• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Announced

373t527vzm721.jpg

Yeah that's one thing that we've got on GBL that they don't do on the JPN banner, we're having time to breathe and gather stones. They've had great banner back to back and it doesn't stop which results in them not only losing stones but money, just crazy. For all the crap we get here at least we can say we're using less money than they are.

So if they're closing the in-game shops, the banner must be coming out later today/tonight, then, right? They wouldn't shut down their revenue stream for more than a couple of hours.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I agree with you. If not those then I'd want some of the LRs or category leads I've been missing but those 2 characters stand out the most.

A non-garbage, transforming Rage Trunks with an Enhanced Transformation category leader skill is the one unit I would actually pull for.

If they're just giving us STR Super Buu I'm gonna be so upset.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
I'm just gonna go full unreasonable expectations. LR Kale and Cauli that fuse under whatever condition, Potara and Uni 6 Category lead. All my stones! (Rip wallet if this ever happens)

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
GLB won't get Broly and Gogeta as it would destroy the whole story event schedule and stuff like AGL Broly EZA.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like an AMAZING card lmao.

I would have him have a stacking chance to critical hit like Evolution Bluegeta and some tank passives, since that's basically what Rage Trunks is. Surprisingly tanky Trunks that eventually pulls an absurd critical hit out of his ass to win the fight.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If it's Super Buu for GLB it better be like 5 stones per multi for X hours or otherwise they can fuck off to different universe.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
Considering I dropped 200 stones on hit and got one, but over 500+ stones on thank you banner with nothing good, think unless this has ss4 gogeta on it imma wait for now.

one day SS4 gogeta will be mine oh yes one day *Think im close to 2k stones chasing him now

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I would have him have a stacking chance to critical hit like Evolution Bluegeta and some tank passives, since that's basically what Rage Trunks is. Surprisingly tanky Trunks that eventually pulls an absurd critical hit out of his ass to win the fight.
That's something that would be great. If not that then I'd like an LR Kefla. She can start off in base and transform a few times to reach SSj2 and be the first two time transforming LR.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's something that would be great. If not that then I'd like an LR Kefla. She can start off in base and transform a few times to reach SSj2 and be the first two time transforming LR.

I guess that would work. I wouldn't pull for LR Kefla, though.

LR Kaioken Goku would be another interesting one. Starts out at base or base Kaioken, each turn he ups the multiplier - x2, x3, x,4, x10, x20, then SSBKK for the final form. Each turn adding a big chunk to his ATK stat. Only downside is Kaioken cards always have some major critical drawback (health drain, bad tanking capabilities, etc), so I'm not sure how they'd be able to design a viable LR out of KK.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It probably going be Super Buu and the Trunks n Mai card.

Secretly wishing it the f2p LR super Vegeta card

LR Super Vegeta wouldn't be a summon banner, though. We'll probably get him in a couple of weeks - he came out right around the same time as LR Metal Cooler, and he's already in the Global database. Should be added next Battlefield reset.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Probably some pretty good banners with category leaders + LRs.

What is interesting to me is the JPN announcement, as it includes Broly and Gogeta. Possibly just as a way to advertise the movie, as I doubt they are going to include them in a new (possible great) banner.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess that would work. I wouldn't pull for LR Kefla, though.

LR Kaioken Goku would be another interesting one. Starts out at base or base Kaioken, each turn he ups the multiplier - x2, x3, x,4, x10, x20, then SSBKK for the final form. Each turn adding a big chunk to his ATK stat. Only downside is Kaioken cards always have some major critical drawback (health drain, bad tanking capabilities, etc), so I'm not sure how they'd be able to design a viable LR out of KK.
I'd pull for her but that's mostly because Kefla's always been good to me lol. Mine's maxed out and she's always came in handy in events.

LR Kaio-Ken Goku would be dope though. That sounds like a great idea.

It probably going be Super Buu and the Trunks n Mai card.

Secretly wishing it the f2p LR super Vegeta card
Doubt it tbh. Given Japan's got the same announcement and they already had those cards recently (especially the Trunks/Mai one) it wouldn't make any sense.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Dokkan Youtubers hype everything up. Man, I'm still upset I spent so many stones on that Hit banner and didn't even get him. That's the WORST I've ever been shafted in this game and I like Hit. I'm going to be upset if this banner has some category leads and I end up pulling him there.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Dokkan Youtubers hype everything up. Man, I'm still upset I spent so many stones on that Hit banner and didn't even get him. That's the WORST I've ever been shafted in this game and I like Hit. I'm going to be upset if this banner has some category leads and I end up pulling him there.

I was watching Dokkan Youtube over the weekend, and man, people were going crazy over Hit (when they weren't screaming about the movie units in JP, that is).

Like, I like Hit a lot, and he's a really fun unit to play with, but his true strength is pretty much limited solely to Super Battle Road, which definitely neuters his appeal a lot.

Piku_Ringo

Oct 28, 2017

i got over 900 stones in stock, let's see how you're gonna try to make me spend even a single one on this new banner?

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LR Transforming Garlic Jr.

I would be down for a Garlic Jr card period.

Banner giving me hype. After eagerly awaiting the disappointing Christmas banner, I got them stones burning a hole through my phone. If its as good as Dokkaner says, I might drop a good chunk to pull whatever is in it.

I could use some more LRs, even if they are older.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I was watching Dokkan Youtube over the weekend, and man, people were going crazy over Hit (when they weren't screaming about the movie units in JP, that is).

Like, I like Hit a lot, and he's a really fun unit to play with, but his true strength is pretty much limited solely to Super Battle Road, which definitely neuters his appeal a lot.
Yeah exactly and the same guys who hyped him up are the same ones hyping up all the other banners. Rhymestyle interestingly enough is one of the only ones these days who's more negative on Dokkan than a lot of the others. He's been shafted pretty hard on it compared to Legends.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah exactly and the same guys who hyped him up are the same ones hyping up all the other banners. Rhymestyle interestingly enough is one of the only ones these days who's more negative on Dokkan than a lot of the others. He's been shafted pretty hard on it compared to Legends.

Yup. Rhymestyle also almost exclusively plays JP as far as Dokkan goes, so he's been even more quiet than usual as far as new banners are concerned these days. Nano and the others are way more focused on the global side, even if all of them also play JP as well.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Rhymestyle also almost exclusively plays JP as far as Dokkan goes, so he's been even more quiet than usual as far as new banners are concerned these days. Nano and the others are way more focused on the global side, even if all of them also play JP as well.
Rhymestyle had like 3 Broly/Gogeta banners where he spent like 1000 stones and I don't even know if he came out with 1 of those 2 units but Nano on the other hand, Nano, D-Free, all these other dudes are getting great summons. Legends is different. Even I, someone who doesn't like the Legends gameplay system, endeds up getting 3 of the 4 new units with the last banner, I'm only missing that new base Vegeta. With Dokkan it's a different story.

I just wish it would be more leveled with the Youtubers because they're giving out a bad representation of how the game is. Yeah, they can summon a lot and all that but they don't need to be hyping up everything as they do like that.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Also, will probably miss all the shenanigans tonight, but Happy New Year, DokkanEra! May your pulls be fruitful and non-shafty.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Rhymestyle had like 3 Broly/Gogeta banners where he spent like 1000 stones and I don't even know if he came out with 1 of those 2 units but Nano on the other hand, Nano, D-Free, all these other dudes are getting great summons. Legends is different. Even I, someone who doesn't like the Legends gameplay system, endeds up getting 3 of the 4 new units with the last banner, I'm only missing that new base Vegeta. With Dokkan it's a different story.

I just wish it would be more leveled with the Youtubers because they're giving out a bad representation of how the game is. Yeah, they can summon a lot and all that but they don't need to be hyping up everything as they do like that.
Just don't watch them, they add nothing to the community.

Just look at the video posted just above here, he is just reading the autotranslated news post, at least on Reddit you will get an actual translation if you need it.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Just don't watch them, they add nothing to the community.

Just look at the video posted just above here, he is just reading the autotranslated news post, at least on Reddit you will get an actual translation if you need it.
I watch Rhymestyle's videos because his summoning experience is pretty similar to mine. Sometimes he does good, sometimes he does bad but it's pretty leveled. These others I only watch their news videos rather than the summons. All these others though, it just seems weird how they get as great of summons as they get. I wouldn't be surprised if they record multiple videos and only put up the ones where they get the units they need.

They better not be teasing an LR or Dokkanfest Android 19/20 combo. That would be a hype destroyer moment.
Yeah that would be a de-hyper. I'd be ok with it however if that were setting up Dokkan returning back to the Android/Cell Sagas though. For a while I've been saying we need some TURs of the Cell Games with Gohan and Cell. We also need the Androids to have a better LR set since they're heavily trashed on these days but yeah that would suck.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that would be a de-hyper. I'd be ok with it however if that were setting up Dokkan returning back to the Android/Cell Sagas though. For a while I've been saying we need some TURs of the Cell Games with Gohan and Cell. We also need the Androids to have a better LR set since they're heavily trashed on these days but yeah that would suck.

If it's just a joke unit I'm fine with it, but as a full-on LR or Dokkanfest it just feels really tone-deaf and weird. Especially after how underwhelming Christmas was for Global.

Piku_Ringo

Oct 28, 2017
That God Goku Legends step up banner truly is godly. Second guaranteed ticket I got netted me Godku that escaped me from the multi summons I did. Wish Dokkan would do more of those banners.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
"Thank you for another great year, Dokkan fans! To show our appreciation, here are some mediocre bundles you can spend money on! Who said anything about new units? SPEND!"
Would be funny for JPN if they put the new Broly and Gogeta on 1 banner similar to the Tanabata banner that dropped except with better rates.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind an LR Gohan/Piccolo ToP unit. They need one.

That God Goku Legends step up banner truly is godly. Second guaranteed ticket I got netted me Godku that escaped me from the multi summons I did. Wish Dokkan would do more of those banners.
It really was. I ended up getting him, Kaio-Ken Goku and Beerus all within 1 full round. They need more on Dokkan because I've never had an experience like that here. The closest thing I've had is pulling 3 LR Vegettos and 2 LR Gogetas during that celebration this year. That's by far my greatest luck in any gacha game.
The truth would end up having a massive stroke due to how the movie banners fucked him over just to pull and rainbow Gogeta
Yep exactly lol.

Last edited:

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't this supposed to drop soon? Definitely curious... Wonder if the all the backlash from the shitty Christmas "celebration" got their attention.