• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this game. Even with guaranteed LR I managed to get fucked. I had 0 gacha LR before this banner. I wanted any Super LR or Goku Black/Broly. Out of 10 LR, I managed to get the 2 I didn't want at all and have no use for: LR Cell, LR Bojack. Fuck this game, it's rigged.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have more info about when we can expect the movie banners on global?

I guess super Buu will be released around the 15th and then the movie banner at the end of the month.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Hey it's better than Beerus 😭

I'd give them both for Beerus. I could use him in my RoG team. But these 2 ? I have litterally no use for them save for Ext INT and Ext PHY. They fit in no categories I have. All I wanted is a Super or RoG or Majin Buu Saga LR. Which means out of 10 LR, I wanted to avoid 2. Yet I managed to pull them. It has to be rigged to have such odds against myself in a guaranteed LR pull.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I wonder if there's gonna be another EZA aside from Gogeta soon since that Universe Saga banner is up in a bit.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'd give them both for Beerus. I could use him in my RoG team. But these 2 ? I have litterally no use for them save for Ext INT and Ext PHY. They fit in no categories I have. All I wanted is a Super or RoG or Majin Buu Saga LR. Which means out of 10 LR, I wanted to avoid 2. Yet I managed to pull them. It has to be rigged to have such odds against myself in a guaranteed LR pull.

That happened to me once last year. My only gacha LR for most of last year was LR Goten/Trunks. I got the Super Saiyan Blue Vegito animation on a summon and knew I was getting an LR...and I managed to pull a dupe of AGL Mighty Mask out of all the LRs in the pool. I was livid.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
That happened to me once last year. My only gacha LR for most of last year was LR Goten/Trunks. I got the Super Saiyan Blue Vegito animation on a summon and knew I was getting an LR...and I managed to pull a dupe of AGL Mighty Mask out of all the LRs in the pool. I was livid.

That feel when you finally pull a gacha LR... and another one... And have no use for any of them :""(

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
If if helps, LR Cell is actually pretty useful on a World Tournament team. You'd just need villain leads or one of the rainbow LR Goku cards for your team. He's an AOE super attacker.

I have amazing units for both Ext PHY (Cooler, FP Frieza with 2 dupes, rainbow Goku Black, Kid Buu, Syn Shenron) and Ext INT (Rainbow Kid Buu, Rainbow Baby Vegeta, Turles, Buuhan), I just dont want to run these teams because I find them boring. :/
But yeah at least Cell will be usefull for WT.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Question about the LR Trunks campaign (if there is one?)

Should I farm the medals and wait to awaken him until there are rewards for it (like Freeza and Goku), or if I awaken him now and max his SA, will the rewards still be given out if the character is complete in my box?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Should I farm the medals and wait to awaken him until there are rewards for it (like Freeza and Goku), or if I awaken him now and max his SA, will the rewards still be given out if the character is complete in my box?

The rewards are retroactive. LR him, rainbow him and SA10 him. You don't need to rush getting him to SA20 until the campaign is out.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's most likely just because of Hit's release, they always do one of these for new category leaders. But it's possible, since most categories get a new LR too.

I was going to say Universe Survival Saga doesn't have an LR and muse about a potential LR UI Goku, but then I remembered Freku is a thing.

I guess it's only a matter of time before we see a UI Goku card that starts and stays at Mastered state for the entire fight.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing LR Trunks's grind when I've got nothing to do for the past few days. When work's slow I use my entire 150 stamina bar to knock some levels out and then when the reset happens around 6PM I use some of the bar to get the dailys done and then the rest on Trunks. I'm not sure how long it'll take but given the cycle I'll probably get him done this month. I don't feel like using any stones for him but this way I'll get him out of the way.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
LR Goku Black grind completed (well, to SA10 at least). AGL Turles grind completed.

I guess I could do the medals for STR Janemba, but knowing in advance how obsolete he is definitely puts a damper on the proceedings.

Piku_Ringo

Oct 28, 2017

The latter considering you don't get all the rewards unless you have him rainbowed and max SA before the campaign begins

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
Well I got an LR Gohan dupe and LR Broly, 2 Jiren.

The Jiren hurt so much I still dont have android 17, vegeta, gogeta, etc I have about 3 category leads lol

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
With the top grossing I got up to a category pull. Got Super Vegito on Simmons and got all R except Super Vegito PHY (1st dupe) and SS3 Bardock (1st dupe). I know Bardock is rare but I still feel cheated lmao.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Thank you extra stones! Did my second to last multi on the New Years banner:

INT UI Goku (Realm of Gods Category Leader)
PHY Android 17 (Androids Category Leader)
PHY SSJ3 Vegeta
1st STR Ultimate Gohan dupe (Hybrid Saiyans Category leader)

That was a great multi. I've wanted UI Goku almost since I started playing the game in December 2017, finally got a copy.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Top grossing

image0.png

What i got

image1.png

I had this beast rainbow already : (

Also rainbow this one!

image2.png

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Someone calculated how many stones we might get before the NYE Banner ends and before the Broly Movie Celebration begins.
So, now that top grossing rewards are out, a question remains for many of us who want to finish their 2nd cycle of the step-up banner. But how many stones will we get until the 28th 22pm PST (7am CET)? We can't be 100% sure but it's highly likely that we'll get Transforming Buu in part 2 with the events going along with it, since it was translated. It also seems reasonnable that we'll get 1 stone from daily missions in part 2, and about 10 stones from the part 2 missions.
So let's start counting :
  • New year login bonus + Daily missions : 26+26 = 52
  • Korin's week-end 50 STA mission : 8
  • Cumulative login bonus : 7 (or 8 counting 2 per week, some will obviously get more when they reach a specific number)
  • Consecutive login bonus : 0 (what did you expect?)
  • Part 2 missions : 10
  • Buu new dokkan stages : 2
  • Kid Buu EZA : 33 (30 from the EZA itself and probably 3 from missions like Cell's)
  • Kai Story event : 14
  • 4th Battlefield season : 28 (Metal Cooler, yay)
  • France hitting TG once again in part 2 : 0 (I doubt we'll get more TG rewards this month).
Which means a total of 154 stones we can reasonnably expect to get until the banner ends. Maybe a few stones from a maintenance could come but it can't really be predicted.
Edit : Added 8 stones from the week-end Korin mission
Edit 2 : This is what I think we'll at least get. Should the punching event (62 stones at best) and the Broly story and EZA (26 + 34 stones) we might get even more. My main point was to reassure people who, like me, were out of stones before the TG rewards, that we should get enough stones for another step up cycle and that it wasn't necessary to buy stones.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fucking shit.
Did two YOLO singles in a row and got TEQ Cell and SSBE Vegeta!

I am floored.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
First dupe and same for Cell.
So happy about Cell since I really wanted a dupe for him.
People shit on singles but I pulled two LRs off them and now this.

Yeah, Vegeta with the first dupe becomes an absolute monster. The crits add up really quickly and even just the buff you get to DEF from upgrading his Potential makes him a surprisingly strong tank as he scales up, even if he doesn't transform. He's probably one of the best non-LR units in the game right now.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The more I look at Movie Banners the more I fear them, as I pretty much want only new Gogeta and Broly + AGL EZA Broly. Everything else is either heavily duped or does not interest me.

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
Okay, so rotation 2 got me three new cards. Every pull was single SSR only (which is terrible.) Got FP Frieza, SSJ4 Vegeta (new, been chasing him forever), Str Janemba (3rd dupe), Agl Turles (yesssss), and LR Black (yesssss)
Still quite bummed that I netted so many duplicates and so few SSRs for 400 stones, but I'm pretty thrilled with my last two pulls.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Sitting on 219 DS and not sure if I should finish the step-up summon(Did the first step) or wait for the movie banner. I'm about a week in.
Currently working on supreme kai stones to fully unlock Vegito and work my way to making him an LR unit.

Here is a link to my characters.
https://imgur.com/a/JzbnlwA

Using Masked Saiyan as my lead currently.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sitting on 219 DS and not sure if I should finish the step-up summon(Did the first step) or wait for the movie banner. I'm about a week in.
Currently working on supreme kai stones to fully unlock Vegito and work my way to making him an LR unit.

Here is a link to my characters.
https://imgur.com/a/JzbnlwA

Using Masked Saiyan as my lead currently.

Since you're such a new player, I would probably advise you go ahead and finish the step-up. A banner better than this isn't going to come around very often (if ever), and you'll pretty much have a use for every card you could possibly pull. The guaranteed LR will be a huge boon for you, and it'll probably be way more beneficial than trying to wait for the movie banners and praying you pull a unit you won't be able to make great use of (or even awaken, if the boss fights are really hard).

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Since you're such a new player, I would probably advise you go ahead and finish the step-up. A banner better than this isn't going to come around very often (if ever), and you'll pretty much have a use for every card you could possibly pull. The guaranteed LR will be a huge boon for you, and it'll probably be way more beneficial than trying to wait for the movie banners and praying you pull a unit you won't be able to make great use of (or even awaken, if the boss fights are really hard).

Glad I took your advice. Got a ton of characters to build a team with and got Majin Vegeta as my LR. Not sure how great he is but I liked the character so for me its the best one I could of got.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I took your advice. Got a ton of characters to build a team with and got Majin Vegeta as my LR. Not sure how great he is but I liked the character so for me its the best one I could of got.

Majin Vegeta is one of the older LRs, but he's a very fun unit to play with, especially if you're building a villain team. You'll definitely be able to get some use out of him as you work on awakening him. Who were the other SSRs you snagged?

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Majin Vegeta is one of the older LRs, but he's a very fun unit to play with, especially if you're building a villain team. You'll definitely be able to get some use out of him as you work on awakening him. Who were the other SSRs you snagged?

Ui Goku -Int- surging new power
Coora -phy- terrifying pressure
SSj4 Gogeta -Teq- The supreme Fusion
Buu -int- Brazen Fighting Spirit x 2
SSj3 Goku -Teq- extreeme power brawl x 3
SSj2 Goku Angel -AGL- clashing tenacity
Perfect Cell - Teq- Flare of Death

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

That is insane luck. UI Goku is a monster, TEQ Cell has an incredibly extreme Z-awakening, SSJ4 Gogeta is a great damage dealer, and SSJ3 Angel Goku is great on TEQ teams.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I am fully ready for my LR step to somehow manage to not have an LR after my pull luck on global has been this last year.

Japan has been great, Global after pulling LR Gogeta and Vegito has been trash. (Yes I know I pulled two LRs and should shut it)

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah your pull on this banner did you way better than the movie banners will do. We'll be getting at least 157 stones before that banner hits if it hits at the end of the movie so you'll at least have enough to get a 3+1 summon out of it. Given you're just starting out you might be able to grind for another 150 with all the stuff that comes with this game before then to at least do more, either way you did great here.

Oct 25, 2017
I am fully ready for my LR step to somehow manage to not have an LR after my pull luck on global has been this last year.

Japan has been great, Global after pulling LR Gogeta and Vegito has been trash. (Yes I know I pulled two LRs and should shut it)
It's true all of the summons post anniversary with the exception of the 250m DL and New Year summons have been trash