• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
not gonna lie

if 2per gets at least the same amount of love that the wano arc of one piece is getting

i'd probably enjoy anything they do

one piece has looked DRAMATICALLY better since the wano arc started. it's been amazing to see. sakuga EVERY episode, you love to see it.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
not gonna lie

if 2per gets at least the same amount of love that the wano arc of one piece is getting

i'd probably enjoy anything they do

one piece has looked DRAMATICALLY better since the wano arc started. it's been amazing to see. sakuga EVERY episode, you love to see it.
definitely agree, unfortunately sakuga can't fix all the padding and pacing issues :/

2per shouldn't have that problem though since the 'source material' doesn't really matter lol

Last edited:

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
damn high standards

do I need to remind you what dragon ball super regularly looked like?

what? that gif is pretty good? I don't get it lol. There's a lot of bad looking stuff in early super but I don't think that's it.

the problem with a lot of the punches in One PIece is that they LOVE to have the fist linger on the person its hitting for SO long. It kills a lot of the impact of the punch!! The same thing happens Vs. Doflamingo

compare that to this sequence of hits from the DBS: Broly movie (yes I am aware that its foolish to compare an episode of a tv anime to a movie, but the basic principle is the same regardless of budget)

LankyFormalButterfly-max-1mb.gif

these hits feel more impactful to me because of the use of the impact frames and the fact that, while there is some lingering of the punch, it is much less than that one piece gif and it feels like it makes more of an impact on Broly because the physics feel more correct while at the same time being stylized in a nice way

ANYWAYS, I am not saying that the One Piece gif looks bad at all. it is definitely Sakuga, it's a beautiful gif. I just wish they wouldn't linger so long on the punches lol.

excuse my rant lol

Oct 25, 2017
You pretty much just long winded said what you already said the one piece anime has a problem with. It was never animation to a degree the pacing so god awful it could look like demon slayer it won't matter cuz they'll make two fists clash for two minutes

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
You pretty much just long winded said what you already said the one piece anime has a problem with. It was never animation to a degree the pacing so god awful it could look like demon slayer it won't matter cuz they'll make two fists clash for two minutes
i guess i never thought about padding during the fights themselves, so i suppose you're right. especially vs Doffy.

i think it boils down to that and it being a stylistic choice though lol

Luffy v Blueno still GOAT

EF29F5F1A61641EE1D9CCA2C4C998B8E7E5A4BF3

e:Luffy vs Katakuri also GOAT

IdealisticClosedHornedtoad-max-1mb.gif

also, check it out, more cubes 😏
giphy.gif

I was intentionally looking for the most static, boring yamamuro gif possible lmao
idk Piccolos punches and kicks look like they have weight to them. The part where he blows the ground away looks pretty good to me.

Choreography could be better, sure. Overall that One Piece gif is better for sure lol.

Oct 25, 2017
i guess i never thought about padding during the fights themselves, so i suppose you're right. especially vs Doffy.

i think it boils down to that and it being a stylistic choice though lol

Luffy v Blueno still GOAT

EF29F5F1A61641EE1D9CCA2C4C998B8E7E5A4BF3

e:Luffy vs Katakuri also GOAT

IdealisticClosedHornedtoad-max-1mb.gif

also, check it out, more cubes 😏

idk Piccolos punches and kicks look like they have weight to them. The part where he blows the ground away looks pretty good to me.

Choreography could be better, sure. Overall that One Piece gif is better for sure lol.
Yea look at stuff like luffy vs ceaser or luffy final hit on doffy...actually every fight post whole cake island. The big one shots/final move hits were all turned into clashes to pad the fight add time. Most recent being luffy during the sumo match or them deflecting arrows for 5 minutes . When it comes back that's what's gonna make 2per the overall better anime because they don't have to worry about catching up don't gotta pad goku punching Moro and staying there for dumb lengths of timr

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Yea look at stuff like luffy vs ceaser or luffy final hit on doffy...actually every fight post whole cake island. The big one shots/final move hits were all turned into clashes to pad the fight add time. Most recent being luffy during the sumo match or them deflecting arrows for 5 minutes . When it comes back that's what's gonna make 2per the overall better anime because they don't have to worry about catching up don't gotta pad goku punching Moro and staying there for dumb lengths of timr
yeah definitely agree

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
I mean, given what they're doing with Goku and UI, I feel like it has to be adapted. Unless it goes nowhere, and they beat Moro some other way.
I mean... Merus is just beating him up at this point. I don't really see how UI is going to be able to beat Moro either but whatever.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm out of loop since the anime ended. Is the manga still going? Is there any sign of the anime coming back?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.

So no sign of the anime coming back? Sigh. Still can't believe it's over.
It'll be back...

eventually....

Too much money is being made for them to sit on it forever. They won't go with just movies alone either because that's not capitalizing on it enough.
Honestly, if they had no intention of the anime coming back I doubt the manga would still be going, never mind the fact that Toei has a planning division dedicated to DB now, something they haven't done for any other series. Personally I think we'll get another movie and then the show will come back after that, likely starting with an adaptation of the current arc in the manga.

Last edited:

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be back...

eventually....

Too much money is being made for them to sit on it forever. They won't go with just movies alone either because that's not capitalizing on it enough.
Honestly, if they had no intention of the anime coming back I doubt the manga would still be going. Personally I think we'll get another movie and then the show will come back after that, likely starting with an adaptation of the current arc in the manga.

Yeah, I agree. When Super ended while it was a huge success. No way they will ignore it.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that Toriyama confirmed he was writing his next work all the way back in last December. I think there is a very good chance we get a movie announcement in the near future.
Interestingly Toriyama didn't start writing Broly until Spring 2017, so if we are getting a new movie and Toei announces it about a year ahead of release like they have a habit of doing then we might get a movie that had a lot more time spent on writing than Broly. That is of course assuming what he was talking about in December last year was a new movie, he could have been talking about the show and then those plans got put on hold to fast track a movie to follow up on Broly's insane box office success. Either way I think a movie announcement is coming soon-ish.

EDIT: He said he was coming up with ideas, so I guess that could still work in the Broly production timeline, he could have spent some months on ideas then started writing the script in Spring of this year.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018
Finished Super a week or two ago. Good stuff, but man That tournament was way too long.

I think I looked away for a moment, but why was 17 given the choice for the wish when all four of them took out Jiren? Did 17 deal the winning blow?

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Finished re-watching Super with my bro, man, I loved it more this time.

ToP was straight fire. I like it better than Buu in concept AND execution. Unlike Zamasu/Black, which is much cooler on paper but has too many problems for me to call it excellent.

And don't even get me started on how good the Broly movie is.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
When will broly be in heroes

Then he can animate him
He already did animate him a few times for Heroes trailers when they were covering the movie. It's not that he didn't get to animate him it's that they straight up didn't ask him to work on the movie.
I feel bad for the guy, but at the same time I don't because this is an issue of his own making.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Finished re-watching Super with my bro, man, I loved it more this time.

ToP was straight fire. I like it better than Buu in concept AND execution. Unlike Zamasu/Black, which is much cooler on paper but has too many problems for me to call it excellent.

And don't even get me started on how good the Broly movie is.
I really like Zamasu he is cool but i have trouble comparing him to the DBZ main villains because his arc lacks something, resolution was too rushed and time travel gimmick annoying he feels more like a more developed Movie villain than the long arc we were used to.