• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt mind a full refund (600 stones? Yes please), but Im not holding my breath for anything of substance.

That way if it is a great compensation, itll make me feel even better.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Really hoping we get a full refund, I started a second rotation last night hoping to get more gems to finish it today buuut it's gone.

Honestly, I've played long enough to remember the 300 compensation for JPN for using the wrong art. If they don't do full refund, then it's a real turning point for the game I think

Reddit certainly thinks so. I remember the 300 compensation and subsequent meme whenever any type of error occurred.
I'd love a refund. I'd do another rotation for an LR and save the rest for Jiren, whenever he decides to show up.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Reddit certainly thinks so. I remember the 300 compensation and subsequent meme whenever any type of error occurred.
I'd love a refund. I'd do another rotation for an LR and save the rest for Jiren, whenever he decides to show up.

I'd get 200 back, so at this point I'd really debate about whether to do another step-up (assuming the fixed banner is also back) or waiting around for my boy Bojack.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty shitty. It's true the the chance of getting UI goku in those first few steps if this issue didn't exist is nearly nothing, but the fact that it actually is nothing when it shouldn't be is quite shitty.

It's the principle of it all really

Yeah worth nothing that the SSJ3 Goku isn't even listed in the news for the banner as one of the characters you can get from the GLR spot. Heard someone get him and didn't even know that was possible.
Yep, just a mess.

The banner is still down as we speak.

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
One thing to remember there is that it was spent stones + 300. Even if you spent nothing,, they just sent everyone 300 as an apology.

Oct 27, 2017
Themis I fucking hate you lol

1 summon on the Beyond Blue banner, gets the LR
Gets UI Goku and Kefla on the New Years banner
1 summon on the Frieza banner, gets the dokkanfest unit

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Gogeta and Bojack are the next DF banners on Global. Gogeta's probably next for a February drop as it would make sense and it would be dope for Global as it could keep us hype while Japan's going through their anniversary. Still I'd say that right now Bojack had a better banner in Japan because for as dope as Gogeta is, his banner had 8 featured and had guys like TEQ SSj4 Gogeta, TEQ FP SSj4 Goku and PHY Omega Shenron. Still it has the new Nuevo Shenron, Kefla might be switched out, Gobros and Piccolo. Bojack's banner has him, the new Zangya, TEQ Ultimate Gohan, AGL Bardock, AGL Android 13, INT Future Gohan, and PHY Future Gohan.

Both are dope though so you can't go wrong with either, just depends what you want.

Also keep a look out for Japan's anniversary banner that'll probably be revealed at the end of this month. Some of these units might be on those banners.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Some people over reddit are getting an email from Bandai.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Support.

Our sincerest apologies for the wait and for the trouble caused.

Regarding the reported case about the [New Year Dokkan Festival Step-Up Summon] banner, we are currently investigating the matter.

For more details about this, you may check the in-app notice.

**Please be advised that we are also planning on posting an additional in-app notice about this matter soon. **

Should you have other questions, or if this is not the issue you are reporting about, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you, and we hope for your kind understanding.

We ask for your continuous support.

Best regards, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the compensation will only be for those that actually summoned on the banner.

" And confirming measures to be taken for those who performed summons in the event "

Should be a refund of the stones spend imo.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're still figuring the best route to give us the least amount of currency.

The fact that SSJ3 Goku and UI Goku fuck-up might actually be real is a KI.

xKLpno2.gif

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the very least we're getting the full stone refunds. I can do the final lap of the step up, yay.

10 stones tho? Should have been 20, for the other half of 2021 that they've somehow left out

xKLpno2.gif

dommynick

Oct 26, 2017
Hm, no reset for those who did the full three laps (me). I'll happily take my free units though, that was a wild ride.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
610 stones as compensation!? Whooo!

Wasted 50 of those on the Frieza banner and got trash. Not so much whooo!

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2 multis in and pulled all the units that I was missing(except for the int golden frieza), probably the luckiest summons I've had since the Gumku banner, even got Whis AND Beerus to fly in together for the new Frieza pull.

Screenshot_20210105-214129_Dokkan2.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-144043_Dokkan2.jpg

Last edited:

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn just logged in and saw we got the refund. I think I'll just hold onto what I got now and save up for Gogeta/Anniversary. Got one copy of Frieza so I'm happy.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn! Got my 270 stones back, so glad I did those extra few before the banner left. To finish the rotations of my second round:

Step3: Transofrming Vegeta (already rainbow I believe)
Stap4: AGL Zamasu (3rd dupe)
Step5: Angel Frieza and Goku, FINALLY! Wanted this duo for forever.

Honestly nothing else interests me in the future so I'll do another round to test my luck, really need stuff on steps 3 and beyond.
Step1: AGL Rose
Step2: TEQ SSJ4 Gogeta (already rainbowed)
Step3: INT Goku Black (New)
Step4: AGL Zamasu

Shoot, I'm 11 stones shy. Time to farm something, maybe beat a SBR

It's really a shame all these SRs and Rs are worthless.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Finished my lap, got AGL Bardock and LR Trunks/Mai, both new.. Got enough for my last lap.

Did my 3rd lap, new cards include PHY Future Gohan, LR GT Trio.
At least I got 2 new LRs but I'm more excited for the category leads.

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Debated about finishing that last rotation and I'm glad I did. Ended up getting 3 LRs in that 1 rotation. STR Beerus (1st dupe believe it or not), PHY Bardock (again, first dupe believe it or not) and...STR UI Goku.

So in my first rotation when the banner was broken I got LR UI Goku in that last guaranteed spot.
Second rotation I got Caulifla/Kale (put them at 90%).
Last rotation when the banner's first I got another LR UI Goku (which puts him at 79%).

I made a killing in these banners. Love it!!!

Now onto SSj4 Gogeta.

Oct 25, 2017
So far all my pulls on the GLR have been utter trash. Only my very first pull gave me something I was missing and it was INT Kidd buu. Every other pull has been 1 SSR and a SSR which I either had rainbowed or at least 2 dupes in thus basically useless. Even on the 4th step where I need 8/12 units I've pulled 2 I owned already

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Gogeta should be February, right?

We should also know the details on the Anniversary units then as well I think.

Side note but I sometimes think it would be neat if the game had a section where you could view a complete library of all units in the game and how many of them you have pulled total.

Oct 25, 2017

Side note but I sometimes think it would be neat if the game had a section where you could view a complete library of all units in the game and how many of them you have pulled total.
You can sorta do that already. If you go to Team > Dokkan Awaken there is a list of all the dokkan awakenable units. You can sort it to show which ones are acquired and unacquired too

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I'm guessing late this month or early February. Once the banner units come out it'll be easier to map out exactly what banners people can save or go hard on. Those anniversary banners will be the craziest in this game's history I bet.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
You can sorta do that already. If you go to Team > Dokkan Awaken there is a list of all the dokkan awakenable units. You can sort it to show which ones are acquired and unacquired too

I knew about that section but I somehow never realized you could sort it by Aquired!

I'd still love to have an overall history with the numbers to go along with it.

Yeah I'm guessing late this moth or early February. Once the banner units come out it'll be easier to map out exactly what banners people can save or go hard on. Those anniversary banners will be the craziest in this game's history I bet.

I believe its all but confirmed officially to be an MUI Goku for one of them. I think I heard rumors or speculation the other would be a SSBE Vegeta for the other one.

I really hope my luck for those is as good as it was for last anniversary.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was halfway through my last rotation of the Step Up Banner, so I went ahead and finished it with the refund. I managed to get my first copies of STR SSBKK Goku and the LR GT Trio. Ended up with 380 stones left. Super tempted to try for Frieza and Cooler (I never pulled him), but I'm hesitant after getting SSBKK who would have been the one I wanted most.

Edit: I don't know why I even say this, I can't just not summon, haha. I didn't three more multis on Frieza and got Frieza. Good enough for me.

Last edited:

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got 420 stones refunded, that's dope!

1st round:
  • 20 stones: TEQ Broly (1st dupe)
  • 30 stones: INT Youth goku (new) and PHY #17 (2nd dupe)
  • 50 stones: AGL SS Gogeta (new)
  • 50 stones: PHY SS Gohan (1st dupe), TEQ Trunks (3rd dupe) and STR Cooler (1st dupe)
  • 50 stones: Bulpan and LR Teq broly (new)
2nd round:
  • 20 stones: AGL SS2 Goku (2nd dupe) and STR Janemba (new)
  • 30 stones: STR Jiren (1st dupe)
  • 50 stones: AGL SSGSS Vegeta (1st dupe) and TEQ Hit (1st dupe)
  • 50 stones: TEQ Trunks (4th dupe, rainbowed now)
  • 50 stones: PHY Pan (new), AGL Super #17 (1st dupe) and LR STR UI Goku (1st dupe)
3rd round:
  • 20 stones: Teq Gohan kid (2nd dupe), PHY Shenron (2nd dupe), INT UI Goku (1st dupe) and STR SS4 Goku (2nd dupe)
  • 30 stones: PHY #17 (3rd dupe)
  • 50 stones: STR #21 (new), STR Goku (new)
  • 50 stones: STR Transforming Buu (1st dupe), STR Kefla (new)
  • 50 stones: LR Androids trio (new)
Really happy with my pulls on this banner, the last rotation got me Kefla and Final trump Goku as well. Was looking at them in the red coin store, happy i pulled them here instead.

Last edited:

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Got 200DS refund and went on step banner again, and i got LR PHY Cell, another useless copy for PHY DBS Broly, Goku Youth (finally got this man!!!), dupe for AGL Bardock and LR INT God Goku (first copy).

not bad.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Did another rotation, and 2 pulls on the Frieza banner with the stones.
Got quite a few nice things this time, but still no new LR (got 2nd dupe of K&C :( )
Also managed to get :
- STR Namek Goku (New!) => Finally !
- PHY Dabra (New!)
- STR Cooler x2 (Dupe 2 & 3)
- PHY Angel Frieza (New!)
- INT UI Goku (Useless, already rainbowed)
- INT Golden Frieza (Useless, already rainbowed)

Overall happy with Angel Frieza & STR Goku, would have liked a new LR though.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Finished my last lap. Really happy with what I spent, especially since 260 or whatever got refunded. In total I got:

- LR DEX Goku & Frieza (finally!)
- LR INT SSG Goku
- LR AGL SSJ Goku
- TUR AGL Bardock

And all the other SSRs I got along the way that helped with paths/rainbowing units. Got like 2 AGL Cooler, some transforming PHY Vegeta, INT Goku Black, AGL Zamasu. All good stuff. Mostly just happy my 3 LRs were all new. I just need to farm some medals to awaken them all

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Finished my last lap. Really happy with what I spent, especially since 260 or whatever got refunded. In total I got:

- LR DEX Goku & Frieza (finally!)
- LR INT SSG Goku
- LR AGL SSJ Goku
- TUR AGL Bardock

And all the other SSRs I got along the way that helped with paths/rainbowing units. Got like 2 AGL Cooler, some transforming PHY Vegeta, INT Goku Black, AGL Zamasu. All good stuff. Mostly just happy my 3 LRs were all new. I just need to farm some medals to awaken them all
That AGL SSJ Goku is a beast. HE's incredibly useful no matter the team. Links, orb changing, seal, an incredible unit. (and incredible damage also for such a versatile unit)

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
That AGL SSJ Goku is a beast. HE's incredibly useful no matter the team. Links, orb changing, seal, an incredible unit. (and incredible damage also for such a versatile unit)
That's what I keep hearing. Super excited to give him a try. Got a lot of new links to start maxing out.

Might use him for some of these medal farms I need to do...

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I believe its all but confirmed officially to be an MUI Goku for one of them. I think I heard rumors or speculation the other would be a SSBE Vegeta for the other one.

I really hope my luck for those is as good as it was for last anniversary.
I'm going to have around a good amount of stones so the same. As long as I can get at least 2 of each ill be fine.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I finally got LR Freeza and Goku. Not really an exciting pull as he's pretty old and feels generic as he shows up so often in the friend's list. But it's such an useful pull lol.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I've been chasing that damn card since he came out, can't finish the punching bag event with what I have but that's a slam dunk. Really I'd want K&C, TEQ Broly or AGL SSJ Goku.

Still glad I ended up with 2 new LRs and 2 new category leads, but it's nice to want things lol.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
I'm finding LR F&G more & more disappointing while time passes. He's hard to link, damage output is good, but not so great by today's standards. He has no active skill or specific feature.

Themis

Mar 10, 2020
I'm skipping this WT (skipped the last one too) because coming top 5000 globally the last time I did it burnt me out on the mode big time.

3 rotations on the step-up banner;

Themis
LR STR UI Goku - LR INT God Goku - LR PHY Androids - LR PHY Bardock
STR Kefla - AGL Android 13 - STR Cooler - STR SSB KK Goku - INT Gohan -
PHY Wrathful Broly - INT Kid Buu
3x STR Fury Goku - 2x PHY Shenron

me
LR TEQ Broly - LR AGL Nappa - LR PHY Cell
AGL Android 17 - STR Cooler - INT SSJ2 Goku - TEQ SSJ2 Vegeta - PHY Wrathful Broly
STR Fury Goku - 2x STR Janemba - PHY Shenron

You win this one, Themis.

UI Goku, Kefla and INT Godku making me especially jealous. Very happy to get TEQ Broly though.
No you win this one

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Golden Frieza in Ultimate Clash is no joke. Normally I just stomp these events with mono-color teams, but that didn't work on him. I used mostly mono teams for everything up to him and then did an extreme Transformation Boost team that used up all of the available turns AND got a Dokkan attack off to cut his health in half. It was a slog since he has the reduced damage from extreme types, but it was enough to push my mono-Str team over the top to win.

Fun to actually have to plan teams out this time around!

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Golden Frieza in Ultimate Clash is no joke. Normally I just stomp these events with mono-color teams, but that didn't work on him. I used mostly mono teams for everything up to him and then did an extreme Transformation Boost team that used up all of the available turns AND got a Dokkan attack off to cut his health in half. It was a slog since he has the reduced damage from extreme types, but it was enough to push my mono-Str team over the top to win.

Fun to actually have to plan teams out this time around!

Had to use 2 Super STR Team + Pure Sayain Team to defeat him (and took me 2 attempts), but was worth it for 12 stones.