• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Don't say that, that bearded cool looking kai seems useful.
I caved on the 77 pack to finish my broly rotation. Got two ssr. PHY Super buu, and Majin Vegeta .... TEQ. That banner has been terrible for me.

Yeah. The Broly banner has just been brutal. That PHY Super Buu is like a cold sore - I never want him, but he just keeeeeeeeeps popping up.

Piku_Ringo

Oct 28, 2017
loving the SA animation

6StPgKh.gif

TDIIjHA.gifv

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Whew. After grinding out most of the remaining story DS, event DS, and a little bit of dolphining, I did my last step up on the Gogeta banner. Got him on the very last multi.

That is my first rate up SSR from the banner in 12 multi's. (ok fine, I got ssj3 goku as well. but who gives a fuck about that card these days)

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Whew. After grinding out most of the remaining story DS, event DS, and a little bit of dolphining, I did my last step up on the Gogeta banner. Got him on the very last multi.

That is my first rate up SSR from the banner in 12 multi's. (ok fine, I got ssj3 goku as well. but who gives a fuck about that card these days)

AGI SS3 Goku?

He's amazing after his EZA

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Getting dangerously close to quitting this fucking game. Wasted a bunch of stones finishing the Broly step-up again and walked away with three more copies of STR LSSJ Broly, a unit I've had all four paths open on for nearly a year. Nobody wants that loser anymore, Dokkan. You suck.

I'm never gonna be able to run a Full Power team. :(

Last edited:

Zerokku

Oct 25, 2017
For those who play on JP, how hard is the Str Gogeta EZA? Trying to figure if I can pull off 30+. The AGL Broly one is the first one I've ever been able to actually finish (though my box feels so much stronger after new years and the movie events)
Hypothetical Team:

Lead: AGL Movie Bosses Turles (No dupes)
AGL Broly Wrathful (2 dupes)
AGL Golden Frieza (1 dupe)
AGL Tapion (No Dupes)
INT Lr Boujack (No Dupes)
INT Super Saiyan Broly (The F2P one, so rainbowed)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
For those who play on JP, how hard is the Str Gogeta EZA? Trying to figure if I can pull off 30+. The AGL Broly one is the first one I've ever been able to actually finish (though my box feels so much stronger after new years and the movie events)
Hypothetical Team:

Lead: AGL Movie Bosses Turles (No dupes)
AGL Broly Wrathful (2 dupes)
AGL Golden Frieza (1 dupe)
AGL Tapion (No Dupes)
INT Lr Boujack (No Dupes)
INT Super Saiyan Broly (The F2P one, so rainbowed)

You should be fine with a team setup like that. Your AGL MB units should more than carry you through it.

Just...probably swap out that INT Broly if you have literally anyone else you could replace him with. Even at rainbow he's probably not gonna do much.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Getting dangerously close to quitting this fucking game. Wasted a bunch of stones finishing the Broly step-up again and walked away with three more copies of STR LSSJ Broly, a unit I've had all four paths open on for nearly a year. Nobody wants that loser anymore, Dokkan. You suck.

I'm never gonna be able to run a Full Power team. :(

Honestly, it's hard for me to understand why people play the game to begin with. The gameplay is like a mostly predetermined, mindless Match-3, the visuals outside of the newer special attacks look like a fan-made passion project, there are basically only a couple game-changing banners every year, there are still no social features, and every new feature they add is just to add more depth for whales to dive deeper into, nothing more.

I basically do daily logins, then pull on the B3G1F Dokkan Fest Banners they do 2-3 times a year. If I get one of the new meta units, I push myself to the brink of madness Dokkan Awakening the units needed to complete the new team, realize there's really nothing to the game aside from team building, then cycle back to daily logins until the next B3G1F. Luckily, or maybe not so luckily, I always get one of the two with my F2P stones every time, so the cycle has yet to break since AGL Super Vegito, haha.

I guess I just keep trying to stay relevant in case they ever do truly expand and upgrade the game to make it social and add some meat to its bones. I think that day may come yet, because I don't think any new DBZ mobile app is going to be able to truly dethrone Dokkan's success. If Legends can't touch Dokkan, I don't think anything else will. Dokkan's gameplay is dumb enough to attract the Candy Crush and slots crowds, and gives them so many reasons to whale.

Zerokku

Oct 25, 2017
You should be fine with a team setup like that. Your AGL MB units should more than carry you through it.

Just...probably swap out that INT Broly if you have literally anyone else you could replace him with. Even at rainbow he's probably not gonna do much.

I have others, but not necessarily others that are SA10 which feels like the trick sometimes.

Like, the only thing I can think is Phy Broly in team as lead/replacing F2P one, team otherwise the same and looking for Turles Friend Leads.

Last edited:

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it's hard for me to understand why people play the game to begin with. The gameplay is like a mostly predetermined, mindless Match-3, the visuals outside of the newer special attacks look like a fan-made passion project, there are basically only a couple game-changing banners every year, there are still no social features, and every new feature they add is just to add more depth for whales to dive deeper into, nothing more.

I basically do daily logins, then pull on the B3G1F Dokkan Fest Banners they do 2-3 times a year. If I get one of the new meta units, I push myself to the brink of madness Dokkan Awakening the units needed to complete the new team, realize there's really nothing to the game aside from team building, then cycle back to daily logins until the next B3G1F. Luckily, or maybe not so luckily, I always get one of the two with my F2P stones every time, so the cycle has yet to break since AGL Super Vegito, haha.

I guess I just keep trying to stay relevant in case they ever do truly expand and upgrade the game to make it social and add some meat to its bones. I think that day may come yet, because I don't think any new DBZ mobile app is going to be able to truly dethrone Dokkan's success. If Legends can't touch Dokkan, I don't think anything else will. Dokkan's gameplay is dumb enough to attract the Candy Crush and slots crowds, and gives them so many reasons to whale.
No lies detected. What do you mean by social features though? What kind of stuff would you like to see, like co-op or something?

Also re: Legends, I think it's apples and oranges. I don't like action games on phones, and i suspect many are the same. it's also PVP focused. It's also extremely bad to play, in my humble opinion, but hey, some people are into fighting games with dogshit controls and monthly power creep i guess.

A proper follow-up to Dokkan, with some kind of non-real time gameplay and PvE focus with co-op stuff could probably succeed Dokkan. It's so creaky, the only reason they haven't done a follow-up like that yet is that apparently they don't need to because dumbasses like me keep playing this game and giving them money despite the game being pretty much as empty as you describe it. I like doing the EZAs and Battlefield, and first-time SBR clears are exciting, but that's kinda it.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
No lies detected. What do you mean by social features though? What kind of stuff would you like to see, like co-op or something?

Also re: Legends, I think it's apples and oranges. I don't like action games on phones, and i suspect many are the same. it's also PVP focused. It's also extremely bad to play, in my humble opinion, but hey, some people are into fighting games with dogshit controls and monthly power creep i guess.

A proper follow-up to Dokkan, with some kind of non-real time gameplay and PvE focus with co-op stuff could probably succeed Dokkan. It's so creaky, the only reason they haven't done a follow-up like that yet is that apparently they don't need to because dumbasses like me keep playing this game and giving them money despite the game being pretty much as empty as you describe it. I like doing the EZAs and Battlefield, and first-time SBR clears are exciting, but that's kinda it.

I agree 100% with this, both in terms of how I view Dokkan and also about Legends. I'll add that I also hate Legends art on top of everything else. But they're very different games, in different genres. Bamco is probably enjoying the fact that they can put out the same cards all over again and some people will spend a lot of money to get them on another game.

And while the current gameplay is stale as fuck, If they ever add live Co-op or PVP to Dokkan i'll likely drop it. "Forced" live Co-op is what stopped me from enjoying Dissidia, for example, and PVP is just awful in general (especially real-time).

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a fucking shmuck and want to get into this again. Ah well, at least I haven't spent any money on this game.

Lost my account on global... I think around the time we first got Jiren and Mastered Ultra Instinct? I'm playing that Japanese version now. Anything I should know? Current events or whatnot? Am I saving up these SSJ4 Gokus for anything other than unlocking potential and SA?

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Finally I got him !
Got to 38 stones, and was waiting on the phone on a medical facility. Decided to push my luck and took the 12 stones to reach 50.
Vegeta & tien, no fusion, SSJ2 summon. I was already infuriated and bam, there he is.
4 SSRs in multi : phy broly, new paragus, agl kid buu, and nuova shenron.
I can finally move on :D

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
Got Gogeta after my 3rd free pull and I did my last pull last night and got Vegeta. Finally got all the featured characters from the banner for the first time ever!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really thinking I need to sell my account. I have so much absolute shit to get rid of just to be able to play again thanks to all of my garbage-tier Broly banner pulls and I feel completely discouraged from even bothering.

I don't know why I'm being punished so badly by every single gacha game I play these days, but it's just completely broken my spirit.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really thinking I need to sell my account. I have so much absolute shit to get rid of just to be able to play again thanks to all of my garbage-tier Broly banner pulls and I feel completely discouraged from even bothering.

I don't know why I'm being punished so badly by every single gacha game I play these days, but it's just completely broken my spirit.
Don't want to Mary Kondo you, but if the game doesn't bring you some sort of joy, move on.
You can trying putting in mathematical way this if that helps. Would you rather spend 2h farming a SA or Dokkaning a character or grinding 3 stones VS watching a movie, or doing a good chunk of a solo console game, or anything else?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to Mary Kondo you, but if the game doesn't bring you some sort of joy, move on.
You can trying putting in mathematical way this if that helps. Would you rather spend 2h farming a SA or Dokkaning a character or grinding 3 stones VS watching a movie, or doing a good chunk of a solo console game, or anything else?

I mean, the GAMEPLAY part is fine. The issue is that I spent over a hundred dollars on this stupid banner and didn't get a single thing of value. Now I have to spend hours of my life cleaning out my box to get rid of all the trash I pulled and I have nothing to show for it.

It sucks extra in that there are no interesting banners coming any time soon, so getting fucked this badly on Broly basically means my whole year in-game has turned to ash already.

Oct 25, 2017
BUsr1XF.jpg

Surprised I was able to do this. Glad I did. SBR can be super shitty at times but if you use your brain you can wade through some of it

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely caved in more than usual, but got the three new units from Broly banner so I can't complain ( and ssg vegeta which is pretty nice also ).
My Movie Boss team is insane, and will be even better when I can finally awaken Beerus LR.

The last stones from gogeta eza (can't wait, mine is rainbow and will be incredible) should net me a last pull on gogeta. Bring it !

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Had enough for two more pulls thanks to the stones:

xqfeowKl.jpg

Finally got the big blue bastard and another SSJ Broly dupe! Finally a decent Pure Saiyans leader. But man, that free pull was garbo. PHY SSJ Vegeta...

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Those 50 stones were AMAZING!!!! It pushed me into 150 and I thought, "Eh, still have nothing off Broly, let's go"

Multi1: Nothing
Multi2: INT Paragus (x2 in fact)
Multi3: PHY Broly!!!
Free: AGL Broly!

With those 150 stones I went from 0/3 to all three. Considering the amount I dumped into it beforehand (some 500 or something), I feel incredibly happy!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
They are giving out so much stones I will be back to 1000 for AGL Cooler.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how this happened but those stones gave me enough to do 1 last round on Gogeta and I used 50 of my own stones to do 1 on Broly so I ended up getting 1 TEQ Goku (which makes my third) and 2 AGL Gogetas (1 away from rainbowing him). This is officially the luckiest banner I've ever pulled on in Dokkan history. Funny enough this new Gogeta's got more paths activated than my SSj4 Gogeta and SSj3 Gotenks that I've been trying to get more of for a while now lol.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I knew EZA AGL Broly was really good, but I had no idea how fast it was to get him into LR damage territory on free dupe. 2 decent turns and he's near 3 mil.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AGI Broly honestly seems better than PHY Broly.
ehhh PHY Broly is more useful I'd say. He has his LS, which is very versatile and stronger than AGL Broly's. He AOEs, is self-sufficient, and after transforming almost always SAs twice. Which he does in turn 4, which is about the same time AGL Broly would be built up to be a real brick shithouse. So I wouldn't quite say he's better. But the fact that a non-dokkanfest EZA unit is within spitting distance still makes him ridiculously impressive. I wish I'd pulled him, but I got PHY Broly and Gogeta so I'm done with these banners. I'm sure he'll pop up in my summons at some point.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Very quickly I've gone broke. Not in real money, but zeni.

I got AGL Broly awakened and mostly EZA'd, then ran out of money. Haven't even gotten PHY Broly, Paragus, or all the farmable Brolys to raise PHY's SA yet.

Besides the weekend event and FP zeni statues, how else can I make money fast?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Very quickly I've gone broke. Not in real money, but zeni.

I got AGL Broly awakened and mostly EZA'd, then ran out of money. Haven't even gotten PHY Broly, Paragus, or all the farmable Brolys to raise PHY's SA yet.

Besides the weekend event and FP zeni statues, how else can I make money fast?

These three EZAs in a row wrecked my Zeni reserves too. Jesus. I ended up just blazing through the AGL Broly EZA levels post-30 to grind up hercule statues to refresh my wallet.

I'm just hoping I'll be able to "afford" getting my Gogeta all EZA'd, because mine is rainbowed and he's just waiting to regain godhood.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
AGI Broly honestly seems better than PHY Broly.
Nah. He's insanely solid unit for not being a Dokkanfest exclusive, but as mentioned, PHY Broly has way more utility with his AOE and fast transformation and is extremely self-sufficient. Second, you have the dual leader skill, so that in itself is way more useful.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. He's insanely solid unit for not being a Dokkanfest exclusive, but as mentioned, PHY Broly has way more utility with his AOE and fast transformation and is extremely self-sufficient. Second, you have the dual leader skill, so that in itself is way more useful.

Pretty much. AGL is a really, really, really good unit and is on par with a lot of Dokkanfest exclusives (which is a big deal), but PHY definitely has the edge in terms of sheer value.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing, nothing, and more nothing.

I mean, I guess SSJ3 Broly is now rainbowed. That's good, right?

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
For you guys on Zeni trouble : burst through some Friend summons, it helps a lot.
Also, you can use those shitty units + shitty training items + training place to train your SR SA+ fodder (like those shitty paragons, vegeta, #17 etc...)

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I've just been going through the AGL Broly EZA to get some statues to sell. When I started I had maybe just 2 million but after grinding for a bit I'm up to 165 million.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Finally pulled PHY Broly on the 50 stones we got. Missing the other two guys from his banner, but they'll be in the general pool soon, so they can wait.

Now I have to get the medals though, that's a semi-annoying battle!

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I've just been going through the AGL Broly EZA to get some statues to sell. When I started I had maybe just 2 million but after grinding for a bit I'm up to 165 million.

Same though I've also been dokkan Awakening some units I'd neglected for a while so I don't have as much as I'd like. Hope to have enough for Gogeta EZA when he launches soon though I need to get a team together for him as well. I forsee AGL Broly being very useful.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Same though I've also been dokkan Awakening some units I'd neglected for a while so I don't have as much as I'd like. Hope to have enough for Gogeta EZA when he launches soon though I need to get a team together for him as well. I forsee AGL Broly being very useful.
You're right about that. I forgot that was tonight. I'm making sure my Movie Bosses team is good to go right now lol. AGL Broly is fine but my AGL MB team isn't very good thus far.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
I should roll all over gogeta.

Phy broly
Eza agl broly
Agl Golden Frieza
AGL Turles
AGL Turles Ape
AGL FP Boujack.