary of kids who got everyone eating alive by Super Buu because they thought about a cool fight over killing a monster who smashed one of their fusee's mothers. In comparison, Krillin and Tien has decent records, especially Krillin given the Saiyan and Namek Sagas.

There's really no excuse when Gohan's been on the battlefield since age 5.

Using Gohan isn't the best example when he was literally kidnapped and forced to fight.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Like I said any excuse and plz don't start with the ego stuff when goku,vegeta and gohan on the roster just plz dont

That really isn't an excuse. That is literally what happened. And ego aside: Gotenks still got everyone on the Lookout killed with his stupid actions after one of their mother and father's already died to Buu. That and if you already have people you considered 'undependable, but needed because they're powerful' like Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan, you don't balanced it by bringing even more undependable people.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's fair to be weary of kids who got everyone eating alive by Super Buu because they thought about a cool fight over killing a monster who smashed one of their fusee's mothers. In comparison, Krillin and Tien has decent records, especially Krillin given the Saiyan and Namek Sagas.

But to not even mention them? Krillin and Ten are ants compared to Gotenks lol

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
But to not even mention them? Krillin and Ten are ants compared to Gotenks lol

They were mentioned in Episode 83 when they were choosing team members. As Goku said, it isn't all about power and Goten and Trunks were too green. Like despite Roshi being the weakest on the team, he had one of the best performances in the tournament.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
They were mentioned in Episode 83 when they were choosing team members. As Goku said, it isn't all about power and Goten and Trunks were too green. Like despite Roshi being the weakest on the team, he had one of the best performances in the tournament.
I'm talking about this chapter, when they were discussing who to gather up to fight off the aliens coming to earth

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm talking about this chapter, when they were discussing who to gather up to fight off the aliens coming to earth

Ah, thought we were still talking about the TOP.

My best guess they're just naming people at the moment. That and Toyo is even worse at using Goten and Trunks then even Toei.

Oct 25, 2017
That really isn't an excuse. That is literally what happened. And ego aside: Gotenks still got everyone on the Lookout killed with his stupid actions after one of their mother and father's already died to Buu. That and if you already have people you considered 'undependable, but needed because they're powerful' like Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan, you don't balanced it by bringing even more undependable people.
What did goku, vegeta and gohan go thru after their dumb ego mistakes ? Character development. Not that hard . As predicted don't really feel like going back and forth why they are and are not used. It would be nice to have them in the mix

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
What did goku, vegeta and gohan go thru after their dumb ego mistakes ? Character development. Not that hard . As predicted don't really feel like going back and forth why they are and are not used. It would be nice to have them in the mix
Pretty much. Goten and Trunks never got to finish their character arc.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

Except for the TOP, why would the characters risked character development when their very existence is on the line, especially in a tournament when they wanted people who had skills and good teamwork? At least in the cases where the Saiyans' egos did get them in trouble, the Z-Fighters literally had no choice but to depend on them.

While I can agree that Goten and Trunks could be used more, the TOP wasn't such a case since well.......Gotenks is an idiot and Goten and Trunks hasn't shown any real development as individuals fighters. I mean, Vegeta even called them out on this during the Champa Saga.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Barely even started to be honest

I love Gt

Gt shafted everybody not named goku tho 😂

pan got more growth as a baby in a few episodes of super than goten and trunks got all series
The adventure part of GT was great, it had some nice moments for both Trunks and Pan. Then after that it just becomes really dull due to the execution of some otherwise interesting concepts, although Pan in particular got some shine against the Wind Dragon.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
My thing with Goten and Trunks is they have always been boring as shit to me from the get to but they were created and were major characters at one point. It'd be interesting to actually do something with them given they have little issues getting the humans involved occasionally.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
My thing with Goten and Trunks is they have always been boring as shit to me from the get to but they were created and were major characters at one point. It'd be interesting to actually do something with them given they have little issues getting the humans involved occasionally.
Tenshinhan and Roshi keep being brought along to things, so I don't see why not. Just takes someone actually willing to write roles for them.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018

They are victims of the Buu saga being so directionless.
When everybody was dead or mostly dead and they were the only two left under the tutelage of Piccolo, the only hope, this should have been their moment to shine. But...

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I hate this excuse because 1) Goku did actually grow between arcs and 2) Toriyama actually had to fight to age up to an adult at first.
Goku didn't really get any taller until after he trained with Kami though, no? He was 18 when he fought Piccolo at the Budokai right?

How old are Goten and Trunks?

I do think they should grow though lol

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Goku didn't really get any taller until after he trained with Kami though, no? He was 18 when he fought Piccolo at the Budokai right?

How old are Goten and Trunks?

I do think they should grow though lol

Goku did get a little taller from 12 to 15. Namely, his arms got longer and he lost his pot belly. It's really noticeable if you do a side-by-side.

I always hate the way the discussion in this thread goes towards goten and trunks it's always something.

That's because of how limited Goten and Trunks are as characters gives them a limited pool on what to talk about with them. Well, at least Goten since we can talked about how Trunks acted with his future counterpart.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Oct 25, 2017

Love this video series, almost makes me a bit nostalgic for those days of the Internet
Definitely remember the AF speculation going around my school.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
But it will take most of the production away from 2uper.

This way 2uper will be a true sequel to super. bad production and all!

Super's production was bad because of how rushed it was. If Super have been in production for months or closed to a year depending on the sources, taking some staff isn't going to hurt anything in a major way. Just like One Piece's animation improved for Wano despite them also doing Stampede at the same time.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
But it will take most of the production away from 2uper.

This way 2uper will be a true sequel to super. bad production and all!

Man your avatar reminded me: why can't we have that design? Instead of the stupid looking shit we have now. Especially the hair, when he is not in mystic form. That and the glasses/eyes.

Wish they stuck with the Saiyaman outfit, it's something of his own and looks good (minus the helmet that is).

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Man your avatar reminded me: why can't we have that design? Instead of the stupid looking shit we have now. Especially the hair, when he is not in mystic form. That and the glasses/eyes.

Wish they stuck with the Saiyaman outfit, it's something of his own and looks good (minus the helmet that is).
Saiyaman outfit is a super hero outfit, not a fighting gi.