• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
After never reading the Super Manga, I´m honestly surprised how much i like the ongoing post-ToP Arc in the Manga right now.
Feels more like DBZ than most of Super and may end up as one of my favorite Super Arcs.

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching the buu saga
Gotens "if I were gohan I bet you'd let me go wouldn't you" hits different on a whole new level nowadays lol

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Lame, got in the mood to watch the Dragon Ball Z Abridged Kai videos because a joke from them pop in my head, but the fourth part got blocked by Toei.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never read the Super manga before, but seeing that there's many good impressions on the new arc, I'm jumping in. I'm starting at the end of the ToP though, what I've read about the manga before that arc does't make me want to read it all...

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, I've started the Moro arc and yeah it's good so far (and I'm only like three or four chapters in). I like Moro's design, even though I'm sure he'll transform.
One thing I found weird/amusing is when Goku said that Moro's chi was like many people screaming at once, and because of that it was the most unsettling chi he had ever sensed. And it's because Moro absorbs the energy of living things to get stronger. I mean, ok, but it seems to be what Cell and Buu did too 🤷

I haven't followed the news lately, do we have hints about when Super would return, and if it will follow this new arc?

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to experience every Dragon Ball movie on one streaming service? I kind of want to binge every DB, DBZ, and DBS theatrical release.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the current manga arc is very Z-esque (complete with Goku fucking off in the middle to go train), and a bit of Piccolo Daimao sprinkled on top ("I'm old and weak but JUST WAIT until I get my youth back")

It's almost as if the guy writing it grew up obsessively reading the manga and is just writing a fanfiction ass story :P

I'm enjoying it though

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing is we've established Whis has a literal rewind function, so if they decide to not to adapt this story and pretend it never happened, there's a very easy out.

As it stands right now, you'd think all the Angel involvement and Vegeta learning techniques on Yardrat is important enough to adapt... but who knows!

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It kind of felt like the arc started meant to be a standalone story, with everything happening in it being able to easily get rolled back at the end, but then at some point Toyotaro got the green light to go with actual development, leading to everything we've seen post- New Namek battle.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
It kind of felt like the arc started meant to be a standalone story, with everything happening in it being able to easily get rolled back at the end, but then at some point Toyotaro got the green light to go with actual development, leading to everything we've seen post- New Namek battle.
Yeah, the Namek bit made it feel like a filler arc but now it feels like the next main arc.
Maybe it was always meant to be like this or maybe Toriyama/Shueisha used the first part of the arc as a trial run before approving Toyotaro going full on with a large scale story.

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing is we've established Whis has a literal rewind function, so if they decide to not to adapt this story and pretend it never happened, there's a very easy out.

As it stands right now, you'd think all the Angel involvement and Vegeta learning techniques on Yardrat is important enough to adapt... but who knows!
Adapt to what?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
It's too funny that just as Super was supposedly going to return in July 2019, suddenly a bunch of schmucks get broken out of prison in the manga storyline, the fight with Moro gets delayed, and the cast has been fighting random henchmen/training ever since. Vegeta going to train on Yardrat is such a fanfictiony concept that I'm sure Toyo's had it in his back pocket for decades.

I could just be seeing what I want to see, but if it ever came out that Toyotaro had to scramble and extend this story because 2per was a clusterfuck behind the scenes, I wouldn't be surprised.

source.gif

Oct 25, 2017
The manga and the Heroes anime occupy the same head space for me don't really care for either. The anime I watch and then I don't remember what the fuck even happened after I watch it. Manga I read every so often and also don't know what the fuck has happened after I read it.

Both suck

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm really enjoying the Moro stuff too. My only complaints would be that I think it's sticking too close to the Z-esque formula if that makes any sense, it's definitely more in line with what I had been hoping to see but I hate how characters in Super are frozen in whatever state they started the series in. In that sense it feels more like a DBZ movie kind of storytelling where the bad guys are just kind of plunked down in an open field for the good guys to beat and you lose out on the serialized drama. Also the minions' designs and personalities are all kind of flat for me, but I'm glad they at least made some.

Edit: Also cutting Goten and Trunks out, what the hell

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Whis can only go back 3 minutes.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah I'm really enjoying the Moro stuff too. My only complaints would be that I think it's sticking too close to the Z-esque formula if that makes any sense, it's definitely more in line with what I had been hoping to see but I hate how characters in Super are frozen in whatever state they started the series in. In that sense it feels more like a DBZ movie kind of storytelling where the bad guys are just kind of plunked down in an open field for the good guys to beat and you lose out on the serialized drama. Also the minions' designs and personalities are all kind of flat for me, but I'm glad they at least made some.

Edit: Also cutting Goten and Trunks out, what the hell
It does feel like DBZ but like a filler arc with kinda boring villains.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
if only there had been a better concept for a filler between arc after namek before androids then repurposing garlic jr that the toi writers could have thought up

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Filler arcs were never at this scale nor did we have anything like Goku training to figure out his next main form in a filler arc. This arc is long past feeling like filler.
I guess I meant more in that the villains feel kind of bland and unexciting. That aspect of filler. And the whole there's a bad guy, he's just here now fight him.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I meant more in that the villains feel kind of bland and unexciting. That aspect of filler. And the whole there's a bad guy, he's just here now fight him.
So every arc of DBZ? The second part that is.
Honestly the villains are more fun than Cell, though Moro himself is about as boring as Cell.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So Yamamuro and Shintani are doing some art for the 5th anniversary of Dokkan and the difference in quality between the two is kinda sad...
Shintani
ERJCXnYUcAAeqmU.jpg:large

Yamamuro
EQuUTZwUwAASFxC.jpg:large

It's cool to see some new Shintani art again, it's been a little bit. His style is looking really nice, I don't know if I have any real complaints about it at this point.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
lol, Moro arc is not filler.

Would be really surprised if it does not get adapted when the anime comes back.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I said Moro arc wasn't filler and that Dragon Ball Super wasn't coming in 2019 all throughout last year and got mocked for it. Hrm... 😈

May 26, 2018
So Yamamuro and Shintani are doing some art for the 5th anniversary of Dokkan and the difference in quality between the two is kinda sad...
Shintani
ERJCXnYUcAAeqmU.jpg:large

Yamamuro
EQuUTZwUwAASFxC.jpg:large

It's cool to see some new Shintani art again, it's been a little bit. His style is looking really nice, I don't know if I have any real complaints about it at this point.

Goddamn. Shintani doing that backwards spinning air kick right to the face of Yamamuro's piece here.