• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever the LR step-up shows up as well.

Oh yeah. I'm saving up for two banners as of right now:
GLR, so 200 stones.
Ikari Trunks (even though his leader skill sucks. If it was time travelers it would've been perfect. But Future Saga means I can run LR Vegito Blue, Black/Zamasu and Family Kamehameha LR ... Plus Gogeta and my rainbow, soon EZAed Black.)

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Why isn't there anything for Piccolo Day, Dokkan? >:O

2fakZSDrqjBvUb2Unn4Kr_0sVof8I0XR7IeLhFd02Wo.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
4th anniversary banners I think.
What kind of team.are you running/do you plan on running ?

I don't honestly know. I hate GT, and I don't want to spend any resources on Super Saiyan 4s or that hideous Baby Vegeta card, much less literally anything to do with Pan.

It's rough. Transforming Vegeta was like the one unit I really wanted and the game made sure I didn't get him, now it's just gonna be months of crap banners.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'm on the same boat. The last usable card I pulled was Gogeta Blue, and that took every stone I had.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
But... I'm the only one waiting for a new SBR?
It's the only thing that keeps the game alive for me... no reason to going on pulling new cards if I have no use for them... :\
SBR1 today is super easy
SBR2 is still challenging, but I finished it and got all the rewards...
Battlefield is nice, but just a distraction month to month to use my best cards.

The real deal is always SBR... and now we have so many new categories to pick from.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't tried any SBRs in weeks, I'm usually busy on weekends now and this bizarre decision to only open them at those times is really counter-intuitive.

The only thing to do in the game is only open for 2 days, like wtf?

But it's still a artificially inflated bullshit RNG-fest mode, so nothing of much value is being lost anyway.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
But... I'm the only one waiting for a new SBR?
It's the only thing that keeps the game alive for me... no reason to going on pulling new cards if I have no use for them... :\
SBR1 today is super easy
SBR2 is still challenging, but I finished it and got all the rewards...
Battlefield is nice, but just a distraction month to month to use my best cards.

The real deal is always SBR... and now we have so many new categories to pick from.

Supposedly a new event of that difficulty (some Goku thingy) is coming to JP, so something more is on the way.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I wish SBR was open on the weekdays. Even just typs (AGL on Mondays, etc) would be nice. Weekends are too busy for me generally, but right now I've got nothing going on that I could try a SBR. I think I've done like... 5/10 of the original set, maybe one of the new ones

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't tried any SBRs in weeks, I'm usually busy on weekends now and this bizarre decision to only open them at those times is really counter-intuitive.

The only thing to do in the game is only open for 2 days, like wtf?

But it's still a artificially inflated bullshit RNG-fest mode, so nothing of much value is being lost anyway.

I agree both on the "open only on weekend" bad decision, and the fact that is mostly RNG luck... at least on the release, then with new units it became easier...
I can easily beat the "Resurrected Warrior" SBR with my team, but it's a strong team.

Sure I would prefer to let the SBR thing die for a new mode, more balance, less rng, more interesting.
Battlefield is already something better.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I agree both on the "open only on weekend" bad decision, and the fact that is mostly RNG luck... at least on the release, then with new units it became easier...
I can easily beat the "Resurrected Warrior" SBR with my team, but it's a strong team.

Sure I would prefer to let the SBR thing die for a new mode, more balance, less rng, more interesting.
Battlefield is already something better.

Yeah. SBR is just way too reliant on rare support items and RNG rather than actual player skill or gameplay balance. It's dumb. Let it die, come up with something new.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Did the full step up LR on JP. Final banner had SS3 STR Vegeta, FP SS4 Goku and LR Frieza and Goku.

I might consider maining JP from here on out, my F2P gacha luck is much better.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Top Gross gave me enough for the final step of the second run and got the LR Bros. Free pull was crap, but won't complain.

Practically out of stones, so now back to hoarding.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Great already 30 free stones! :O
Got back to >200 stones already!
My luck is great lately so I dont have to spend too much stones on the banner! (not that I chase too much featured units.. not got the new black, but still decent cards on the banner so i stopped)

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say with all the free stones from Goku day and top ranking and EZA, I think I'm back up to positive after the 3+1 pulls. That's fine by me, scratched the pull itch and I'm back to good saving.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to do 2 more pulls to finish off my runs to see if I can get the next stand alone Gohan and ended up getting him. I needed this dude bad. Guess that offsets me having car trouble right now.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Did some pulls, more than I should have honestly, but I got another SSBE Vegeta, New Gohan, and two Teq VBs which allowed me to rainbow him. So not a total loss.

Was bummed as my first pull was Hercule on Buu's back. I didn't realize that could just mean a Dokkanfest unit and wasn't just for LRs. Ended up being SSJ3 Broly.

But just back to saving now for the Anniversary though I'm already mentally preparing to not pull the LRs but hopefully get some of the other units.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got to the last health bar on the Goku event, but unfortunately it was my worst rotation and he supered Teq Zamasu and Black. I was so close... shows that it's doabl, but damn is it tough.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
To the STR U.Gohan and PHY Super Vegito which I never managed to get, ahahaha fuck you.
All SBRs done.
IMG-0612.png

IMG-0613.png

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also just beat my final SBR, Majin Buu Saga. But I did it with LR Vegito as my leader. I've tried that way a bunch of times before but the stars finally aligned. Bring on new stages pls.

Zerokku

Oct 25, 2017
Another attempt at the step up:

And yet more useless, pointless trash cards.

I'm so tired of putting time and energy into this fucking game and getting less than nothing for it.

Dude. Just uninstall. In the 8 months I've been playing this game and frequenting this thread I don't think I've seen you be happy with it even once. I feel like this game is legit making you unhappy and you're clearly sinking time (and money from what I've gathered from some of your posts) into it and just constantly being frustrated. At the end of the day it's a game. It's supposed to be fun. Forget about any time or money you've sunk into it and just walk away, for your own sake.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Dude. Just uninstall. In the 8 months I've been playing this game and frequenting this thread I don't think I've seen you be happy with it even once. I feel like this game is legit making you unhappy and you're clearly sinking time (and money from what I've gathered from some of your posts) into it and just constantly being frustrated. At the end of the day it's a game. It's supposed to be fun. Forget about any time or money you've sunk into it and just walk away, for your own sake.

The problem is that enjoyment with the game is tied entirely to pull luck, and my ability to pull literally anything of note seems to be completely cursed. Seeing everyone around me getting LRs and banner cards while I get dupes on top of dupes on top of dupes of trash units with no use is incredibly disheartening.

I haven't pulled anything of value since Broly back in February. I'd sell my account, but the chances of getting money for it are just near zero at this point.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I should attempt this, sadly missing that godly PHY Gohan support though.
He can be replaced, he just turns the LR Bros into a monster. From my runs he is way more needed on Majin Buu Saga SBR team since you need to burn enemies health fast to survive.

Bring something PHY or STR since final stage in both are PHY enemies only.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to talk sense into Planet is a fool's errand. I've tried, others have tried. He's determined to be miserably playing this game it seems. He's not happy unless he pulls the one new shiny unit, and then he's tolerable for 5 minutes, until the next unit he doesn't pull comes around. Like, literally everyone who plays this game goes through this cycle, but Planet seems to think he's the only one who has bad luck now and again. And on top of that he thinks anything that's not the hardest-hitting dokkanfest unit is complete trash. It's pointless.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to talk sense into Planet is a fool's errand. I've tried, others have tried. He's determined to be miserably playing this game it seems. He's not happy unless he pulls the one new shiny unit, and then he's tolerable for 5 minutes, until the next unit he doesn't pull comes around. Like, literally everyone who plays this game goes through this cycle, but Planet seems to think he's the only one who has bad luck now and again. And on top of that he thinks anything that's not the hardest-hitting dokkanfest unit is complete trash. It's pointless.

I know damn well it's not just me. But when you're four banners in a row without a single card that actually does something for you, there really isn't much to do except complain about the game. It's not like my bad pulls have units like TEQ Super Saiyan God Goku in them - I'm pulling down sixth and seventh copies of literal garbage cards like STR Beerus and STR Great Ape Fasha.

Believe me, I'd love nothing more than to actually feel good about a pull again.

Oct 25, 2017
I know damn well it's not just me. But when you're four banners in a row without a single card that actually does something for you, there really isn't much to do except complain about the game. It's not like my bad pulls have units like TEQ Super Saiyan God Goku in them - I'm pulling down sixth and seventh copies of literal garbage cards like STR Beerus and STR Great Ape Fasha.

Believe me, I'd love nothing more than to actually feel good about a pull again.
You severely undervalue legitemately good cards. Which goes back to the point of 'He's not happy unless he pulls the one new shiny unit'. The statement isn't even entirely accurate because you pulled both Gogeta and Broly and still complained. There's no winning

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You severely undervalue legitemately good cards. Which goes back to the point of 'He's not happy unless he pulls the one new shiny unit'. The statement isn't even entirely accurate because you pulled both Gogeta and Broly and still complained. There's no winning

I didn't complain after getting Broly. What I said was that Broly isn't as strong without a dupe in him as I thought he would be - he's still an extremely good card and I use him all the time, he's just not as strong as the hype made it seem like he would be because he can't naturally crit.

As for other cards I "undervalue", I don't know what to tell you. Am I supposed to be happy that I pulled seven copies of PHY Super Buu? What's the damn point of him?

Zerokku

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that enjoyment with the game is tied entirely to pull luck, and my ability to pull literally anything of note seems to be completely cursed. Seeing everyone around me getting LRs and banner cards while I get dupes on top of dupes on top of dupes of trash units with no use is incredibly disheartening.

I haven't pulled anything of value since Broly back in February. I'd sell my account, but the chances of getting money for it are just near zero at this point.

Except if you have units like AGL SS3 Goku Rainbowed, your pull luck can't be that bad.

Like the post you made up there? Out of 5 SSRs you pulled 2 great units. A new top tier support for movie heroes, one of the stronger teams in the game. But you say "PHY Gohan fits onto absolutely no teams of note in any way that would be useful." which is categorically false. And one of the stronger EZA units in the game still. Yeah you have it rainbowed, And that is part of the risk of pulling on a banner that has units you have rainbowed. But all things considered, almost every player would be happy enough with that rotation. Or at the very least, not moaning like they can't possibly do anything worthwhile in the game with such bad luck.

Just cut your losses. Who cares if you would get money from selling your account. It doesn't have to be a transaction. Just step away.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Except if you have units like AGL SS3 Goku Rainbowed, your pull luck can't be that bad.

Like the post you made up there? Out of 5 SSRs you pulled 2 great units. A new top tier support for movie heroes, one of the stronger teams in the game. But you say "PHY Gohan fits onto absolutely no teams of note in any way that would be useful." which is categorically false. And one of the stronger EZA units in the game still. Yeah you have it rainbowed, And that is part of the risk of pulling on a banner that has units you have rainbowed. But all things considered, almost every player would be happy enough with that rotation. Or at the very least, not moaning like they can't possibly do anything worthwhile in the game with such bad luck.

Just cut your losses. Who cares if you would get money from selling your account. It doesn't have to be a transaction. Just step away.

Movie Heroes doesn't need a supporter, especially not one who can't do any damage unless he's fighting a Movie Bosses enemy. Give him a passive that lets him actually contribute to a regular fight or be able to take a hit from an enemy without crumpling like paper and I'd use him, but as he is now, he's no better than the F2P LR Great Saiyaman 1&2 I've had for months. The Saiyamen may suck at damage dealing, but at least they can take a damn hit. And they give more ki and DEF than Gohan does! That's why I said Gohan isn't useful, because he compares unfavorably to a F2P unit you get from the friend summon.

As for AGL SSJ3 Goku? He's been around for so long that if your account is as old as mine you would pretty much have him rainbowed by default. So instead he just gets used as Baba Shop fodder. No one is excited to pull Baba Shop fodder. I have over 800,000 Baba points right now because of bad pulls.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't complain after getting Broly. What I said was that Broly isn't as strong without a dupe in him as I thought he would be - he's still an extremely good card and I use him all the time, he's just not as strong as the hype made it seem like he would be because he can't naturally crit.

As for other cards I "undervalue", I don't know what to tell you. Am I supposed to be happy that I pulled seven copies of PHY Super Buu? What's the damn point of him?
You pulled 2-3 TEQ FP Goku. your reasoning that he wasn't necessary was that you already had a FP lead in Broly. If that's the case why complain so much you didn't get the new Transforming Vegeta when you already had SSBE to lead pure saiyans- it's because you need the newest thing or else you go on the same shitfit tirade.

You complained about pulling TEQ VB when Transforming Goku came out because his leader skill got 'replaced' with the new Goku even though no one uses that Goku for a lead unless it's as a sub for a category lead you don't have.

You complain when you pull dupes for good cards again- because you need the newest card or else

You will never be satisfied with this game

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You pulled 2-3 TEQ FP Goku. your reasoning that he wasn't necessary was that you already had a FP lead in Broly. If that's the case why complain so much you didn't get the new Transforming Vegeta when you already had SSBE to lead pure saiyans- it's because you need the newest thing or else you go on the same shitfit tirade.

You complained about pulling TEQ VB when Transforming Goku came out because his leader skill got 'replaced' with the new Goku even though no one uses that Goku for a lead unless it's as a sub for a category lead you don't have.

You complain when you pull dupes for good cards again- because you need the newest card or else

I wanted transforming Vegeta because I like Vegeta and like transforming units. I'm well aware that his leaderskill overlaps with Evolution Vegeta's and that's fine. I like the character. I wouldn't have pulled that hard if it was a Gotenks, a Cell or a Majin Buu, because I don't give a shit about them. Hence why completely skipped Transforming Buu when he came out.

As for Full Power Goku? I have yet to find a single use for him since he fits terribly into the Broly-led Full Power/Movie Bosses team I've built. Forgive me if I'm not excited for a benchwarmer.