• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EoZ Goten is one of my favorite designs and he was so short lived, I just wish we could've saw more of him. I also really like Pan's look in Neko Majin.

latest

This... this is the ideal imo

Oct 25, 2017
4234ac79a5ac0f7af83c236c6e376d7d.gif

They should've probably started working on these personalities too btw. So I guess most of the end of z stuff will be scrapped cuz just about nobody really fits but gohan, goku and vegeta. O and pan

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
EoZ Goten is one of my favorite designs and he was so short lived, I just wish we could've saw more of him. I also really like Pan's look in Neko Majin.

latest

This... this is the ideal imo
I also like Uub in that Goku gi, though I hope that they end up giving him Goku's DB gi but with the Go symbol.

They should've probably started working on these personalities too btw. So I guess most of the end of z stuff will be scrapped cuz just about nobody really fits but gohan, goku and vegeta. O and pan
For what it's worth, while it's different from EoZ at least Super ended up having Goten want to train with Goku.

Oct 25, 2017
I also like Uub in that Goku gi, though I hope that they end up giving him Goku's DB gi but with the Go symbol.

For what it's worth, while it's different from EoZ at least Super ended up having Goten want to train with Goku.
Yea exactly that's what I mean that's the positive about it. His personality in eoz wouldn't really fit anymore he been trynna fight the whole time so I'm excited about that

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
They should introduce more DBO stuff.

Give me the Kikoukenjutsu Sword School.
"The Kikoukenjutsu Sword School (気功剣術 Kikōkenjutsu, lit. "Energy Control Fencing") is a martial arts academy reported to have been created and instructed by Trunks and Goten after the events of the original Dragon Ball manga. The school debuts in the computer game Dragon Ball Online, along with Krillin's New Turtle School and Tien Shinhan's New Crane School."

Tien got to have his dbo school, now give us the rest.

INST

Nov 2, 2017
It does when him choosing to wear his dad's colors is a moment of character development. He wore Piccolo's colors for years so shifting to his dad's uniform, whom he admires more than anyone, just feels right.

Hmm, for me I saw that as him honoring his father, just like he indeed kinda did before with Piccolo (taking your masters gi is a thing in the DB world). However, your actions say more than what gi you wear as far as character development goes (yeah I know taking up the mantle etc.). And for that, I just don't care about the orange gi. All it does is remind how he is a much lesser version of Goku and lacking an own identity.

Which is why I love the Saiyaman suit, its entirely his own and differentiates him.

Oct 25, 2017

"The Kikoukenjutsu Sword School (気功剣術 Kikōkenjutsu, lit. "Energy Control Fencing") is a martial arts academy reported to have been created and instructed by Trunks and Goten after the events of the original Dragon Ball manga. The school debuts in the computer game Dragon Ball Online, along with Krillin's New Turtle School and Tien Shinhan's New Crane School."

O shit 👀 go on

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, I'd rather Trunks not become a sword fighter.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Yea exactly that's what I mean that's the positive about it. His personality in eoz wouldn't really fit anymore he been trynna fight the whole time so I'm excited about that

That's because he hasn't discovered women yet in Super.

Honestly, I'd rather Trunks not become a sword fighter.

I really do hate when writers and fans try to make Present Trunks Future Trunks. Please stop it.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
DBO has so much cool stuff in it, to character designs. to fun/interesting lore.

Yeah, I can see why.
But this quote is kinda perfect for both of them:

"Swordmanship is cool, isn't it. Let's set up an awesome school all by ourselves!"

I want Goten to have a hobby away from Trunks.

That and I always found the lore of Dragon Ball Online to be meh. I mean, Uub isn't even mentioned in it.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I can see why.
But this quote is kinda perfect for both of them:

"Swordmanship is cool, isn't it. Let's set up an awesome school all by ourselves!"
I guess at the very least Trunks has now been exposed to Future Trunks so that could lead to him wanting to be a swordsman, but I'd much rather he not.

Oct 25, 2017
He's pretty much given a sword in every media has nothing really to do with fans wanting it. Super made him meet future trunks and grab that lil sword, tapion movie, db heroes, db online, Gt.
They just seem hell bent on he needs a sword so ppl just go with it.

On that note who has the power pole

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
I guess at the very least Trunks has now been exposed to Future Trunks so that could lead to him wanting to be a swordsman, but I'd much rather he not.

well, even if super ever introduced these schools.
In DBO the school is made after age 804. After Goku is dead.

They would be a lot older.

Krillin starting his own turtle school would be pretty cool to see tbh.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
He's pretty much given a sword in every media has nothing really to do with fans wanting it. Super made him meet future trunks and grab that lil sword, tapion movie, db heroes, db online, Gt.

It's still connected to the Lookout.

well, even if super ever introduced these schools.
In DBO the school is made after age 804. After Goku is dead.

They would be a lot older.

Krillin starting his own turtle school would be pretty cool to see tbh.

Online also claimed Goku was dying of old age in his 60s.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Well GT only had him use a sword like once though, right?

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I think it was like a arc or something can't remember
dvd_gt_trunks_op01_scrn07.jpg

Kid-Trunks-with-Sword-trunks-18820686-850-627.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

That was an intro to a game, he never used a sword in GT as far as I remembered. That and the toy sword was meant to be a nod to Future Trunks who was coming back. Movie 13 was some weird way to explain Future Trunks' sword, that never made sense.

Yeah and?

I'm not saying to introduce everything from dbo. Just the fun/interesting stuff.

Like Gohan's ki book.

I was mostly pointing out that Online had Goku and Vegeta die at a laughably young age.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
That was an intro to a game, he never used a sword in GT as far as I remembered. That and the toy sword was meant to be a nod to Future Trunks who was coming back. Movie 13 was some weird way to explain Future Trunks' sword, that never made sense.

I was mostly pointing out that Online had Goku and Vegeta die at a laughably young age.

ooh, I see.

Well it's said they went into space and then a supernova was seen and after that there gone lol.

Also, that picture is not from the Final Bout opening.
Trunk's doesn't wear his jacket there.

Edit: It's from GT's opening.
unknown.png

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
It's from the opening I think but he uses the sword a couple times throughout Gt anyway

I can't remember, but the wiki says this: The sword is seen during the opening credits of Dragon Ball GT. It is used sporadically by Trunks during his, Goku's , and Pan's adventures in space.

Then again, the wiki is total trash so idk.

Can't wait when the kanzenshuu wiki is done.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
This isn't a big deal, but there was something on my mind. Do you guys think it would have been a better idea - in terms of things like visuals, story and marketing - to have Gogeta go Super Saiyan God in the Broly movie rather than Blue? Partly because I feel it would be more visually striking and would further differentiate him from Vegito Blue, and partly because after Blue made Vegito defuse in 8 minutes, I feel like God would make more sense for Gogeta.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I just wish God was just a one time thing for BOG movie and Blue should have been the mastered form of that. I just wish it would go away since it's fairly redundant to keep coming back up when Blue and now Ultra Instinct exists.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i really hope Goku doesn't learn how to use ultra instinct at will yet

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
the kanzenshuu wiki has been in the works for at LEAST 10 years

gotta have all those individual v jump issues entered and correct table of contents filed

IF THEY DON'T DO IT WHO WILL?

Oct 25, 2017
Would be cool if UI is the be all end all transformation considering what it's based off of but it's dragon ball so it won't be

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a big deal, but there was something on my mind. Do you guys think it would have been a better idea - in terms of things like visuals, story and marketing - to have Gogeta go Super Saiyan God in the Broly movie rather than Blue? Partly because I feel it would be more visually striking and would further differentiate him from Vegito Blue, and partly because after Blue made Vegito defuse in 8 minutes, I feel like God would make more sense for Gogeta.

No because Blue is cooler and stronger, and I don't wanna deal with wondering why the hell he didn't go Blue

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it would've sent a weirder message. Like, oh he didn't go all out? Then again Gogeta and Vegetto didn't use SS2 and 3 in their first appearances so maybe fans would've been cool with it.

Honestly, I just wish God was just a one time thing for BOG movie and Blue should have been the mastered form of that. I just wish it would go away since it's fairly redundant to keep coming back up when Blue and now Ultra Instinct exists.
Agreed, and I like SSG. But Goku having like 6 forms he has to cycle through is so silly. Blue was such a perfect opportunity to consolidate everything. I liked how RoF handled it.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I think he might figure out how to use Omen for short periods of time and that's it for right now.

I mean Jiren was already fast and strong enough to go toe to toe with Goku in full UI.

The way it was portrayed, once you figured out how UI works, Goku shouldn't need to go Omen at all since the entire form is an incomplete version based on Goku thinking before he attacks.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
No because Blue is cooler and stronger, and I don't wanna deal with wondering why the hell he didn't go Blue
I think it would've sent a weirder message. Like, oh he didn't go all out? Then again Gogeta and Vegetto didn't use SS2 and 3 in their first appearances so maybe fans would've been cool with it.

Agreed, and I like SSG. But Goku having like 6 forms he has to cycle through is so silly. Blue was such a perfect opportunity to consolidate everything. I liked how RoF handled it.

Ehhh, I like Super Saiyan God, partly because I do think it looks cooler than Blue, but also because I appreciate the niche it's recently been given as this more lean, efficient, speedy/tactical form as opposed to the more stamina-draining raw power of Blue, and I do think it's more fitting for Gogeta to only use as much power as needed to avoid defusing too fast. God is stronger than regular Super Saiyan, and that's all I thought he needed.

Honestly, much of this was about Gogeta coming out in Fighterz today, and I would've liked the game getting its first God rather than its fourth Blue. I guess I'm just a bigger fan of there being multiple transformations for different situations than others are.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

BOY

IF ONLY THEY JUST SCRAPPED THE CG ALTOGETHER

(god i love broly but if the cg shit was gone it would be perfect)

also I'm putting together a Gogeta side by side comparison for Dragon Ball FighterZ... this might be the best DLC yet. It's fucking beautiful, friends. That character was put on this earth to be playable in a flashy fighting game.

Oct 25, 2017

BOY

IF ONLY THEY JUST SCRAPPED THE CG ALTOGETHER

(god i love broly but if the cg shit was gone it would be perfect)

also I'm putting together a Gogeta side by side comparison for Dragon Ball FighterZ... this might be the best DLC yet. It's fucking beautiful, friends. That character was put on this earth to be playable in a flashy fighting game.

Why the fuck is Gogeta as tall as Shaquille O'Neal in dbfz

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I was looking at the interview given before Super ended and there was a part that I actually overlooked about Jiren:

Were Universe 11's Pride Troopers part of Toriyama-sensei's designs?

Nakamura: They weren't in his designs, but since Jiren and co. all wore the same red and black suits, he allowed us to flesh it out like that.

Takami: In sensei's initial rough draft, there was no information indicating Jiren's personality. Since the tough opponents in Dragon Ball Super up until then had been nihilistic, cool characters like Hit or Zamasu, we thought it might be best to make Jiren very talkative, so we came up with the background of him being a hero of justice. Jiren was central to this squadron of heroes.

Nakamura: When we suggested that to Toriyama-sensei, he replied that "Jiren is a character who doesn't speak." It was then that Toriyama-sensei sent us the backstory that his parents and martial arts master had been killed. He said that Jiren was this type of character, in contrast to Hit or Zamasu.

Takami: And so the characterization of Jiren that we originally came up with was passed on to Toppo.

In the manga, it was only said Jiren's master was killed and he wanted to wished him back, basically to pat him on the head. Many said the anime added the parents and I actually agreed, but according to Nakamura, Jiren's parents were killed too, although it doesn't say by the same guy as Jiren's master. So Toyo actually redacting information from Jiren's backstory.