• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I find it weird because honestly Vegito vs Buuhan isn't exactly the climax of Buu Arc and the fight was just exposition to Vegito's creation (and ended as soon as it started).

Guess gimmick will be like INT Ribrianne's first turn transformation (Goku and Angel Vegeta > Vegito and Buutenks > Buuhan).

I also 100% expect Fusion Reborn LR Angel Goku and Angel Vegeta (Super Gogeta) vs LR Transforming Janemba DDF with similar transformation some time in the future.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it is just denial, but what if the unit starts as Goku & Vegeta and their active skill is fusing, but the fusion lasts only a number of turns and after its over they gain the ability to do the Spirit Bomb when Hercule is present.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it is just denial, but what if the unit starts as Goku & Vegeta and their active skill is fusing, but the fusion lasts only a number of turns and after its over they gain the ability to do the Spirit Bomb when Hercule is present.
At this point I expect the Final Hope Goku to be the Legendary banner summon.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
This is a authentication thing with the update being approved or something along those lines, right?

Well hopefully we get a couple dragon stones out of it.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
7 dragon stones!

Unless they do something for it, I think I'll not be able to complete the missions before reset so that's a stone lost.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
7 dragon stones!

Unless they do something for it, I think I'll not be able to complete the missions before reset so that's a stone lost.

Yeah, they'd have compensation for everyone that missed a login or stones or whatever. It's not ideal, but when the game is down for a full day, what can you really do?

Dig the new icon logo on iOS, at least.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually really look forward to a new Janemba card. With how animations are lately it would probably look great as well.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Janemba will be great. I'm honestly not upset about a new Super Vegito and upcoming Super Gogeta.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm in right now and I'll test it out.

Edit: Damn yeah this update is no joke. Base Kefla decked Champa and did 2.3M lol.

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Ticket banner is up. We got days until we get ours but everyone who's missing Namek Goku and Piccolo, good luck. Other notable units are are TEQ Hit, INT Black, INT Kid Goku, AGL SSJ Gogeta, PHY Broly, AGL Metal Cooler, STR Buu, INT 17 and the rest. JPN has TEQ Trunks and AGL Zamasu and that's the only difference it seems.

Pretty much what I predicted.

Last edited:

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Need that PHY PIccolo and AGL Metal Cooler.

I don't have PHY Transforming Vegeta but he's mid as hell anyway.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I wonder if this could indicate that anything not present here is game for the upcoming DDF banners. Though some of these units will probably make a showing.

Seanjeezy

Oct 30, 2017
Seattle
Been grinding links for my transformation boost team for the past couple of hours on the raditz stage, gotta use all those story keys for something lol

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This new mode is really weird, but I think I and starting to understand it. Also Vegito vs Buu is pretty much confirmed as their events go under maintenance.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah im not feeling this new mode but I don't think I get it either. I'm no fond of it baically being pure team building though as that's the aspect of the game I try to get out of the way usually.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah im not feeling this new mode but I don't think I get it either. I'm no fond of it baically being pure team building though as that's the aspect of the game I try to get out of the way usually.
Out of curiosity, what aspect of the game do you focus on / enjoy ? For me it's nearly an all team-building game (getting cards, making teams, symbiosis, etc...), so I'm surprised.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, what aspect of the game do you focus on / enjoy ? For me it's nearly an all team-building game (getting cards, making teams, symbiosis, etc...), so I'm surprised.
Honestly, mostly pulling, but outside of that largely just enjoying the staple fight scenes remade. A lot of the reason that I came back after quitting during year 2 was just how far the animations have come. That and with no new DB stuff to watch on the horizon withdrawal kicked in lol.

That said, I dont mind team building for stuff like IDH, SBR etc. Thats a bit more fun since there's a good challenge with good reward. The way this auto plays out just does nothing for me and if it wasn't for the stones I'd probably skip it.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Whew. Of course I have a lot of the units for the chain battle, but they aren't units I've maxed out... looks like I'll be trying to farm some ultimate Gohans and Majin Buus for a little bit before I attempt...

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, where's the TLDR on updating link skills? Is it just random for those units beating a stage?

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
And the more fights you have in a stage the more chances you have to level up.

What's everyone using as their main attacker for Chain Battle? Thus far I've had the most success with Str Ultimate Gohan at 44 million, but can't seem to get higher with different options.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
And the more fights you have in a stage the more chances you have to level up.

What's everyone using as their main attacker for Chain Battle? Thus far I've had the most success with Str Ultimate Gohan at 44 million, but can't seem to get higher with different options.

I used LR Gobros, got 56mil and am ranking top 5% right now. That's with barely any links or any real clue what I'm doing. Trying to get those with the glowing red as well, I can get super chain to max and ext to almost max. I'll watch a guide or something later

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit that new mode is obscure AF.
I have no idea how they managed to make something so needlessly complicated. I'll have to take a day off from work to understand half of what is explained.
Edit : iHaveNoIdeadWhatImDoing.gif and did 60M on my first try. 4-5%, guess it isn't too bad?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The Dokkan Now special is confirmed for a week from now. Place your bets as to what we'll get.

I'm guessing it'll be Goku/Vegeta into Vegito, Buuhan into Kid Buu and for the Legendary banners it'll be 2 as well. Kid Buu and a Goku/Vegeta exchange unit.

Scott x 2

Oct 27, 2017
From what I've read, you need to either STR Ult Gohan or INT Ult Gohan EZA and links should be Ult Gohan and a Buu... just is just from what I've read on the Dokkan discord.

The most I've managed is 33m so far and I'm out of turns today.

I'm not sure I fully understand what is going on mind...

Also, apparently the Raditz story even (stage 3 Z-Hard) and when that isn't on Area 23 Stage 8 (Super) for levelling links.

Can anyone explain how the tickets will work at the moment?

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
You'll get tickets for each stone spent in the last 12 months (no matter how you gathered those stones).
As for the new mode, I'm at 61M at the moment, top3%.

edit : not 1 stone = 1 ticket of course. I don't remember what the conversion is.

Last edited:

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm getting a ton of "nice" from the new event. I have all of the Ultimate Gohans, so I assume that's why people are grabbing my team.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, watched a video and I think I have a better understanding on the chain battle. Mini guide below:

1. Choose your units. Get ones that hit multiple categories if you can, especially for main attacker, and then units that will link well with your chosen main attacker
2. Get sub units that hit categories as well, but mostly you'll be using your friends units, and one of yours. Goal is to get the chain link filled for both Super and Extreme
3. At the midway point, choose 3 randomly selected units. Get good links but also the faster you choose the more damage you do

So for me, SUPER only had two units hit Majin Saga/Fusion/SSJ3 and that's PHY and DEX Gotenks. After that I kept Majin saga and fusion.
For EXT I had no Majin and fusion or Majin and SSJ3 so I went full Majin saga with some Buus that were red (still don't understand that part)

Went into battle, chose GoBros since I've been leveling their skills during the story event (2/2/2/3/3/2/1 -- so not even close to max yet).

For supports, there's lots of options. Some had fusions, some had Gohans. I went with Oops-All-Gohans and my STR Gohan lead which maxed the chain. I couldnt use the same connector again until reset, which stinks but I get it I guess. EXT came very close but did not max

Attacked, and for selector I saw 3 Buus and just chose them together.

Overall score: 41mil

My high score was 56, which is probably because I used the best connectors already. After reset I'll try again and maybe score a bit higher

EDIT: Ran it again and got double chain max (gohans and buus with 3 gohans as random fast selects). Score was 68 mil. So definitely get that bar maxed out! Currently in the top 2%. Looks like 70mil is 1%

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't tried it yet, I'll do it on lunch after I research it a bit more but basically, is it fun to yall? Are the rewards great?