• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got all achievement. Just the 170/180 villain to kill and I'm 100% beside tu en4 side quest I need the time machine. 60hours. What a game

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Do I need to be grinding the coloured orbs, or will I sort of naturally get enough?
Goku has just come back in the Saiyan Saga, and I have like 4,000 of red, green, and blue so far.

Oct 25, 2017
As a DBZ fan, this game is a 9.5/10 for me.

Objectively, it's a 7/10.
In terms of fan service it's does a great job, but yeah it's a solid 7 at best. There are too many weird decisions down to the controls and there's a lot of jank, and AI is too repetitive in combat which keeps it from being a great game.

Hopefully it does well enough in sales to get a sequel to build on it.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
My only gripe with the game is that I expected the battles to be a bit more cinematic. XV, B3 and DBF look much better in battle presentation, which is weird because it his is an RPG and developed by CC2.

FZed

Dec 30, 2019
I am on the fence of buying it! Got it for my nephew because he is a kiddo huge fan but wondering if as an adult I won't be disappointed... Loved CC2 work on Naruto and expect the same level of quality, am I wrong? (got fighter Z already)

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
My only gripe with the game is that I expected the battles to be a bit more cinematic. XV, B3 and DBF look much better in battle presentation, which is weird because it his is an RPG and developed by CC2.
The more cinematic stuff reminiscent of the Storm games is still there, but its locked to the Stun bar.

When you break the enemy's stun gauge, all your super moves and combo finishers become more cinematic. I guess they just wanted you to work for it more this time around.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The more cinematic stuff reminiscent of the Storm games is still there, but its locked to the Stun bar.

When you break the enemy's stun gauge, all your super moves and combo finishers become more cinematic. I guess they just wanted you to work for it more this time around.
It's crazy because you can barely stun them unless you literally spam nothing but stun attacks. It recharges so quickly. It doesnt feel fun playing like that though :/ I just enjoy the combat and play normally. But once you "BREAK" them, it is game over holy shit.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
It's crazy because you can barely stun them unless you literally spam nothing but stun attacks. It recharges so quickly. It doesnt feel fun playing like that though :/ I just enjoy the combat and play normally. But once you "BREAK" them, it is game over holy shit.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of how hard it is to actually break them. I'm hoping a future patch addresses it.

Really they probably should've kept the cinematic attacks tied to Burst mode instead.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I guess the fact that it's not a fighter is why the fights are allowed to flow a bit more smoothly.

I couldn't stand how clunky the XV games felt.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
first of all thanks. :)
turned the game of yesterday and can't play till after work today. so some questions could feel unnecessary :D

do you mean the text pop ups with tutorials?
because this is like my third fight up to this point.
Piccolo right at the beginning and then on Master Roshis Island against an "AI" Kirin.

what are Guard Breaker Specials?
the L1 attackes? do all break guard?

and what exactly is a Combo? just mashing O? or adding in some KI Blasts?

Mashing counts as a combo but yeah ki blasts will keep it going. Tbh you can keep the combo counter going with specials and follow ups too, just eventually the enemy is gonna use a burst to regain control themselves.

I could be misremembering perhaps and that some of these pop ups came after raditz, it's a bit of blur since it really does dump it thick and fast. L1 specials can be energy blasts, guard breakers or stuns. If you go the character menu and the skill palette it will say which are which. It can be a bit of a pain to guess which does what at first since stuns and guard breakers are both melee.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to max out all community ? I need to organize it a bit but the system is a chore

i have Z/training/dev/god max
Cooking 5/ adult 9 / adventure 8(almost 9)

but Im lacking 3 emblem from early side quest

beside almost done

upgraded all skill for the 5 playable characters
Fully upgraded all assist characters (they need to be level 90 to be fully upgraded )
Fully upgrade Goku/ Vegeta / gohan (around level 150) and piccolo (120)
Almost finished with futur trunks (110 currently )

for anyone wondering Goku and gohan fully upgrade at 120 ( to use ssj3/unlock potential without any ki drain )
other at 115 (you get ssj2 no drain Vegeta at 115 and for piccolo and trunks withou drain it's much earlier as they have only one transformation )

Do you have some advices for EXP after the end game to beat the secret boss ?
Hes easy without farming. But the fastest xp is bonyu level 100. I casually one shot it with my team (kameha + masenko + Big Bang right at the start ). It gives 400 000xp (with training bonus 100%) and you can farm it very fast. Usually getting a level up in 2-3m

I skipped a couple side quests in the beginning as I was rushing through the first arc. Is there a way to return back so I could do them? Do I miss anything else besides XP for skipping them?

Same I missed 3 I think. We need to wait for the update that include the time machine
You may miss some emblem. I don't have tao pai pai for exemple

Last edited:

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
I skipped a couple side quests in the beginning as I was rushing through the first arc. Is there a way to return back so I could do them? Do I miss anything else besides XP for skipping them?

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
Maxed the training board before the Buu saga, time to power level BWAHAHAHA

A021EF9A60BEC6199A7CD2EE6700C7B0BAA4033E

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
This may have been brought up before, but did they really not include the most famous line in Dragon Ball Z?

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!

I thought I accidentally skipped it during the cutscene or something, but I talked to another friend and they said it wasn't in the game. How is that possible!?!?!

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
This may have been brought up before, but did they really not include the most famous line in Dragon Ball Z?

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!

I thought I accidentally skipped it during the cutscene or something, but I talked to another friend and they said it wasn't in the game. How is that possible!?!?!
That's a dub thing from the old terrible dub. it wasn't in kai which stuck closer to the actual line

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!

It wasn't even the original line. Which obviously also means it wasn't a meme in Japan. No reason to expect that they'd care about it.

Though, it also apparently doesn't have some scenes that are considered memes/iconic in Japan either going by earlier in the thread, so...

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Kakarot knows the memes that matter.

FCE0FE443F9ED6383230C47EE856DB488135284F

Also, there was a patch on Steam today. Does anyone know what it did? I can't find any change log...

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you can usually check in Story menu

by endgame I think you can have all bar one fully upgraded

i have 4 board maxed out
2 level 8
1 level 5

but I miss 3 emblems

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
Besides that one which are the other Community Boards worth investing in? Is it possible to level all the Boards?

I'm pretty sure you can farm unlimited items to level up the emblems.

Wtf how
Did I miss some side quests? Cuz I don't have a lot of those emblems

You're probably missing the emblems where you need to ressurrect the character with the Dragon Balls to unlock the sub quests. During intermission 2 you can ressurrect Raditz, Nappa, Dodoria, Zarbon and the 4 members of the Ginyu Force. During intermission 3 you can ressurrect Apule, Cui and Cell Jr.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball summons aren't just refights, they're actual side missions where the character is revived that end with you getting emblems so that might be a big chunk people miss.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure you can farm unlimited items to level up the emblems.

You're probably missing the emblems where you need to ressurrect the character with the Dragon Balls to unlock the sub quests. During intermission 2 you can ressurrect Raditz, Nappa, Dodoria, Zarbon and the 4 members of the Ginyu Force. During intermission 3 you can ressurrect Apule, Cui and Cell Jr.
Dragon Ball summons aren't just refights, they're actual side missions where the character is revived that end with you getting emblems so that might be a big chunk people miss.
Ah fuck!! They explained that? Cuz if so I missed they were more than refights

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
doing the ultimate waking water save/load glitch early on at like level 17..........going to run through basically the entire game with 100% xp lol

means you can max out en emblem like every 5 minutes......would be faster if loading wasnt so damn slow

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I just found the village where Bacteria used to live lol, it's one of those tiny places in ruins, an old man explains that Bacteria lived there and eventually everyone left due to the smell.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I just found the village where Bacteria used to live lol, it's one of those tiny places in ruins, an old man explains that Bacteria lived there and eventually everyone left due to the smell.
Wild, I love the little touches like this!

So i missed out on reviving a bunch of people for their emblems, can i do that in between after i finish off Cell, or am i going to have to wait until i finish the game?

I believe those quests don't have time limits so you can wish them back whenever you like to do the sub story.