• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming I would get 50 stones in time, should I do Step 3 of the New Year's Banner or the Dragonball Heroes Banner? Of the guaranteed units in Step 3, I'm only missing Kid Goku and Super Saiyan Blue Evo Vegeta. I don't own any Heroes characters.

Definitely skip Heroes. New Year's banner keeps being tempting. I personally got lots of SSRs, both very good dupes and new characters alike. So it was never a waste to pull on that one.

On the other hand, the anniversary units are probably stupidly OP so you could try for those.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna say neither and save those stones. Heroes characters are very inessential. And if you can't complete the step-up for an LR and you don't need many characters on that step it's probably better to save.
Definitely skip Heroes. New Year's banner keeps being tempting. I personally got lots of SSRs, both very good dupes and new characters alike. So it was never a waste to pull on that one.

On the other hand, the anniversary units are probably stupidly OP so you could try for those.
Thanks for the advice. I guess what made me want to do Step 3 was the shot at Evo Vegeta and mayyyybe a surprise LR, but I know that's a fool's chase.

Heroes was attractive because of the limited nature and the fact that they can be useful in Super Battle Road. But I think I will just save for now unless I somehow am able to finish all the New Years Banner steps. Thanks for the advice!

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
A skill ball is a function that only characters of UR or higher can be used for each character as well as their potential. By equipping skill balls, you can improve the status and raise the potential skill Lv.

A skill ball is an extension of the potential skill, and each skill ball increases HP, ATK, and DEF. There are also skill balls with potential skills such as continuous attack and critical.

There are three frames for equipping skill balls: copper frame, silver frame, and gold frame. Certain conditions must be met in order to open each slot.

Skill ball (copper frame) release condition The skill ball (copper frame) is released by awakening to the UR .

Skill ball (silver frame) release condition The skill ball (silver frame) is released by setting each character's Special Move Lv to 10 .

A skill ball has the concept of attributes and rarity. The higher the rarity, the higher the effect. Details about the attributes are unknown.

Either the skill ball with the same attribute as the skill ball can only be worn, or the effect is higher if the character and skill ball have the same attribute.

Skill ball (gold frame) release condition The skill ball (gold frame) will be released by releasing the second potential additional route of each character .

Skill balls can be obtained at various events. According to the information on the V Jump, a "training event with Whis" will be held and available there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/erp1sw/skill_balls_info/

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
I could see this helping units out like Super Buu or Goku Black who are massively underwhelming with asinine transforming conditions.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see this helping units out like Super Buu or Goku Black who are massively underwhelming with asinine transforming conditions.
If anything I think it'll do the opposite - increase the already sizeable gap between the good units and the not so good ones. It'll also depend on how rare equipment is tho. If it's abundant enough that you'll have it on everyone after a little while, the power gap will remain pretty much what it is. There's no fixing the busted design of INT Black without an actual redesign.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019

Goku Jr. with sticker.

This would be cool if the game's card art wasn't 240p.
If anything I think it'll do the opposite - increase the already sizeable gap between the good units and the not so good ones. It'll also depend on how rare equipment is tho. If it's abundant enough that you'll have it on everyone after a little while, the power gap will remain pretty much what it is. There's no fixing the busted design of INT Black without an actual redesign.
I don't disagree, I was talking moreso on a personal note. Itll at least give me a bit more of a reason to run these guys.

Unless they make even harder content, which I doubt.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
When you thought they couldn't make the cards look any lamer, they add swirly effects to go with the ugly diamonds.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was able to complete step 2 yesterday and got my first TEQ Zamasu/Goku Black LR.

At this point in Dokkan, is there any teams he isnt outdated on?

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was able to complete step 2 yesterday and got my first TEQ Zamasu/Goku Black LR.

At this point in Dokkan, is there any teams he isnt outdated on?
Depends on your box of course but he's not really that great damage-wise or defense-wise anymore. I don't think he makes any APTimal teams (max attack per turn). Just a very awkwardly designed card. Has no defense until after supering (and then still not much), but needs to get hit a bunch to get strong. Does do good damage once fully built up, but in the average dokkan event that's typically not until turn 6 or something, ie. the fight is over anyway. A real shame, I want to use the card, but it's just not that good. And unlike INT Black, he doesn't even get to shine in longer events. Just a bit useless atm.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel kinda cheated by that LR Ginyu Goku yoi get for maxing all the ginyu force. They've been a crucial part of building my prime battle teams then they throw you a 100% lead for the category tied to them but ofc hes the only one that cant be used on prime battles.

Could have been a great use for him but realistically I dunno if I'd ever bother with him this way.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I feel kinda cheated by that LR Ginyu Goku yoi get for maxing all the ginyu force. They've been a crucial part of building my prime battle teams then they throw you a 100% lead for the category tied to them but ofc hes the only one that cant be used on prime battles.

Could have been a great use for him but realistically I dunno if I'd ever bother with him this way.

Using a namek saga lead or similar works well enough when you can't use the LR Ginku I find. (ie an event STR Kid Gohan which is what I used when I can't use LR Ginku)

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I had hit 50 stones again, and decided to just burn it on the DBH summon, to collect some ones I didn't have.

Accidentally clicked on the New Years summon instead, since I assumed top one would be the most current. Was really frustrated until the last card ended up being PHY LR Cell. One of the ones I'm missing, lol.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
It seems all LRs are in this Rising Dragon banner (only gave it a quick glance but Broly was there, which is usually the cutoff point for LRs).

Last edited:

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There should be a much better double rates banner coming up with LR SSJ Goku featured on it, so hold out for that if you want LRs. I plan to go hard on that.

Also the JP Livestream for the anniversary is next Thursday the 30th. A bit late.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I could certainly go for a good double rates banner with some LRs. Sitting on 550 atm and could really go for a change of units. The new years one is great but I got all the steps in so I feel like I've had most I'd want off there.

Kinda wish the christmas one was still around so I could chase that LR SSJ4 Goku. Another that gets easy U supers like that would probably mean an easy win on some more of the boss rushes too.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
I could certainly go for a good double rates banner with some LRs. Sitting on 550 atm and could really go for a change of units. The new years one is great but I got all the steps in so I feel like I've had most I'd want off there.

Kinda wish the christmas one was still around so I could chase that LR SSJ4 Goku. Another that gets easy U supers like that would probably mean an easy win on some more of the boss rushes too.
For what it's worth the LR SSJ4s come back in the Majin Vegeta/SSJ3 Goku dual banners. We should be getting those on April.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth the LR SSJ4s come back in the Majin Vegeta/SSJ3 Goku dual banners. We should be getting those on April.

Oh awesome! I might just save a good supply up for them then tbh. They're making it pretty easy not to impulse pull right now at least.

Do wish they cycled some more of these missions back out though. I figure awakening Baby Vegeta could be quite a wait. Theres always the keys but they dont seem to dump them often enough to be a reliable way to get that last step done. Or even just a couple other EZA's swapped in would have been good. Slim week for stuff to do in general it seems.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've finally been able to beat the Pure Saiyan SBR. I had to switch it up a bit and go for a more high def/high attack route with the small possibility of some stuns. Still insanely hard. And a lucky stun saved me in the end. But I'm glad I was able to finish that one.

Last SBR is the SSJ3 one which I won't bother attempting until I got some more units. I'm missing an LR, Transforming Goku or the Hero cards so I don't think it's possible for me.

Flambe

Faster than Light
Oct 25, 2017
Heyyyy, been playing on and off since release and finally hit 1000 days for Spirit Bomb Goku! Is he still good =s lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Quiet times in Dokkanville lately. Managed to pull this chump on the Weekend Summon banner on Friday night and awakened him this morning:

image.png

Probably one of the least hype LRs overall, but getting him for free with 0 stone investment is pretty much the best case scenario. First time I've ever pulled an LR from the Weekend Summon, too!

Heyyyy, been playing on and off since release and finally hit 1000 days for Spirit Bomb Goku! Is he still good =s lol

He's a very good general leader since he gives stats and ki to all types. Once you have a good stable of category leaders, you generally won't use him for that unless you have no other option, but he's a great card to keep in your back pocket. Some events he'll still be useful on.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I only use that Goku on Battlefield, as a back up leader in case I mess up one of my teams / when i'm too lazy to reorganize my roster for a new Battlefield.

He can also be somewhat of a nuker / healer.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So how do people go about getting sa 20 on the prime battle LR's? I have all but Cell now however left them all at sa 10 for now. I'm guessing grind copies to the first awakening? Which I guess I'd really want a whole load of awakening mats stocked up for.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
So how do people go about getting sa 20 on the prime battle LR's? I have all but Cell now however left them all at sa 10 for now. I'm guessing grind copies to the first awakening? Which I guess I'd really want a whole load of awakening mats stocked up for.
You either feed them 10 elder kais or grind up another LR to feed into them which raises their SA level by 10.

I just feed em kais, but I know some people are willing to do the latter.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You either feed them 10 elder kais or grind up another LR to feed into them which raises their SA level by 10.

I just feed em kais, but I know some people are willing to do the latter.

Yeah I'm thinking I'll just do the same tbh. Maybe use up the sr kai and hope for some luck or the element specific ones on them. Seems too much of a grind for units I doubt I'll even get that much use from.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
I just save a ton of the 30% chance kais to get a few "free" SA ups and then feed regular kais if the unit didn't hit SA 20.

For example I had like 25 kais and got 8 level ups, so I only had to spend 2 regular kais.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If you had any doubts about the upcoming units it is 100% Gogeta/Vegito now.

F2P Kid Broly and Kid Vegeta.
F2P Zamasu.

vinvm5li3ad41.jpg

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if those are their typings. Another busted Super AGL LR, lol. and the previous LR Gogeta was also PHY. But lord knows PHY Needs some good LRs.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So that's a new Vegito or the old one and theres new ones coming for JP? I'd probably chase for the old one as I dont really have any good PHY units. Both the old PHY vegito are kinda weak compared to the rest of my rainbow team. Speaking of which I was planning to ask, do LR not show up in the banner rates or are there none on the new years summon?

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
So that's a new Vegito or the old one and theres new ones coming for JP? I'd probably chase for the old one as I dont really have any good PHY units. Both the old PHY vegito are kinda weak compared to the rest of my rainbow team. Speaking of which I was planning to ask, do LR not show up in the banner rates or are there none on the new years summon?

That's the old F2P LR Vegito Blue.

New ones will be hitting JP soon

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's the old F2P LR Vegito Blue.

New ones will be hitting JP soon
He's an f2p unit?! Well damn, I'm definitely going for him. Was it like a prime battle? I suspecting they'd have made him a lot harder to get than that.

Edit: been having a read up on what I could and I can see that Vegito from the vegito dokkan event can level his SA so I figure I'll grind them out in advance. Is that unit a 100% chance on the VB unit or not? If not I guess ill grab 30 or so to be safe but will need to clean out my box too

Last edited:

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Time to save stones!
I dont like nor the new Cooler nor the Android units that should come to GLB... so it will be very easy for me.
I actually am just logging in the game by a few weeks I think...

True im already saving them, what im doing is to help me so i had 20 ds and single them away on 2rates banner, then im saving everything on gift box until anniv.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
True im already saving them, what im doing is to help me so i had 20 ds and single them away on 2rates banner, then im saving everything on gift box until anniv.

Yup! Time to save. I'm at like 15 stones right now? I honestly shouldn't have spent on my last pull but whatever. I have a great box and can just hang on for a bit. I do definitely have some cards to Dokkan awaken, but I'm so lazy and I doubt I'll ever use those.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Alright I'm bored and on a train ride so time to predict the year 5 banners.

Gogeta:
- New LR Gogeta
- New Bardock (DBS)
- LR Gohan
- LR Gogeta
- SSJ Gogeta
- SSJ Broly
- PHY Piccolo
- STR Gogeta
- AGL Broly

Vegito:
- New LR Vegito
- New Rage Trunks (uses Mafuuba)
- LR Cell
- LR Vegito
- TEQ Trunks
- AGL Zamasu
- INT Future Gohan
- AGL Super Vegito
- TEQ Blue Vegeta

So I tried to make them more or less counterparts to each other while also being heavily based on their respective arcs, similar to how previous anniversary banners have been. I do also think there's a high chance these have 3 featured LRs, the SSJ4s already returned on a dual banner while Gohan and Cell have not, and I'm 90% sure the old fusion LRs are gonna be back.

Rest of the exclusives are ones related to their arcs or themes, so it made sense to me to put the old DBS Broly DFEs and the recent Future Trunks arc DFEs in there, you could argue that maybe the DBS Broly units have been around too much but they're still top tier units with amazing leader skills and passives.

Future Gohan and Piccolo are there because they're more recent DFEs and they're tangentially related to the arcs (Future Gohan being a Future character and Piccolo being the one who teaches the fusion dance to Vegeta in the movie)

The EZAs are self explanatory.

Now Bardock and Trunks. Bardock I think is happening, the recent Data DL had a shitton of Bardock assets, one of which definitely has to be a Super Attack frame, that and DBS Bardock remains unrepresented in the game. Trunks I'm less sure about, Dokkan has basically done everything and anything they can with the Goku Black arc, but between their love for spitting out Trunks cards whenever they have a chance and the little choices they have for a new Goku Black arc unit, I think it lines up pretty well for a Mafuuba Trunks unit.

Ready for Dokkan to blow all this up.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Anniversary looks dope. Deciding on how I need to spend my next set of summons until it hits Global. We've got...

Future Gohan - 1-2 summons max
Cooler - Going in hard
LR SSG Goku - 1-2 summons max
Android 13 - 1-2 summons max
LR SSj Goku - 2-4 summons so I can hit my 500 medal count
SSj3 Goku/Majin Vegeta - Not sure yet so who knows
5 Year Gogeta/Vegito - Going in hard

Last edited: