• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Frieza obviously thinks he's going to easily win the roasting tournament, until he finds out that he's not allowed to use the word "monkeys" per the rules.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I know people will hate this idea but I unironically want to see a pro wrestling arc for Dragon Ball with Goku and Vegeta operating as a tag team with Ki banned from the tournament.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
We need a mini series of Hit getting his soul back
tumblr_oyap2sCTcZ1wdgt9zo1_400.gifv

there's no recovering from this

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
I liked chapter 54.

I thought the Gohan fight was pretty good, with some nice paneling.

What I'm annoyed at is that Toyo keeps reusing the: "Heroes drained and the villains go away story beat."
This is like the 3rd time it has happened this arc.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Really liked that chapter, I'm shocked at how many fights I actually want to see animated are in this arc. Surprised the heroes get 2 months to prepare this time, wonder if the Earth fighters will get any new tricks from training in that time.
I fully expect Moro and the Prisoners to show up a little early giving us a big Earth vs Prisoners fight before Goku and Vegeta show up for the main event.
Krillin not getting more action on screen is a shame, hopefully if this arc gets adapted in the anime they show more of that.
Also I hate that Piccolo gave Gohan that stupid gi, shoulda just kept his regular clothes. Yet again if this is adapted in the anime I hope he either keeps his regular clothes or Piccolo gives him his orange gi.
What I'm annoyed at is that Toyo keeps reusing the: "Heroes drained and the villains go away story beat."
This is like the 3rd time it has happened this arc.
Yeah, but at least Moro is doing it to get more energy so it's not all that bad.
Ultimately I would have rathered 73 not have Moro's power and instead of leaving when they had the upper hand they escaped defeat.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, but at least Moro is doing it to get more energy so it's not all that bad.
Ultimately I would have rathered 73 not have Moro's power and instead of leaving when they had the upper hand they escaped defeat.

Yep, pretty much how I feel.
They should have run away or something.

Or they should have died, still plenty goons left.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, pretty much how I feel.
They should have run away or something.

Or they should have died, still plenty goons left.
It doesn't bug me too much since Moro is doing it for a reason, and at least now Gohan and co. have first hand experience with Moro's power.
Still would have preferred it the other way though.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
so merus is an angel huh? interesting

also, is Toriyama actually writing the manga these days? Viz gives him the writing credit but i thought he was just in a supervisory role.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
so merus is an angel huh? interesting

also, is Toriyama actually writing the manga these days? Viz gives him the writing credit but i thought he was just in a supervisory role.
No, the writing credit was there because he was writing the outlines for the arcs, but this one is Toyo's arc even though the credits haven't changed. Toriyama is "involved" but we have no idea to what extent. Hopefully we get an interview in the near future to clear things up.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Gohan showing up minutes after the prisoners start fighting Piccolo and co. sure makes DBS Broly's writing look even worse.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
No, the writing credit was there because he was writing the outlines for the arcs, but this one is Toyo's arc even though the credits haven't changed. Toriyama is "involved" but we have no idea to what extent. Hopefully we get an interview in the near future to clear things up.
ah i see, that's what i thought

that credit makes it confusing

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, he was already alerted that he needed to show up.
I just headcanon that Piccolo contacted him in Broly and told him not to show up.
Still doesn't make sense.

Gohan is Blue tier, he should have went and help.

This chapter was decent until that shit 73 pulled. I can wait for Toei to fix this arc.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
New chapter in the Super manga was pretty neat. But I laughed at how unfit Piccolo's gi looks on Gohan from one of the first panels he wears it on. Toyo just can't make that a good look on him.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a weird arc some really high points are scattered about but the pacing is kind of wack. That's one thing Toyo needs to fix all of his arcs are like that.

I feel like once the anime gets to this arc itll be pretty awesome.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, so he's really an angel, lol of course he is

And RIP at Gohan missing his chance at an easy W because 73 conveniently copied Moro's powers. What bugged me most is that there was finally that rare bit of small tension that this series sorely lacks, and then it's all just thrown away because of Moro deciding his henchmen should just fall back for now because reasons. That the most clever excuse they could come up with for them being spared is that Moro wants to wait for Goku and Vegeta to get stronger is not good writing, on top of being repetitive...

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I sorta don't think it'll just be that "meerus was an angel". Unless it was confirmed in this chapter and I misread.

Edit:
Oh wait. Meerus. For some reason I thought they were talking about Moro.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I guess I'm the only one here who really don't like this arc. Moro is such a boring Bond villain that it's pretty funny now, the fodder army has the personality of cardboard, the heroes keep losing literally the same way every time like Toyo can't think of anything else, and Meerus is like someone's OC. I really can't think of too many things I do like.

Wow, so he's really an angel, lol of course he is

And RIP at Gohan missing his chance at an easy W because 73 conveniently copied Moro's powers. What bugged me most is that there was finally that rare bit of small tension that this series sorely lacks, and then it's all just thrown away because of Moro deciding his henchmen should just fall back for now because reasons. That the most clever excuse they could come up with for them being spared is that Moro wants to wait for Goku and Vegeta to get stronger is not good writing, on top of being repetitive...

I don't see why they even had this group of prisoners come to Earth early if they were just going to retreat. Could have just pulled a Saiyan Saga.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why they even had this group of prisoners come to Earth early if they were just going to retreat. Could have just pulled a Saiyan Saga.
Basically you need:
1. Fodder for others to battle
2. A hook to get others involved
3. A way for the others to know Moro's power so they can counter it
4. Some excuse to let Goku and Vegeta train for months without being bothered

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Basically you need:
1. Fodder for others to battle
2. A hook to get others involved
3. A way for the others to know Moro's power so they can counter it
4. Some excuse to let Goku and Vegeta train for months without being bothered

They had that already without the advance squad. And it would be more tense if they didn't have such a set time limited, especially with Moro even more of a Bond villain than he already was.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm the only one here who really don't like this arc. Moro is such a boring Bond villain that it's pretty funny now, the fodder army has the personality of cardboard, the heroes keep losing literally the same way every time like Toyo can't think of anything else, and Meerus is like someone's OC. I really can't think of too many things I do like.

I'm surprised you forgot I fucking hate Toyo.

I'm only excited to see how Toei will improve this mess.