• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017

And judging by the Japanese sales, it's still going strong. Great result for this game.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Very impressive. It was released on the exact same day as Pokken Tournament Deluxe too let's not forget.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Simply amazing for a late port at full price and no included DLC.

I personally boycotted this release but I might nap on the inevitable FighterZ port.

Oct 26, 2017
Very deserved. Great port, has XV1's story mode in it, it has all DLC able to be purchased (unlike many Nintendo ports of games where you get nothing, period). IMO this was one of the legit great ports.

BoTalksGames

Oct 25, 2017
United States
This is fantastic! XV2 is my most played game on Switch, probably my favorite Dragon Ball game ever. Glad to see it do so well and it's awesome they decided to make more DLC for it.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm pretty damn impressed.

I also bought a copy for a Switch despite also owning it on PC. That portability factor is big.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I had almost zero interest in this one, but picked it up during Black Friday in the hopes of getting FighterZ on the Switch.

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing number for a port! Good for them. Now Bandai Namco bring the big guns on Switch!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm... genuinely shocked it did this well. "Great job" is an understatement.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Outsold the Steam version btw. Not bad for a full price, more than a year late, semi-downgraded port.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Wow that is impressive! Namco must be very happy with these results! How does this stack with the other versions sales wise?

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
500k is well deserved. I got it on sale for a great price. I've just played it casually but its great playing as the DBZ signature characters

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy snot. I bought it day one and love it but I never expected a full priced port to be this successful.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Half a million for a late port of an anime fighting game with a "better" game coming to other platforms soon. This thing had everything against it.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
So... after this idk if i should wait for z fighter on switch or just buy it on pc...

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
I will play the hell out of it the day I'll find a price cut.

But it doesn't seem it's gonna happen anytime soon :P

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
I want to be hopeful this will lead to something worthwhile like them releasing Digimon, Ni No Kuni, Code Vein and Tales on Switch.

But I should know better.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Excellent result.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
A further proof that Dragon Ball does sell on Nintendo platforms... Of course with the right games and the right promotion. In Japan, at least, 3DS Dragon Ball games are the best-selling in the series since PS2-era.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that number is absolutely bonkers considering the circumstances. I don't see how FighterZ isn't happening now.

Mameshiba

Oct 28, 2017
Wow that is impressive! Namco must be very happy with these results! How does this stack with the other versions sales wise?

Early November last year it was at ~3.3 million across all platforms with 400k on Switch and ~400k on Steam. Now it is at 420k on Steam and 500k on Switch. I would guess around 1.8-1.9 million on PS4 and 750-850k on Xbox One.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
They revealed it a while ago. It was 3.3 million when the Switch version was at 400k.
That was 2 months ago and before holiday sales and such, the game was pretty heavily discounted.
Also as far as I know it's unclear if that 3.3 million includes Switch, Bamco has been weird and lists the Switch version as a separate game for lots of things.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Was Xenoverse 2 good? I didn't seem the same love that the first game got online

KHlover

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot more than it deserves. Hope the DBFZ crowd gets their port now. As for me - I'm hoping for a DBXV3 that doesn't feel like an addon to the previous game (XV2 felt more like XV1.5 to me).

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Or you could buy Fighter Z when they announce it
Fighter Z isn't announced for Switch? That's weird...

It comes out soon, lot of hype around it and fighting games are super fun at launch because that's usually the largest community to play against.

They should release all ports together imo if there is a Switch one