• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, Digimon replacing Kitaro is kind of good news because it means Dai, a series that is going to run for up to 3 years, is not going to be in the DB time slot.
with one exception Digimon series all run for one year, so the slot will be back up for grabs next year most likely. Personally I think the best case scenario would be a summer 2021 DBS movie and Digimon running for anywhere from 18-24 months and then being followed by Dragon Ball Super.
No matter what happens I think it is important to keep in mind that this is good news because it means we might not have to wait till 2023 or later for DB's return to TV.

Also, manga spoilers
Yamcha is helping fight and 18 is there too.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Life is pain.

Who the fuck would have thought the anime from my childhood that would be taking Kitaro's place when its run came to an end... WAS DIGIMON.

Do we have an episode count for this Digimon series? I have my all my fucking cours marked down on the calendar and need to know which ones to cross out.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_oekyh4er7H1v9oda2o3_r3_400.gif

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, Digimon replacing Kitaro is kind of good news because it means Dai, a series that is going to run for up to 3 years, is not going to be in the DB time slot.
with one exception Digimon series all run for one year, so the slot will be back up for grabs next year most likely. Personally I think the best case scenario would be a summer 2021 DBS movie and Digimon running for anywhere from 18-24 months and then being followed by Dragon Ball Super.
No matter what happens I think it is important to keep in mind that this is good news because it means we might not have to wait till 2023 or later for DB's return to TV.

April 2021 we in there?

ROAD TO JUMP FESTA 2020 BEGINS NOW

I know we all think the new movie is coming before the new anime, but we've been wrong about this shit about 300 times in the last year. I don't believe in anything anymore.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
April 2021 we in there?

ROAD TO JUMP FESTA 2020 BEGINS NOW

I know we all think the new movie is coming before the new anime, but we've been wrong about this shit about 300 times in the last year. I don't believe in anything anymore.
Nah, I doubt it comes back that early. Sure it could happen, but i really think the movie comes first. I can't see DB coming back to TV any earlier than 2022, but I would LOVE to be wrong. I think the most likely situation should Digimon run a year is that a non DB show takes the slot for another year or so.
Also as more time passes the more I think the anime will come back as an adaptation of the manga, as unpopular of a decision that would be. We'll see though. At least by 2022 a ton of manga chapters will have built up.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Life is pain.

Who the fuck would have thought the anime from my childhood that would be taking Kitaro's place when its run came to an end... WAS DIGIMON.

Do we have an episode count for this Digimon series? I have my all my fucking cours marked down on the calendar and need to know which ones to cross out.
Wasn't Digimon tri supposed to take the spot Super ended up taking after Kai or something like that?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The new digimon season seems now confirmed to be a straight up reboot of the original series, so we're probably looking at just a year long show.

Wasn't Digimon tri supposed to take the spot Super ended up taking after Kai or something like that?

Nah, I doubt it. Tri is clearly made for an older fanbase. It'd never fit in Super's morning timeslot.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People still speculating about Dragon Ball coming back is too funny. I also love all those insiders with none of them being right and even people speculating that Dai will take Kitaros timeslot were wrong lol. I don't think Digimon will be a all year around show like before. They will trim a lot of shit with this remake.

But yeah not believing anything anymore from anyone till I see something from Toei again. They will do it again when our guard is down with a simple "Ahh here is Dragon Ball Chou Chou another 100 episodes + and here is a short synapsis, will air in 3 months lol" like last time.

See you 2040.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I couldn't find a more fitting thread when I searched for "Dragon Ball" in Hangouts.

Is there a way to legally stream all of DBZ Kai in the US? I found the show on the Adult Swim app, but it only has up to episode 66. Otherwise, the only options I'm seeing are to purchase the episodes on Amazon, or shell out money for the Bluray sets. Is there another option that I'm missing, or is there really no easy and cheap way to legally watch the entire series?

Haven't watched Dragon Ball in any form (original, Z, GT, etc.) since the mid-2000's, and I was wanting to try out Kai, but it seems like it may be a pain in the ass to do so...

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This new chapter is what the opening for the manga's ToP should have been. I really don't get what Toyotaro was thinking with what we actually got there.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Man, really enjoyed this chapter.
Dialogue was fun, and the Gohan/Piccolo teamup had some great stuff.

I hope we get atleast 1 or 2 more goon fight chapters before we go back to boring Moro.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yo, that chapter was really good!

Yamcha being shown even the slightest amount of respect makes me feel like I'm living in some bizarro world. Like, how did that happen.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
Just kill off the kids

Seriously, this part of the story is something even they could be involved in. But blah, blah, lame excuse for the kids.

I did like the new chapter for the most part. It does has me wondering more what in the world Vegeta's new technique is and seeing more of Earth's heroes fight is nice. Yamcha puts a smile on my face.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I really can't blame Toyo for not giving a damn about Goten and Trunks.

I mean, yeah, from a story perspective it's dumb that they always sit out, but its not like we're missing much. They're worthless individually and Gotenks's schtick would just be old at this point.

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, yeah, from a story perspective it's dumb that they always sit out, but its not like we're missing much. They're worthless individually and Gotenks's schtick would just be old at this point.
You know we don all argued about these points so much I don't got it in me
Patience...

Their time will come!
doubt.gif

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I liked the latest chapter - although it is impressive how little Toyotaro can advance the story over 40 pages.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to see Yamcha and Chaozu on the field but them being included and not Goten and Trunks sure is something lol.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
No doubt, but that doesn't change the fact that the story has been spinning its wheels for the last few chapters.
A lot has happened though. Moro started conquering planets, Goku and Vegeta started training, 7-3 and others came to earth and fought, Moro's reason for coming to Earth was set up, Merus's origin was revealed, Vegeta got a power boost, 2 months passed, a full scale invasion of Earth started, the main henchman fights are started and Moro is about to join the fight. It's not really that different from the pace of a Z arc.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

I'm pretty sure Trunks and Goten getting sidelined is mostly due to some Toriyama guideline. Don't forget Toei pushed them quite a bit in their original stories in the first half of Super (they also had a big marketing presence and were even added to RoF) and even they gave up towards the 2nd half of the show.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad chapter, always fun to see Gohan and Piccolo fight together.

Lol at Goku just being lost while his friends are in danger.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
How long has it been since Yamcha last won a fight?
If you include the anime, there's the time he beat up some of the otherworld tournament fighters in the Buu Saga.

As far as the manga goes, the last time he won it was against nameless fighters from the preliminaries of the 23rd Budokai.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
See all you need to do to make minor characters look cool is feed them a few jobbers every now and then. I'm glad the newest arc has included scope for that.