• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

As the 2019 Tokyo Game Show gets underway, the company has even more surprises in store, including more content, a firm release date, and details about special editions.

hen you do buy the game, you have a few options to choose from. If you want more than the base game, you can opt for a deluxe edition that also includes the season pass (the details of which are still vague) and a deluxe cooking item. An ultimate edition includes includes the base game, season pass, a different "ultimate" cooking item, a music compilation, and a unique aerial vehicle to use in-game called the Tao Pai Pai Pillar. Lastly, a collector's edition comes with the base game, as well as a diorama, art book, and steel case.

EEOfSLyUUAUJQzM

Last edited:

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
Nice, I was afraid it was going to be yet another DBZ game that didn't make it past the Cell Saga

Apr 24, 2018
That CE diorama actually looks kinda bad imho (Goku and Gohans' faces just look off to me)...not very often where a game I have interest in has a CE that doesn't appeal to me. I was very happy with the Goku statue I got with the Xenoverse CE, though!

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah I'm usually ok with buying the DBZ CEs but that diorama looks a bit too big to put on a shelf like a figure and that steelbook is eh. Saves me 200 bucks I guess.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
There it is, finally Buu saga confirmation.
Still think the game should've gone with another name, but oh well, if there's a sequel it's going through Super for sure.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Buu saga has made this a day 1 purchase for me! Grabbing that Collector's Edition too!

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
The name is somehow even more stupid than I already thought it was back when it initially seemed like they were only covering up to Namek
Yeah the name just feels like a weird marketing push because 'DBS Broly' without actually thinking of the logic of said game contents. Now if this was a DB only game (not Z) then maybe the name could work but even that might have been pushing it.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
DBZ Kakarot where Goku is dead for 7 years.
Can't be worse than Legacy of Goku 2 having Goku be the last unlockable character but only being playable for the filler before the Cell games.

Though on second thought, considering how Gohan centric that game is, Legacy of Goku is actually a pretty apt title, all things considered

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Since there is a season pass I hope they add the filler arcs like the Garlic Jr. Saga lol
I feel like the season pass will be that as well as the non-canon movies. Stuff like Battle of Gods & Resurrection F will likely be saved for the eventual Super sequel given that they're actual DBS arcs.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the name just feels like a weird marketing push because 'DBS Broly' without actually thinking of the logic of said game contents. Now if this was a DB only game (not Z) then maybe the name could work but even that might have been pushing it.

Yea if it was a DB-focused thing, then I'd be less apprehensive over it. Oh well.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Season pass?

I'd be more excited for GT. Super feels a bit too recent for me.
While I'd rather they not touch GT at all (I know, I just don't want GT involved too much), I do agree that Super is still too recent, but maybe in 2-3 years?
I love that this ends at the end of Z and isn't covering the lame super arcs and characters
Yup, I love to play through the same sagas again and again and again and again.

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Yea it'd suck actually getting to play through a new arc for once
While I'd rather they not touch GT at all (I know, I just don't want GT involved too much), I do agree that Super is still too recent, but maybe in 2-3 years?

We're getting new arcs and anime-only arcs in this game, but I bet you thought you did something there.

Super sagas and arcs aren't needed.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Ughh I really want that statue. I thought it was gonna be another generic Goku figure.

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't know about this game. I want to like it but the gameplay just seems so off to me. I'll probably get it later then hope the inevitable Super sequel looks better.

Also the reprehension of Super in these threads makes me laugh so much lmao god damn

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Give me Garlic Jr. you cowards.

But really it's crazy they're actually going all out and making it all the way through Buu, in one game.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Really weird that VII Remake and what is basically my dream DBZ game(or at least an attempt at it) are releasing the same year.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Man they gotta fix Goku's face at 45 seconds in lol.

Really weird that VII Remake and what is basically my dream DBZ game(or at least an attempt at it) are releasing the same year.
And one after the other too. This game can drop and then shortly after we get that dope FF7.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Since there is a season pass I hope they add the filler arcs like the Garlic Jr. Saga lol
I'd like that actually. Heck, add the other world tournament too. :0

I know GT isn't very popular, but it would be nice to have a game cover it in its entirety, instead of the usual dlc stuff.

Eventually I'd like to see Super, and all the movies. But I'm getting ahead of myself. :3

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
We're getting new arcs and anime-only arcs in this game, but I bet you thought you did something there.

Super sagas and arcs aren't needed.
"New" anime-only arcs that make up who knows how much of the actual game. And lol at "Super sagas aren't needed". Guess what brought back worldwide popularity of the brand? Yup, it was Super.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, arguing about Super. It's pretty obvious that if this game does well it'll get a sequel that covers Super Season 1.