• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been rewatching the DBZ movies and I love the Gohan songs in the first and second one. As a song the first one when he's drunk is better, but the Piccolo love song is hilarious too.

YabnZfC.jpg

Chichi giving up in the background. And that tiger, lmao

Piccolo is Yondu and Goku is Ego.

tumblr_oucuz0Izey1sa05qgo1_250.gif

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Good chapter, would have been great if not for the Roshi garbage.
Tenshinhan continuing to be worthless is great.

Last edited:

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
Three things that I got from the new chapter:

- Chi-Chi appearing in the manga to me is surprising even for a small moment. I don't think I have seen her in it much at all since one of the early DBS manga arcs.
- Goku showing up first before Vegeta is a nice switch up from him being last to appear.
- Trying to push a moment of sexual harassment from Master Roshi as comedy is crappy as ever. It was bad in the DBS anime and it still is here.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Really did not enjoy the chapter much outside of Krillin doing some good work. The Roshi stuff continues to be cringey as fuck.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't caught up but it's disappointing if the manga is still doing shitty perv stuff with Roshi. There was an episode in the anime that made me uncomfortable af, but in the end I think he had "trained" to control his perv habits when fighting and I hoped it meant we wouldn't see shitty stuff from him. I hope it stays that way in the anime at least...

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This chapter was a good reminder of why I've become so cynical regarding this series

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
It feels like I'm watching/reading a very extended old school DBZ movie aka Garlic Jr saga but this time Goku returned and Vegeta came back from losing his mind in space.

Moro is just a very uncharismatic villain to me, he doesn't have "IT". He's like Bojack, I can deal with him for a quick movie but he can't carry a whole arc, god no.

Where's Frieza, shouldn't he be mad some asshole is fucking up his real estate property?

Oct 25, 2017
I was on board until Moro gave his goon energy. Also seeing these dire situations are laughable when there's two other saiyans y'all won't let participate but Yamcha and chio on the field..

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Roshi stuff specifically, or other stuff?

Like on paper characters like Krillin and what not actually getting some fights and action is exactly what I want to see more of

But in reality it just feels so whatever. There's no real danger for any of them. I've often brought up in here how the hypothetical of Goku's Instant Transmission easily trivializing everything, and lo and behold, Goku teleports in and casually crushes Krillin's opponent. And he can just go and do the same thing for the others.

It's like yea, this is Dragon Ball now, I know what I signed up for, this is absolutely nothing new, but it still bums me out every now and then. I still find enjoyment from this series (at least when it's animated), but yea...

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Like on paper characters like Krillin and what not actually getting some fights and action is exactly what I want to see more of

But in reality it just feels so whatever. There's no real danger for any of them. I've often brought up in here how the hypothetical of Goku's Instant Transmission easily trivializing everything, and lo and behold, Goku teleports in and casually crushes Krillin's opponent. And he can just go and do the same thing for the others.

It's like yea, this is Dragon Ball now, I know what I signed up for, this is absolutely nothing new, but it still bums me out every now and then. I still find enjoyment from this series (at least when it's animated), but yea...
I definitely think Goku showed up too early, but I'll wait and see what comes next, I don't think he'll just effortlessly beat all the henchmen or anything.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What a shit chapter.

Also Bulma seriously asking if Tenshinhan is able to insult someone. Girl please remember when you met him.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Imagine if Togashi wrote Dragon Ball Super from here on out
Jiren would have a psychological breakthrough about his ptsd during the tournament because he starts to connect with Krillin. He realizes joking around is the true strength he's been looking for and gives up the tournament. Without Jiren to help them, the pride troopers revert to their natural, brutal state and use their hidden powers of sucking out the life of their opponents, leaving them in an old and withered, but alive, state. Goku and the others lifespan is reduced drastically and after the tournament Goku lives out his final years in peace, finally becoming the father Goten never had. 17 still gets his boat.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, shoved away on his island. Despite, you know, being Super Saiyans and stronger than any of the human characters.
I Dont know about all that anymore. The long retired fighter krillin managed to last more than 10 seconds against a super saiyan blue kamehameha meanwhile ss3 gotenks can't harm base vegeta 🤷🏽‍♂️

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Kagari Fenyo saved our boy!

It's the unfortunate reality of modern Dragon Ball storytelling... but also an indictment of Toyotaro, I think. There's a way to make this stuff more exciting, and I think we saw glimpses of the secondary characters doing more engaging stuff in the Super anime.

The focus on Goku and Vegeta is a big fucking problem and I don't think it's all that hard to fix. They just aren't interested in fixing it.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Tenshinhan is still a joke I see
If only he could tell one.

This arc started out great but it's definitely fallen out of favor as its gone on, a lot of chance for other character's to do more and they've done about the bare minimum for all of them. Anything but "fight the mooks while the strong characters get into position" would be better.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Luis Alfonso Mendoza, the latam voice actor for Gohan, has reportedly been killed. Unfortunately it seems his wife and one other person were killed as well.

Lalo Garza is the voice of Krillin. Translated it reads "Friends, unfortunately it's true. Giving out this information is horrible and I am not the person qualified to do it but today my dear Luis Alfonso Mendoza, a great voice actor, has died. We've lost another giant."

Mendoza has been voice acting since he was 12 and has voiced dozens of famous characters. His brother Ricardo was the voice of Yamcha and his daughter was Bee the dog. He founded a VA school in 1995.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Luis Alfonso Mendoza, the latam voice actor for Gohan, has reportedly been killed. Unfortunately it seems his wife and one other person were killed as well.

Lalo Garza is the voice of Krillin. Translated it reads "Friends, unfortunately it's true. Giving out this information is horrible and I am not the person qualified to do it but today my dear Luis Alfonso Mendoza, a great voice actor, has died. We've lost another giant."

Mendoza has been voice acting since he was 12 and has voiced dozens of famous characters. His brother Ricardo was the voice of Yamcha and his daughter was Bee the dog. He founded a VA school in 1995.

Dang

Condolences to the Families :(

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You know, I feel like Super(and Buu saga) doesn't get enough credit for really varying up Movesets for characters.

Like Before Buu Saga, it felt like there wasn't really all that much amazing variance in movesets for most of Z

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Eh. Gotenks has a big ass move pool, but I don't think it did much for anyone besides him and Vegito.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Eh. Gotenks has a big ass move pool, but I don't think it did much for anyone besides him and Vegito.

There is Buu himself along with Dabura and Babidi. And fodder Yakon had a gimmick. The Fusion Dance itself is also a technique.

In fact, Babibi stands in sharp relief compared to Moro, who's an one-trick pony.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
Manga spoilers are out and apparently

Goku has full access to UI now.

ryokutya2089.com

漫画版【ドラゴンボール超】感想 ※ネタばれ控えめ | ゲームよりどりサブカルみどりパーク

もう孫悟空1人でいいんじゃないかな。 と、 DBではよくある光景。 時間稼ぎした仲間たちをもうちょっと労ってあげて(笑) 孫悟空の修行の成果は○○がいつでも発動できるようになった、のかな。 そんな手の届かない存在になった孫悟空にかけるピッコロの台詞が哀しい・・・。

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
More importantly...

The broadcast audio for the original Dragon Ball (every episode!) has finally been released to the public!!!

That means the broadcast audio is now out there for the entirety of DB, DBZ and DBGT.

I too look forward to another 20 years of poor home releases with green tints, DVNR and shit tier audio quality

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I finally finished Super today. I gotta say, overall it was pretty great. The future trunks arc might be my favorite arc of all time in DB. The story was told so well, it was dark, and had some great emotional payoffs. Zamasu and Goku Black felt like true enemies, something that was lacking in the TOP. My only fan-servicey wish would have been that Goku Black is revealed to be Goten. That would actually give Goten a meaningful story as opposed to just being Gokus 2nd kid that no one cares about.

I will say though that while the TOP was exciting, it dragged on far too long and a lot of people (cough gohan cough) got the shaft. I would have rather seen Gohan at the end rather than Android 17. It was cool seeing the Androids get so much screen time, but it was at the expense of other more popular characters IMO.

The ending was so easily predictable too. I didnt expect 17 to be the last one standing, thats for sure, but the wish at the end was telegraphed way too hard.

Ill also say that while Jiren is bad ass, he never really felt like a true villian (which was probably on purpose). But near the end, it kind of took away some of the stakes when him and Goku are going crazy on each other. It never quite felt as tense as fights against Cell or Freiza did in Z. It wasnt until we got a very tiny glimpse of Jirens backstory that he felt more relateable, but even then, it was so short that its easily forgotten.

I really do hope that what ever they do next expands on all these new characters introduced. We got so many new great additions to the show that if they just never mention these universes again, it would be a huge bummer. Hell, I would love to see an entire show based on Universe 11. Their world seems so interesting that I just want to deep dive more into that.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
New manga chapter is out. Meh, I did like some of the body horror in it with Moro's goon at least.

I feel like I should be much more hyped about Goku doing Ultra Instinct at will but I'm not. Still wondering what technique can Vegeta do to even match that at this point? It also sucks how much of Earth's fighters are useless now again but expected.

Last edited:

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
That's more of a Toyo problem tbh. The US arc treated most everyone well in the anime. Toyo's problem is he says he buffed characters like Gohan and Piccolo yet still needed Goku to fight Moro's men. If you're gonna make characters stronger, at least show it off properly and not leave it to a line of dialogue. Piccolo's moping around doesn't help either. He's been poorly written for a while now.