• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you include the anime, there's the time he beat up some of the otherworld tournament fighters in the Buu Saga.

As far as the manga goes, the last time he won it was against nameless fighters from the preliminaries of the 23rd Budokai.

Poor Yamcha...

Wolf Fang Fuck This. Give Yamcha one last achievement besides Baseball.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I'd give Yamcha the win against the Saibamen.

The meme doesn't change the fact that he won.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
I'd give Yamcha the win against the Saibamen.

The meme doesn't change the fact that he won.
How could he have won if ththe fight ended with both of them dead? That's a draw.

As for the chapter? Decent-ish I guess? I'm quite bored with this arc. I like the idea of the old cast coming together to fight, but I have zero interest in the fights themselves as all of Moro's cronies atm are as bland and uninteresting as him.

Goten and Trunks shafting is still lame.

Gohan contacting 17 and 18 was smart.

Yamcha actually doing something in 2020 is pretty neat

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
As someone whose interest in the series has been reignited due to DBZ Kakarot, I've never watched Super, how's the anime? Or story in general?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
As someone whose interest in the series has been reignited due to DBZ Kakarot, I've never watched Super, how's the anime? Or story in general?
Anime: it has it's ups and downs, definitely the start is real rough. The great moments are really great though
Story: eh

If you want to go and watch it, watch the Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F movies (the first 2 anime arcs are basically retellings with some padding) and start with the third arc. Also watch the movie with Broly, as that stuff is amazing.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhhhhhhh
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you include the anime, there's the time he beat up some of the otherworld tournament fighters in the Buu Saga.

As far as the manga goes, the last time he won it was against nameless fighters from the preliminaries of the 23rd Budokai.

That was, uhhh *checks notes*.... Over 30 years ago. Jeez.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Man, really enjoyed this chapter.
Dialogue was fun, and the Gohan/Piccolo teamup had some great stuff.

I hope we get atleast 1 or 2 more goon fight chapters before we go back to boring Moro.
Again it's funny how much better the manga gets when Toyo's Goku and Vegeta aren't in it. He really struggles to write those two in an interesting way.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
The problem is that there's nothing interesting about those two, they're just a kid version of better characters (Goku and fTrunks/Vegeta) which were conceived to be fusion fodder in the first place. There's no way the mainstream audience could accept those two as main characters and there's no way to develop them decently as side characters.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
The problem is that there's nothing interesting about those two, they're just a kid version of better characters (Goku and fTrunks/Vegeta) which were conceived to be fusion fodder in the first place. There's no way the mainstream audience could accept those two as main characters and there's no way to develop them decently as side characters.
Their inclusion is only limited by the imagination of the writers.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it's even related to their characters or lack of it. Toriyama probably just doesn't like the idea of children fighting anymore. The group battle scene in RoF was fairly vague in his script and yet he still left them out. It's either that or he decided that due to them debuting too late into the original series it's better to give the position of secondary characters to the ones who were around for longer (this also could explain why he's avoiding making them grow, since the audience might expect them to get some focus if they changed, but if they remain the same no one will expect them to get any spotlight).

Last edited:

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
I don't think it's even related to their characters or lack of it. Toriyama probably just doesn't like the idea of children fighting anymore. The group battle scene in RoF was fairly vague in his script and yet he still left them out. It's either that or he decided that due to them debuting too late into the original series it's better to give the position of secondary characters to the ones who were around for longer (this also could explain why he's avoiding making them grow, since the audience might expect them to get some focus if they changed, but if they remain the same no one will expect them to get any spotlight).
I imagine that's part of it but even that feels like a poor excuse when he's brought the likes of Roshi and Tenshinhan back around - two characters of which were pretty much done with during the Z era.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Their inclusion is only limited by the imagination of the writers.
It's not just a matter of imagination or creativity. Dragon Ball isn't a series with a flexible format to begin with, and it also relies a lot on the nostalgia from long time fans. The way things are right now only Goku and Vegeta going away, even if temporarily, would allow those two to have proper development, since there's very little space otherwise (especially with the fusion gimmick always being present). Even a 'tag along' adventure in which they get new powers wouldn't shift the focus from Goku and Vegeta which would end up getting the bigger portion of the pie.

I agree that they should be handled better but IMO I don't ever see the writers making them justice at the level that their fandom fans want, not until we go beyond EoZ at the very least.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
It's not just a matter of imagination or creativity. Dragon Ball isn't a series with a flexible format to begin with, and it also relies a lot on the nostalgia from long time fans. The way things are right now only Goku and Vegeta going away, even if temporarily, would allow those two to have proper development, since there's very little space otherwise (especially with the fusion gimmick always being present). Even a 'tag along' adventure in which they get new powers wouldn't shift the focus from Goku and Vegeta which would end up getting the bigger portion of the pie.

I agree that they should be handled better but IMO I don't ever see the writers making them justice at the level that their fandom fans want, not until we go beyond EoZ at the very least.
I can't really agree since the Universe Survival arc managed to develop several characters without getting rid of Goku. Like Vegeta's supporting role, characters like Gohan, 17, Roshi, Kuririn etc all were written with varying character arcs that didn't take away from the main story - if anything, it strengthened it.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
What if they did a z formula arc

But the gang manages to defeat the villian right before goku shows up

#subversion

Can't do it this arc since we wasted so much panel time on goku and merus

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
That wasn't really z formula goku was active majority of the arc

Closest thing we have to the z formula is goku showing up late for beerus and golden freeza in super but barely anything happened fighting wise before then in both instances

Wait piccolo dies to freeza

I forgot super added that
In the manga ToP Goku barely did anything actually lol. He doesn't even have an elimination.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
How old is current Trunks? 14? 15? Shouldn't he be the same height as Future Trunks was at that point in his life? When will Goten choose a new hairstyle?

Last edited: