• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Starting to feel like it's Bandai Namco protocol for Dragon Ball games to have awful covers.

Cover-Dragon-Ball-Z-Kakarot-PS4.jpg

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Japan on January 16, 2020 for 7,600 yen, Bandai Namco announced on the Dragon Ball official website. The Xbox One version will be a digital-only release.

No idea if this is the worldwide release date or just for Japan but I'd imagine it's the worldwide one.

DBZ-Kakarot-Japan-Date_09-11-19_002.jpg

Early purchases of the game will include the following additional content:

Early unlock of the training menu to fight against former Ginyu Force member Bonyu – Bonyu is a female warrior and former member of the Ginyu Force created by Akira Toriyama. While she was a famous warrior that Ginyu was at the head of scouting when the Ginyu Force was first formed, she hated "those poses" and left the group. Players can fight a virtual Bonyu, recreated based on data obtained from the Ginyu Force spaceship, in the Capsule Corporation's training room.
Sub-Story: "A Dangerous Party of Friends" – A story in which Goku's friends throw him a party to celebrate his return from planet Yardrat, which is a story that was not depicted in the original work.
Bento: "Happy Ultra Finest Quality Meat" – Increase your status by eating meals in the agme. This is a status up item that will let you progress with an advantage in the early parts of the game.

Thanks to Gematsu for the info

Last edited:

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It's as if they had merged the bad of the cover of Spider-man and the bad of the cover of Dragon Ball FighterZ

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Usually I am really easy to satisfy with cover art but whew that's really bad even for me.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Come on OP don't editorialize in the title like that, I'm sure the cover is...

Oh. Damn that's bad

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks pretty nice. Restrained is not something I thought was in the Dragon Ball design vocabulary.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that is not good cover art, oof. Doesn't look even a little bit like the OG Toriyama art. Also that shadow and the orange background. This is amateur hour lol

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Dear Publishers:

Just because more and more people are buying games digitally, it shouldn't be an excuse to make your box art look like dogshit.

Signed, a concerned member of the community.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I think this is gonna be the best Dragon Ball game, looks solid Asura's Wrath team is the best choice

Oct 25, 2017
It's good that they put John Kakarot, Saiyan Marine, front in center on that cover with almost nothing else because I would have been confused who kakarot was.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hi Yamamuro looking art done by Promo Guy. You have all the bad traits I hate about Yamamuro's art.

At least... the game will be good?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm surprised that they still went to Yamamuro for the cover art. Shintani is right there.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see what's so bad about the cover.

The release date is very nice.I have never played a Dragonball game other than the fighter ones so it's gonna be great playing through the entirety story in a game.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus wept

Boring shot of main character over a one color background is the worst box art trend